Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best republic class story ?

Elidhan
10.25.2013 , 07:08 PM | #1
I know it can be very subjective, but I'm a rather casual player and I have played pretty much only Imperial classes so far.

Now I'm looking for a change but I will only have time to seriously play one class, my schedule is too busy to try and see which one I prefer, so I thought about asking you guys what you thought of the various republic class stories. Which one(s) you thought were the best and why ?

Thanks a lot !

Nickious
10.25.2013 , 07:37 PM | #2
I haven't had the chance to play a pub character as of yet, but from what I gather from most of the threads that pop up of which class stories are the best, Jedi knight is rated very highly.

spectreclees
10.25.2013 , 07:39 PM | #3
Depends on your opinion of best. All of the stories cover what they are suppose to for each class, they all make sense and feel right. However, the strongest and most entertaining would probably be the Smuggler or JK stories. But that doesn't mean the other two don't have great stories. They just aren't as epic or "cool" than those, imo.

MidichIorian
10.25.2013 , 07:39 PM | #4
I think the knight story is the best in the game (I know, you will argue that agent is better but I thought it felt long so I got bored). I also liked the smuggler story but mostly because of the character. The consular story is garbage and I can't remember Trooper, on behalf of it being almost two years ago since I last rolled one.

Vhaegrant
10.25.2013 , 07:49 PM | #5
Without going spoiler heavy I would rate them in order of preference:

1st) Smuggler, you get a wookiee companion, some of the best dialogue and I was always a fan of Han Solo and the Millenium Falcon. (Imperial Agent)

2nd) Consular, first chapter is slow but has possibly the strongest end chapter of the four. (Inquisitor)

3rd) Trooper, best prologue of the four rep stories but fails to build on it and the theme gets very repetitive. (Bounty Hunter)

4th) Jedi Knight, you are the chosen one, possibly the most cliché filled storyline of the eight with pretty obvious ending. (Warrior)

To be honest the basic feel of the story line has a close correlation with their Imperial mirror. So if there is an Imperial class you enjoyed the story of there's a good chance the mirror will be for you with maybe the exception of the Jedi Knight. Loved the Sith warrior story, JK left me cold.

WestXv
10.25.2013 , 07:54 PM | #6
I preferred to play as a dark Jedi knight it was more entertaining to me personally although the Sith Warrior story is by far the most dependant on your morality which is fun and it can result in completely different outcomes for everything.
Once upon a time in a galaxy far far away....

Elidhan
10.25.2013 , 08:55 PM | #7
Now I'm curious to try all of them haha. I'm definitely going to play it light side though as I went dark side on all my other characters so far.

Probably gonna rule out Consular however since I already played a bit of assassin and sorceror on imp side, and Trooper since most people don't seem too fond of that story so far. Thanks a lot for the feedback people.

Trentest
10.25.2013 , 09:05 PM | #8
The Jedi Knight story is predictable, but very 'Star Wars'. It is very enjoyable, but don't expect any plot twists or anything overly dramatic. It is probably the only story that matters to the background and overarching story of the Old Republic, and links into KOTOR as well.

The Trooper is a straight up action flick. Like a previous poster mentioned, it has possibly the strongest, most enjoyable prologue (Ord Mantell is possibly the most well made starter planet in the game) but it never really builds on it. It's like a 'Super Duper Solider Story' really.

The Smuggler is a comedy through and through. Thus, it's hard *not* to enjoy it. It plays to Han Solo and his friends a lot with the companions available. Whilst not the strongest narrative in the game, it's hard not to enjoy it.

The Consular (and Inquisitor actually) is considered largely by the community to be the weakest narrative in the game, though it does pick up a *lot* after Acts 1 & 2. It ends well, better than the anti-climatic endings of the JK, SW and IA (which still has the best story in the game).

I would recommend the Knight to everyone, if they are at all interested in this timeline, this time period, and want to see their gameplay experience linked to the one they had in Kotor's 1 & 2 and the novels they might have read.

WestXv
10.25.2013 , 09:11 PM | #9
Does noone even play as dark Jedi at all? The dark knight(pun not intended) story is in my opinion much more enjoyable.
Once upon a time in a galaxy far far away....

nachoshark
10.25.2013 , 09:27 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Vhaegrant View Post
Without going spoiler heavy I would rate them in order of preference:

1st) Smuggler, you get a wookiee companion, some of the best dialogue and I was always a fan of Han Solo and the Millenium Falcon. (Imperial Agent)

2nd) Consular, first chapter is slow but has possibly the strongest end chapter of the four. (Inquisitor)

3rd) Trooper, best prologue of the four rep stories but fails to build on it and the theme gets very repetitive. (Bounty Hunter)

4th) Jedi Knight, you are the chosen one, possibly the most cliché filled storyline of the eight with pretty obvious ending. (Warrior)

To be honest the basic feel of the story line has a close correlation with their Imperial mirror. So if there is an Imperial class you enjoyed the story of there's a good chance the mirror will be for you with maybe the exception of the Jedi Knight. Loved the Sith warrior story, JK left me cold.
FINALLY SOMEONE AGREES WITH ME! I highly think that Consular and Inquisitor are the best stories (or the second best) in the game. Thank you, you just made my day!
Server- Jedi Covenant - Bilzar- lvl 50 Sorcerer, Archannis- lvl 35 Sage,
Deforestar- lvl 20 Mercenary, Macklemorous- lvl 6 Warrior, Tranchlus- lvl 4 Knight,