Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Have I bought the game or not????

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Have I bought the game or not????

bobbahotep
12.13.2011 , 02:07 PM | #1
seriously.. how do I tell??????

What is that code I have to redeem... ?

I have preordered, got the code.. submited it already to have the beta access...

what else do I need to do??

rly freaking mess...

slayerrr
12.13.2011 , 02:10 PM | #2
what are the dates/decriptions on your redeem code page?

Might be an idea to check with support

Vanglemesh
12.13.2011 , 02:12 PM | #3
When you receive your physical copy of the game there is a registration code included in the package. You won't need it until the official release date 20 December so don't worry, you can still play in early access.
Which path to choose?

Brickabrack
12.13.2011 , 02:12 PM | #4
Well, you've done all you can do right now neighbor. The fact that you can post on the forums shows that you entered in your pre-order code correctly. You should have a reciept from whatever place you bought your game from. Now just sit back, and wait for your turn to play early access. Then whenever you pick up your game, enter in that code that comes with the game and you are then registered and ready to rock playing after launch.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Playing Since 12-13-2011

Kalaxon
12.13.2011 , 02:16 PM | #5
So I pre-ordered and I will most likely get early access.....but Amazon says my collector's edition will not reach me until the 27th......does this mean that I'll have access and then get loacked out for a week?! That seems fail....

TekaruPrime
12.13.2011 , 02:16 PM | #6
You have to admit, it is very confusing.

I pre-ordered digitally, so I had a code in an email. So I registered the code and on one part of my account info it says I pre-ordered the game. But on another part it's still asking for the code. ??? the 'new checklist" is greyed out as if I never entered a code. What does THAT mean?

slayerrr
12.13.2011 , 02:19 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalaxon View Post
So I pre-ordered and I will most likely get early access.....but Amazon says my collector's edition will not reach me until the 27th......does this mean that I'll have access and then get loacked out for a week?! That seems fail....
Yes, that's correct.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Dasffion
12.13.2011 , 02:22 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by TekaruPrime View Post
You have to admit, it is very confusing.

I pre-ordered digitally, so I had a code in an email. So I registered the code and on one part of my account info it says I pre-ordered the game. But on another part it's still asking for the code. ??? the 'new checklist" is greyed out as if I never entered a code. What does THAT mean?
The new checklist is for after launch. If you read the paragraph at the beginning it's pretty clear

Quote:
If you are a pre-order customer, the following steps are NOT required for Early Game Access. However, in order to play Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ at the official launch of the game on December 20, 2011, 12:01AM EST (Pacific: December 19th, 9:01PM; European: December 20th, 05:01AM GMT, 06:01 CET), you must first answer a series of security questions and provide your contact information. Then you must redeem a Product Registration Code that came with the game, and either subscribe to the game or redeem a Game Time Code. Follow the steps outlined below!

Rohaen
12.13.2011 , 02:26 PM | #9
This has confused me too. What I can see on Origin site is my order as pending....?
I don't understand that. I did receive emails from EA/Origin and have registered those codes, installed game client, etc... All of that shows up on my account. I got concerned because Origin shows my digital pre-order as still pending.

Dasffion
12.13.2011 , 02:27 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Rohaen View Post
This has confused me too. What I can see on Origin site is my order as pending....?
I don't understand that. I did receive emails from EA/Origin and have registered those codes, installed game client, etc... All of that shows up on my account. I got concerned because Origin shows my digital pre-order as still pending.
I think it's pending because you haven't actually bought the game yet.