Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Incredibly slow download and install speed.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Incredibly slow download and install speed.

nickelchaser
09.24.2013 , 09:51 PM | #11
Hi

Suscriber too same problem

FIX IT!

regards

porpisehork
09.24.2013 , 10:40 PM | #12
This is absolutely ridiculous.

I have been sitting here for over 2 1/2 hours watching this pile of crap reorganize and install in more time than it would take me to configure a Hyper-V server, install 08 R2, add various roles to handle AD, DNS, DHCP Exchange then have it ready to accept users.

Shadowspawnd
09.25.2013 , 01:11 AM | #13
For the past 3 days to even get into the game I have had to delete the BitRaider folder, allow the launcher to patch and then get the game to open. @ hours into the latest patch install (not download, that took 15 minutes) I am at 42%. I was able to download and install TERA in full in about 4 hours last light, at roughly the same time while I was playing SWTOR, once I go in.

mttrav
09.25.2013 , 01:15 AM | #14
Canceled my sub, why pay for a game you can't play?

Critstix
09.25.2013 , 01:48 AM | #15
Over 7 hours and the game is still only at 63%. I would say a response from customer service that isnt a copy and paste answer would be in order about now. I love the game and have only just started playing it but if I am going to have to wait a whole day for it to patch every time you change something then there are places that my sub and cartel money can be better spent.

This at a time that you should be clambering to keep subs rather than lose them to something as stupid as your choice of patching downloader.

Soulles_Void
09.25.2013 , 01:52 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Critstix View Post
Over 7 hours and the game is still only at 63%. I would say a response from customer service that isnt a copy and paste answer would be in order about now. I love the game and have only just started playing it but if I am going to have to wait a whole day for it to patch every time you change something then there are places that my sub and cartel money can be better spent.

This a a time that you should be clambering to keep subs rather than lose them to something as stupid as your choice of patching downloader.
8 Hours+ and I was still stuck at about 53%
Yes, I realise I'm missing an "s" in my name. Drinking and account creation don't go too well together.

Critstix
09.25.2013 , 02:04 AM | #17
The other annoying part of this equation is that the streaming download is supposed to allow you to play before the download is complete. The play button isnt clickable at all. Also if it is true that this downloader downloads the full game everytime there is a patch I will definately be unsubbing and uninstalling. Wasting a subscribers time and monthly ISP quota because of a failure on your part will only lead to even less subs to support your game.

I tried deleting the folder in question only to find it magically reappear when i opened the downloader again and it resumed at 65%

I suppose the only good thing about that is at least it didnt start at 0 again. At this rate i might be able to play by tomorrow if i can be bothered with it anymore.

AmityAmy
09.25.2013 , 02:09 AM | #18
It's a great game when I can actually play it but, like the original poster, I only recently subscribed and have missed several days of playing due to interminable patching.
This is far the worst... 10 hours and install is at 50%
Maybe it will be finished by tonight, if not I will spend the evening looking at other games instead

Dnoid
09.25.2013 , 02:11 AM | #19
Decided id give swtor another try so i downloaded it around 4 days ago, took 2 days to download/install. Got to play for
around 24hours and then a patch i didnt know was coming was sprung on me, now i have to reinstall the whole game again because of your pathetic patching system

Unsubbing and uninstalling before i even got to level 25, not good enough EA/Biofail not good enough at all

Soulles_Void
09.25.2013 , 02:12 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Critstix View Post
The other annoying part of this equation is that the streaming download is supposed to allow you to play before the download is complete. The play button isnt clickable at all. Also if it is true that this downloader downloads the full game everytime there is a patch I will definately be unsubbing and uninstalling. Wasting a subscribers time and monthly ISP quota because of a failure on your part will only lead to even less subs to support your game.

I tried deleting the folder in question only to find it magically reappear when i opened the downloader again and it resumed at 65%

I suppose the only good thing about that is at least it didnt start at 0 again. At this rate i might be able to play by tomorrow if i can be bothered with it anymore.
I'm thinking of trying the reset to the SSN (changing the settings file), and yes, it appears to make me download the entire thing again...but yknow what? At least I could get a proper progress bar, with an actual filesize-remaining listed.
Yes, I realise I'm missing an "s" in my name. Drinking and account creation don't go too well together.