Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR Holiday Update

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lesaberisa
10.18.2013 , 10:38 AM | #11
Double XP weekend will be nice since I am working that weekend and can use it to pass the time. Kind of a long time to wait for the Gree event, but hopefully one of the 'surprises' is something else.

Kind of ho hum, I guess, but I'm not big on PvP or space PvP so it's not really aimed at me.
Finest mediocre fanfic this side of the Outer Rim:Trooper / Inquisitor

befear
10.18.2013 , 10:39 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by znihilist View Post
Why don't anyone read!
well thanks for reading. i did just glace at it
Sephster <Intrepid>
http://www.twitch.tv/befear

Eillack
10.18.2013 , 10:39 AM | #13
Did I overlook the "holiday" part of that article?

I see no mention of holiday events.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

AlrikFassbauer
10.18.2013 , 10:43 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
Did I overlook the "holiday" part of that article?

I see no mention of holiday events.
I hope it's hidden within the word "surprises" ... Anyway, I at least hope that the Robe will be available again ...
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

PerinnAybara
10.18.2013 , 10:45 AM | #15
1. Commando/Mercenary Treatment
When a group of developers ignore the complaints of a class in an mmo until the players of said class reroll, quit or just become too tired to complain. Thus solving the root cause of said complaints. This is followed up by the developers patting each other's backs and congratulating each other on a job well done.
1. Bioware is really putting powertechs through the commando/mercenary treatment. Each patch powertech's think their class can not get worse, when it does.

2. If the RNG gods align, we can be one shot by a Boss mechanic, and there is nothing we can do. Us assassin tanks are getting the Commando/Mercenary treatment.

3. Because of Bioware's consistent use of the commando/mercenary treatment one will find a lack of commandos and mercenaries queing for the 4 v 4 ranked arenas.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...ry%20Treatment
Character: Mathrim Cauthon, 50 Mercenary on Prophecy of the Five

DOHboy
10.18.2013 , 10:47 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Glzmo View Post
Hello Bruce! Which patch can we expect chat bubbles for /say, /yell and /emote chat to be in? Could you please sneak them in as a holiday present? If not, which approximate patch number can we expect them for?
The one just after servers shut down for good. I hope this is something that never gets implemented.

Elogio
10.18.2013 , 10:56 AM | #17
Thank you Bruce for taking the time to let the community know of these exiting new features. Opening up communication is definitelly a step in the right direction.
Keep it up.

Alec_Fortescue
10.18.2013 , 10:56 AM | #18
Good initiative with the character names. Otherwise it's all too-scarce. Again. :[ Nothing specific, just "more stuff to be excited about that you already know is in works."
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

chuixupu
10.18.2013 , 11:00 AM | #19
Big question about the name wipes:

Say there is someone you know who falls into the category of getting their name wiped, but they plan on coming back and and want to make sure they keep it? Do they need to re-subscribe to reserve their name, or can they just log in Preferred and show there was some activity?
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

ZionHalcyon
10.18.2013 , 11:32 AM | #20
You want feedback?

MORE CLASS STORY.

Start listening to the people who have been asking for it at almost EVERY CANTINA EVENT, as well as in the forums.

There's my feedback. Great work on the other stuff, but don't brush off those playing the game for our character's story...