Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Incredibly slow download and install speed.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Incredibly slow download and install speed.

tagos's Avatar


tagos
09.25.2013 , 02:19 AM | #21
I did the SSN reset, deleted the folders, all the stuff they suggested to the a poster. The download is still painfully slow - way slower than the original install. I'm at work for the next 10 hours and I doubt it will be finished then.

Until they have figured out how to patch things properly there should be no more patches. They all seem to be for trivial crap anyway. Store it all up and do one update every now and then.

And next time there is a patch the people doing it and their boss should be asked:

'Are you absolutely sure this will work properly because if it causes problems you are all out that door?'

FourWarWizards's Avatar


FourWarWizards
09.25.2013 , 02:24 AM | #22
Same issues here, recently a sub and even purchased some cartel coins. Wishing I hadn't now.

It appears the game is downloading from scratch. Cant see why this is a difficult fix from EA, being computer programmers and all.

I fear I've wasted money on EA yet again... Why I trusted my money in a MMORPG they created, I will never know.
How about we get a response from Customer Service for a change, to explain what is actually happening?

Soulles_Void's Avatar


Soulles_Void
09.25.2013 , 02:26 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by tagos View Post
I did the SSN reset, deleted the folders, all the stuff they suggested to the a poster. The download is still painfully slow - way slower than the original install. I'm at work for the next 10 hours and I doubt it will be finished then.

Until they have figured out how to patch things properly there should be no more patches. They all seem to be for trivial crap anyway. Store it all up and do one update every now and then.

And next time there is a patch the people doing it and their boss should be asked:

'Are you absolutely sure this will work properly because if it causes problems you are all out that door?'
This is why most Game-dev companies are supposed to do stress-tests and pre-release tests on all patches and updates. So this **** doesn't happen
Yes, I realise I'm missing an "s" in my name. Drinking and account creation don't go too well together.

Critstix's Avatar


Critstix
09.25.2013 , 02:33 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by FourWarWizards View Post
.
How about we get a response from Customer Service for a change, to explain what is actually happening?

They are responding... in other threads...with copy and paste we are sorry answers.

Im off to look for another mmo and see what's happening with wildstar while i wait and see if this unnecessary redownload ever ends.

Klionheart's Avatar


Klionheart
09.25.2013 , 02:47 AM | #25
Chiming in just for the heck of it, since it's clear by now that this is a universal problem.

In the same boat here. Started the launcher yesterday, it updated(quickly, by the way), than after a restart it apparently started downloading the whole game all over again...slowly. Stuck at 43% after hours...hopefully it'll done by the evening.

If anyone from Bioware/EA is reading, it wouldn't be such a bad idea to give a couple extra days of subscription time to current subscribers, as compensation for the screw-up. Won't bankrupt you, might get you some goodwill back from most customers, and perhaps it will even work as incentive to properly test patches in the future

Soulles_Void's Avatar


Soulles_Void
09.25.2013 , 02:47 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Critstix View Post
They are responding... in other threads...with copy and paste we are sorry answers.

Im off to look for another mmo and see what's happening with wildstar while i wait and see if this unnecessary redownload ever ends.
In the time it's taken for the patcher to download another percent or so, I've managed, on another computer, to download the entire game client for EVE Online. >.<
Yes, I realise I'm missing an "s" in my name. Drinking and account creation don't go too well together.

FourWarWizards's Avatar


FourWarWizards
09.25.2013 , 03:08 AM | #27
Removed BR. Downloading the entire thing again (Which is what it was doing anyway). Should be faster this way IMO.

I don't understand why EA make the customers find bandage fixes for their problems. I dare say, some of the community here would be better programmers and patchers than the EA / Biofail staff. Perhaps enlisting some skilled individuals to do the patching for them, instead of entrusting their staff to do their job?

They are making a habit of this. Its unfortunate for the paying subscribers. Hopfully the drop in subs will force their hand to do something.

Gunturret's Avatar


Gunturret
09.25.2013 , 04:11 AM | #28
I started the launcer yesterday. The download finished in 5 hours and the install already takes 5 hours and its only on 60%. It is not the first time i have this problem. Last time it took almost 4 hours to install now it is much longer.

porpisehork's Avatar


porpisehork
09.25.2013 , 10:32 AM | #29
Total time to complete this update, patch, reorganization of data or what ever they want to call it was 7 1/2 hours.




As a subscriber this is highly irritating and feel it would be in Bioware's best interest to compensate the entire player base (not just subscribers) with something. Be it game time for subscribers to cartel coins or something to make up for this inconvenience.

CrispyWalrus's Avatar


CrispyWalrus
09.25.2013 , 10:44 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by porpisehork View Post
Total time to complete this update, patch, reorganization of data or what ever they want to call it was 7 1/2 hours.

As a subscriber this is highly irritating and feel it would be in Bioware's best interest to compensate the entire player base (not just subscribers) with something. Be it game time for subscribers to cartel coins or something to make up for this inconvenience.
Seven and a half hours for a minor patch is irritating for sure. I would love to simply be irritated. I wonder how I should describe it when I am now at over twenty and a half hours redownloading and only at 68% still?

I am a subscriber too and as paying customers we deserve better. I know I'll likely never get compensated for lost game time-- I just want to get in game. Though for any ftp to ask for compensation for something they get for free is a bit ludicrous. You get what you pay for.