Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Cartel Mounts drop rate is ridiculous!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
New Cartel Mounts drop rate is ridiculous!!

Shynymist
10.22.2013 , 06:22 PM | #1
I purchased 9 Hypercrates: Trackers Bounty Packs on my account and 6 on the account I have for my daughter...that is 316 packs!! There was NOT ONE Raptor pet, NOT ONE Coastal varactyl and NOT ONE Flatland Zeldrate drop! It seems to me the drop rate for these items are a bit on the RIDICULOUS LOW side! I've spent a small fortune (my choice) for a chance to win those items. With that many packs it seems there should have been at least 1 drop!

Anyone else see a problem with the drop rate of these items?

I put in a ticket to ask why and was told to go to the suggestion thread of the Forums. I went there and there is no place for a complaint post on this subject.

xMegrinx
10.22.2013 , 06:26 PM | #2
I agree. I'm a subscriber and spend all my coins basically on the packs. On average I get one mount for every 10 packs I purchase. When I first tried the freelancer pack, I got a veractyl mount on my 2nd try...I haven't seen one drop since.
Gamer Girlie Blog
http://www.gamergirlie.com http://www.twitch.tv/gamergirlie

A cute, simple blog with daily twitch streaming made by an avid girl gamer!

Darth_Wicked
10.22.2013 , 06:26 PM | #3
No one is forcing you to buy the hypercrates. Last I checked, it's a game of chance and as such, luck of the draw is the rule.

If you don't like it, do the same I do: Wait for the BoP to wear off and buy the mount from the GTN. Or, instead of going wild and buying a zillion crates, opening and NOT getting what you want, just sell them on the GTN instead. I'm fairly sure you'll get enough creds to buy the mount eventually.
Click here for a FREE character transfer and 7 days of subscription ( Referral Link FAQ )
Quote: Originally Posted by The Unseen
When he returns, there will be peace.
When he returns, there will be silence.
WHEN HE RETURNS, ALL STARS WILL DIE.

AndjoBretori
10.22.2013 , 06:27 PM | #4
Um, RNG?
"Only in the darkness do you truly see the Light."
Andjo Bretori; Jedi Shadow.

Lesaberisa
10.22.2013 , 06:28 PM | #5
You bought 15 hypercrates?
Finest mediocre fanfic this side of the Outer Rim:Trooper / Inquisitor

Arvig
10.22.2013 , 06:29 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Shynymist View Post
I purchased 9 Hypercrates: Trackers Bounty Packs on my account and 6 on the account I have for my daughter...that is 316 packs!! There was NOT ONE Raptor pet, NOT ONE Coastal varactyl and NOT ONE Flatland Zeldrate drop! It seems to me the drop rate for these items are a bit on the RIDICULOUS LOW side! I've spent a small fortune (my choice) for a chance to win those items. With that many packs it seems there should have been at least 1 drop!

Anyone else see a problem with the drop rate of these items?

I put in a ticket to ask why and was told to go to the suggestion thread of the Forums. I went there and there is no place for a complaint post on this subject.
I'm not trying to troll, but all I will say is welcome to the world of random number generation. For everyone like you, there's someone that probably had each mount drop two or three times or more and possibly bought less packs as well.

It's not like if one buys 20 packs, and there's a 5 percent chance of an item dropping (to use random figures) that you WILL get the item. It just means you have 20 chances to roll five percent or less. You just had horrid luck and never rolled whatever number is needed to hit the mounts.

Anyway, take a look at what you DID get with each pack. See what they sell for on the GTN. Some of the items might be fairly uncommon as well, and thus sell well. Some of the ink dye packs can sell for a small fortune if nothing else. Sell those items on the market once they unlock, and then buy whatever mount(s) you want. It's what I do when I buy a few packs wanting something specific but don't hit the item.

TheSeventhJedi
10.22.2013 , 06:32 PM | #7
BioWare must be laughing all the way to the bank.
Click for free things, please:

http://www.swtor.com/r/GlscnB

(It's a referral link - whether you're a new or returning member,
you'll get all sorts of goodies!)

Suromir
10.22.2013 , 06:58 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSeventhJedi View Post
BioWare must be laughing all the way to the bank.
yah uh..this.

It's what happens when you gamble....

but keep throwing money at them. Go on.

They'll add more fluff to take space in packs that are one-time-use items (like the jawagrams and markers) and keep laughing.

while you throw money at them left and right to get the one thing you want.

You all do know what random and rare mean right? maybe you should look it up between taking out cash to toss at BioWare

Darth_Wicked
10.22.2013 , 07:00 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Suromir View Post
yah uh..this.

It's what happens when you gamble....

but keep throwing money at them. Go on.

They'll add more fluff to take space in packs that are one-time-use items (like the jawagrams and markers) and keep laughing.

while you throw money at them left and right to get the one thing you want.

You all do know what random and rare mean right? maybe you should look it up between taking out cash to toss at BioWare
There are no Rare items anymore. Only Super Rare, so you pay 240CC for an account wide unlock.
Click here for a FREE character transfer and 7 days of subscription ( Referral Link FAQ )
Quote: Originally Posted by The Unseen
When he returns, there will be peace.
When he returns, there will be silence.
WHEN HE RETURNS, ALL STARS WILL DIE.

jedip_enguin
10.22.2013 , 07:01 PM | #10
Random is random.

Nothing to see here, move along.
Dat referral link - http://www.swtor.com/r/Sh6HPh