Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Incredibly slow download and install speed.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Incredibly slow download and install speed.

Nrg_Wolf
10.22.2013 , 04:07 AM | #41
Iam well aware of that factor, it beats trying to download the game at 512kbs when you can get full speed.

OwenBrooks
10.22.2013 , 04:12 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Nrg_Wolf View Post
Iam well aware of that factor, it beats trying to download the game at 512kbs when you can get full speed.
Just wanted to mention it as other people reading may not be aware of that and then wonder why they have a 20+Gb download occurring

LordOfWoeX
11.16.2013 , 01:39 AM | #43
This is actually ridiculous I've been downloading the finishing download for about 2 days now I even leave the laptop on over night and it's only at 51% this is so stupid if this isn't fixed soon I swear.

theodan
11.17.2013 , 05:03 PM | #44
I have the same problem..

It actually had me wondering as I had not even loaded the game since Feb, that there was a butt load of patches to download.

But as i downloaded WoW, CS Go and BF4 in a day total, and they totalled 55gb, Start Wars should not be that big.

Shame we cant download the patches directly from here, like WoW offers.

Sydexlic
11.17.2013 , 06:30 PM | #45
Also weighing in on this. This patcher is a pile of ****.

I've just downloaded the client again in the hope that I can finally start playing. 4 days now I've been at this.

Again the launcher has told me the game is ready to play, has ceased all downloading and is proudly proclaiming to be complete and yet again I've loaded up the game and found this to be a bald faced lie and the pathetic streaming patcher is left to take me from 94% to full. I've quit the game again and I *hope* the launcher will actually do the *********** job this time, but knowing it, it'll probably says it's complete again at 97.5%, forcing me to restart the launcher every .5% until it actually is complete...who knows how long this will take.

I asked this in it's own thread before....but who is this patching regime actually better for? It sure as **** is not the customer.

DarthZin
11.17.2013 , 07:44 PM | #46
Glad I Found this I was having the same problems and im currently stuck at 44% Subscriber too and when i click to play the game while the rest of the patch resolves Its stuck in an eternal loading screen

DarthZin
11.18.2013 , 12:55 PM | #47
Bumping to see if anyone else has had this problem. Im still downloading at a supposed 512KBs that spike to 4MB/s then back and move the installer progress by 0.01% every 20-25 secs.

viktorjames
11.18.2013 , 08:08 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by porpisehork View Post
Total time to complete this update, patch, reorganization of data or what ever they want to call it was 7 1/2 hours.

As a subscriber this is highly irritating and feel it would be in Bioware's best interest to compensate the entire player base (not just subscribers) with something. Be it game time for subscribers to cartel coins or something to make up for this inconvenience.
Ohhh you are lucky then 7 1/2 hours, me cant even finish the patch, for 8 days now >.<, and im a new subscriber just subscribed Nov 13, and i still cant play my main char!!!!!!

Megyskermike
11.19.2013 , 08:18 PM | #49
Having the same problem, just got back to the game after a month long hiatus.. download/installation speed is terribly slow ~

DeanStan
11.20.2013 , 04:40 AM | #50
same... been at it for days... its sooo slow, and i feel like i have fast internet at 102 Mbps. why the heel does it only download at peak of 2Mbps (if I'm lucky)... its like they don't want anyone to play the game... so frustrating