Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dont add PvE to galactic starfighter!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Dont add PvE to galactic starfighter!

The_Grand_Nagus
10.25.2013 , 03:13 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by s_w_sanders View Post
I don't want open space flight PVE, I like the rail shooter.

I would be open to a compromise that would keep the rail shooter and have some open pve as long as the rail shooter is kept. The loss of the rail shooter would be a loss of something keeping me around.
They have already stated that the rail shooter missions arent going anywhere, so even if they did free flight space PvE, it would not effect the current missions you like. But as stated previously, they should not add free flight space PvE missions. If people want to play the free flight system they should be forced to PvP.
ALL YOUR LATINUM ARE BELONG TO ME

The_Grand_Nagus
10.25.2013 , 03:14 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Razdek View Post
Get rid of pvp all together its a waste of developer resources that should be spent on the actual game. Pvpers can go to hell
On the contrary. If you want to have the ability to steer which direction your ship flies in, you should be forced to PvP. And you will like it whether you like it or not!

ninjonxb
10.25.2013 , 03:24 PM | #24
I need to learn to stop browsing the forums while not logged in.

Seriously. EIGHT THREADS YOU HAVE MADE ABOUT YHIS

Lord_Ravenhurst
10.25.2013 , 03:29 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Grand_Nagus View Post
Sure, the majority of players prefer PvE. Sure, the majority of players want PvE added to galactic starfighter. But who says the majority know best? If people want to enjoy the new free-flight space system, then FORCE them to PvP!

Besides, its just way too hard designing AI that can fly in space, and doing hard things isnt fun. So why bother? Dont add PvE to Galactic Starfighter!!!

what's this constant "THE MAJORITY PREFERS" bogus?

'cause the majority plays both PvP and PvE.

a small group of PvE-only extremist carebears are contantly nagging for attention in every online game and should be completely ignored for at least a year

"The majority" plays DOTA2, LoL and WoT, which are PvP-only games.

MaximusRex
10.25.2013 , 03:30 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
And the day they release space PvE will be a day of great QQ about the 101 instances of stupid AI not being fun.

Only way space dogfighting in PvE will ever be hard is if they go the BF2 route and just have insanely overpowered AA guns on all the capital ships, which would be its own brand of QQ
I'm guess that you never played the X-Wing/TIE fighter games?

I would imagine that they want to see how it plays and how popular it is before they invest in the AI for space combat. I don't see a lot of point in pre-emptively whining about them not having PVE at launch. At this point they aren't going to be able to develop it for launch anyhow.

And it really doesn't matter how many people ask for something, while it can be a barometer of interest, it really doesn't have any bearing on whether the development time for the feature would be worth it in the long run, especially if people play it twice then go meh and stop. See argumentum ad populum. This is why people don't eat poop despite 3 trillion flies thinking its the best thing ever.

The_Grand_Nagus
10.25.2013 , 03:31 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Ravenhurst View Post
The majority plays both PvP and PvE
There is a difference between playing both and preferring one over the other. Some people prefer PvE, but play both. Some people prefer PvP, but play both. And some people prefer equally. And some people only PvE, or only PvP, rather than doing both. However, the majority prefer PvE(even if some play both). But it doesnt matter what the majority prefer. Everyone should be forced to PvP if they want to be able to steer their ship in space

Zaizo
10.25.2013 , 03:41 PM | #28
Sure, the majority of players prefer PvE. Sure, the majority of players want PvE added to galactic starfighter. But who says the majority know best? If people want to enjoy the new free-flight space system, then FORCE them to PvP!

Besides, its just way too hard designing AI that can fly in space, and doing hard things isnt fun. So why bother? Dont add PvE to Galactic Starfighter!!!

seems like bad business to force the player into content they don't like hmm . . .\
All I want is the current pve space missions updated to use the Starfighter and Free Flight mechanics co-op can be pvp only for all I care.

ninjonxb
10.25.2013 , 03:44 PM | #29
To anyone that is actually pissed that there is not PvE in the expansion:
What would be the difference?
If they created good AI... What differences do you expect? I can really only see basically the same thing we have now with AI controlled ships vs player controlled ships...

Lord_Ravenhurst
10.25.2013 , 03:44 PM | #30
There is a difference between playing both and preferring one over the other. Some people prefer PvE, but play both. Some people prefer PvP, but play both. And some people prefer equally. However, the majority prefer PvE(even if some play both). But that doesnt matter. Everyone should be forced to PvP if they want to be able to steer their ship in space
The whole PvP vs. PvE myth is pure carebear agenda.
PvE is the whole content including story, you can NOT do anything else than "prefer" PvE.
PvP just happens in an "E"NVIRONMENT too, PvP is not content.

Today I prefer quests tomorrow I do warzones. Normal players play everything a game has to offer.
Only carebears deal in extremes.

yes I want a huge open world in GS instead of arenas but I want it with PvP and PvE mixed open world FFA sandbox.
Stop the separation between NPC and Players.