Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Have I bought the game or not????

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Have I bought the game or not????

Neradin's Avatar


Neradin
12.13.2011 , 02:38 PM | #11
Hi. I kinda have same issues. May be all is fine, but who know, because with Origin I have NO IDEA WHAT IS GOING ON HERE.

Like four months ago I buy Early game aceess and Digital deluxe edition. I redeam those codes and all look fine. Codes redeemed for early game access and delxe digital preorder. Thats what I was thinking. Today I check this Origin/EA page to verify status since I red somwhere that they will send codes around 15th. There is no record on my account there about anything even close to Star wars. I check my credit history and at that time I was billed only for 5 which is cost for early game access. So Im hopping that while I have Preordered Digital deluxe edition they will bill me for game cost and send me game code to redeem in return. Who know, because I tried to look for answer in Origin/EA page and that is unbelivable mess!!!! Newer seen omething that confusing and useless. I was not able to get to any topick related to this issue. May be Im dumb but I was not able to open any ticket and worst of all there is not even simple mail address anywhere to contact them.

Can anybody link me some topick where this is described or just take time to explain it to me. Becase of this mess it might happen that I end up in 20th withut game code....

Thanks in advance

Peroxide's Avatar


Peroxide
12.13.2011 , 02:47 PM | #12
If that page is for after launch, why did I get invited to early access and after downloading the client and it's patched and ready to play I get the error message "that I must have a subscription to play the game" then it goes and links me to that stupid checklist page to set up my subscription and lo and behold I magically haven't redeemed my early accesss code now. Even though I redeemed it on the 3rd. When I finally got a code from Target that worked. Only took 4 codes.
Valar Morghulis.......All men must die.

TekaruPrime's Avatar


TekaruPrime
12.13.2011 , 02:54 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
The new checklist is for after launch. If you read the paragraph at the beginning it's pretty clear
Thank you for clearing that up. It would have been less confusing if they had a "check" for "head start" or something like that. it was pretty troubling to log in to the website here and be greeted with a message to the effect of "redeem your code to get early access!" when I was pretty sure I had already. then I go to that other page and like I said, it was grayed out. hence my confusion and concern. thanks again!

Neradin's Avatar


Neradin
12.13.2011 , 02:58 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Peroxide View Post
If that page is for after launch, why did I get invited to early access and after downloading the client and it's patched and ready to play I get the error message "that I must have a subscription to play the game" then it goes and links me to that stupid checklist page to set up my subscription and lo and behold I magically haven't redeemed my early accesss code now. Even though I redeemed it on the 3rd. When I finally got a code from Target that worked. Only took 4 codes.
You have to add (suprise) another code. The one which you get as a part of the box version or from e-mail in case of deluxe edition.

My concern is that I buy preorder and earlygame access, but I dont know what happen now. They will bill me now for game cost and send me code to redeam or should I buy it now? If second option is right then what the hell is preorder for? I dont understand an seems like a lot other people dont. Why it is so freeking complicated and why this information is not included in standard information package. Why there is space for these speculations.....

Mjarni's Avatar


Mjarni
12.13.2011 , 03:11 PM | #15
Ok, so apparently Im having the same problem that some of you all are having, and I dont really understand the answers. I bought the game, and registered my pre-order code. Then Today I downloaded the latest patches, because I was playing beta. Then when i tried to log in, it said that I didnt have a registration yet. It was setp 3...it told me to enter a registration code, and when I did, it said that I already had a code associated with the account...which was my pre-order code. So, It wont let me pt in any other codes, and it also wont ungrey the box, meaning that I havent completed that step yet. So have I completed the step or not? I tried emailing customer support, but everyone else has too cause I havent heard back yet, and the phones are overloaded. Any answers will help. Im old and confused...sigh

SysOpPsyche's Avatar


SysOpPsyche
12.13.2011 , 03:17 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by bobbahotep View Post
seriously.. how do I tell??????


What is that code I have to redeem... ?

I have preordered, got the code.. submited it already to have the beta access...

what else do I need to do??

rly freaking mess...
If you Pre-Ordered a digital version you probably haven't recieved the Full game key yet. You just got the Preorder key. Goto your account->Code Redemption and at the bottom it will display what codes you've redeemed. A Pre-Order key does not equal a Full game key and you won't get that until Launch for a digital (will be in your receipt) either because you haven't paid full price yet or they aren't allowed to release it yet (using the key will count as opening the box and negate the option to cancel/return the game). You won't actually need the Full-game key til the 20th.

Impatience's Avatar


Impatience
12.13.2011 , 03:23 PM | #17
This should help with some of the questions.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=359

bobbahotep's Avatar


bobbahotep
12.14.2011 , 07:22 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Neradin View Post
Hi. I kinda have same issues. May be all is fine, but who know, because with Origin I have NO IDEA WHAT IS GOING ON HERE.

Like four months ago I buy Early game aceess and Digital deluxe edition. I redeam those codes and all look fine. Codes redeemed for early game access and delxe digital preorder. Thats what I was thinking. Today I check this Origin/EA page to verify status since I red somwhere that they will send codes around 15th. There is no record on my account there about anything even close to Star wars. I check my credit history and at that time I was billed only for 5 which is cost for early game access. So Im hopping that while I have Preordered Digital deluxe edition they will bill me for game cost and send me game code to redeem in return. Who know, because I tried to look for answer in Origin/EA page and that is unbelivable mess!!!! Newer seen omething that confusing and useless. I was not able to get to any topick related to this issue. May be Im dumb but I was not able to open any ticket and worst of all there is not even simple mail address anywhere to contact them.

Can anybody link me some topick where this is described or just take time to explain it to me. Becase of this mess it might happen that I end up in 20th withut game code....

Thanks in advance

That's exactly my problem too, I seen no orders under my EA account and my credit card was billed 5 EURO as well.

HAVE I BOUGHT THE GAME OR NOT?? Shall I buy it 'again'? what the hell is going on here?

Good to know I am not alone here.

Yung_DizzY's Avatar


Yung_DizzY
12.14.2011 , 07:23 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by bobbahotep View Post
That's exactly my problem too, I seen no orders under my EA account and my credit card was billed 5 EURO as well.

HAVE I BOUGHT THE GAME OR NOT?? Shall I buy it 'again'? what the hell is going on here?

Good to know I am not alone here.
You pre-ordered, not bought.
(|||||◊█Ξ[ө]|█Ξ[████████████████████) (Survivor of E3 09)GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND
http://www.twitch.tv/yungdizzy <<<<<<My Game Streaming Channel

Dasffion's Avatar


Dasffion
12.14.2011 , 07:24 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by bobbahotep View Post
That's exactly my problem too, I seen no orders under my EA account and my credit card was billed 5 EURO as well.

HAVE I BOUGHT THE GAME OR NOT?? Shall I buy it 'again'? what the hell is going on here?

Good to know I am not alone here.
You have pre-ordered, the rest of the money will be taken out next Tuesday.