Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

*DELAYED* Season 1 of Ranked Warzone Arenas

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
*DELAYED* Season 1 of Ranked Warzone Arenas
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Vandicus
10.25.2013 , 09:10 AM | #21
Sort of wondering why this isn't stickied.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

Eillack
10.25.2013 , 09:12 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Bzziki View Post
Is someone surprised?
I'd be surprised if there ever was a Season 1 in this game lol.

Morde_
10.25.2013 , 09:13 AM | #23
Alright serious question.

Since arenas first came on the PTS it's been a static +12/-13 for wins/losses. The wording of this announcement is implying that this is some kind of last minute bug that was just discovered recently. If that was the case then fine, no biggie. But this means that in the multiple months we've had arenas, either no one has reported that ELO loss/gain was static, or the dev team knew and swept it under the rug and is just now being like "oh yeah I guess we should do that".

Which case was it?
Scold
<Hey im washed up>
carried by jonie

Lord_Ravenhurst
10.25.2013 , 09:14 AM | #24
I just want ranked day/night cycle on planets

EricMusco
10.25.2013 , 09:14 AM | #25 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Vandicus View Post
Sort of wondering why this isn't stickied.
Good catch >< I posted this before I had consumed my morning tea. I will get this stuck as of this post. Thanks!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Jmenks
10.25.2013 , 09:18 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Morde_ View Post
Alright serious question.

Since arenas first came on the PTS it's been a static +12/-13 for wins/losses. The wording of this announcement is implying that this is some kind of last minute bug that was just discovered recently. If that was the case then fine, no biggie. But does this mean that in the multiple months we've had arenas, either no one has reported that ELO loss/gain was static, or the dev team knew and swept it under the rug and is just now being like "oh yeah I guess we should do that".

Which case was it?
Maybe they realized it after last nights stream of JC's arenas? lol idk but that should've been noticed a while ago......
I'm Confused
Saber of Exar Kun

Morde_
10.25.2013 , 09:19 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Jmenks View Post
Maybe they realized it after last nights stream of JC's arenas? lol idk but that should've been noticed a while ago......
We mentioned it in the twitch chat and I think EMusco acknowledged it. I would find it incredibly disappointing if this is the first instance that the dev team realised that it was broken.
Scold
<Hey im washed up>
carried by jonie

cycao
10.25.2013 , 09:21 AM | #28
We mentioned it in the twitch chat and I think EMusco acknowledged it. I would find it incredibly disappointing if this is the first instance that the dev team realised that it was broken.
It feels like bolster. You know broken as all hell on the PTS and every player knew it except for the devs.

Morde_
10.25.2013 , 09:23 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
It feels like bolster. You know broken as all hell on the PTS and every player knew it except for the devs.
How naked bolster was fixed on the 2.0 PTS and still made it to live was either a massive development revision control error or complete carelessness, or both.
Scold
<Hey im washed up>
carried by jonie

cycao
10.25.2013 , 09:48 AM | #30
How naked bolster was fixed on the 2.0 PTS and still made it to live was either a massive development revision control error or complete carelessness, or both.
I'll go with ladder for 600 Alex.