Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Buffs rework

dbears
09.19.2013 , 06:28 PM | #1
As it stands now, group composition doesn't need to take into account the different class buffs because 99% of everyone has all of them. In order to have some of the "less desirable" classes included, I think they should get rid of the "super buff" and give each advanced class their own separate, unshared buff.

I was thinking something like:

Juggernaut - 5% bonus damage/healing
Marauder - 5% accuracy increase
Assassin - 10% internal damage reduction
Sorcerer - 5% strength, cunning, aim, willpower
Mercenary 5% alacrity increase
Powertech - 5% endurance increase
Operative 5% critical chance increase
Sniper - 5% surge increase

It'd be understandable if they had to reduce the effectiveness of some of the stats, but I think it'd create a little more diversity in groups that aren't willing to take certain classes.

Xeraz
09.19.2013 , 08:23 PM | #2
We need less buffs, not more. Too much filler
"Who I am is not important, my message is."

Pearasite
09.20.2013 , 06:40 AM | #3
Nonsensical rubbish.

It doesn't appear you've fleshed out this idea very well. Your argument is to make things more difficult....

Quote:
because 99% of everyone has all of them.

dbears
09.20.2013 , 07:14 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Xeraz View Post
We need less buffs, not more. Too much filler
Less buff? There's 4..

dbears
09.20.2013 , 07:17 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Pearasite View Post
Nonsensical rubbish.

It doesn't appear you've fleshed out this idea very well. Your argument is to make things more difficult....
The game does need to be more difficult, but that's not my premise. This is meant to create more diverse Operation/Warzone/Arena groups. Instead of people taking nothing but Marauder and Snipers in their groups, they may be inclined to mix it up and take other classes due to the buff they'd be able to provide.

Pearasite
09.20.2013 , 12:14 PM | #6
Building a raid team based around who gives what buff is a bad idea.

People are not going to choose a 'main' based off of which buff they bring to the operation.

This idea also moves away from the whole "bring the player, not the class" philosophy, which is better than the alternative.

dbears
09.21.2013 , 01:03 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Pearasite View Post
Building a raid team based around who gives what buff is a bad idea.

People are not going to choose a 'main' based off of which buff they bring to the operation.

This idea also moves away from the whole "bring the player, not the class" philosophy, which is better than the alternative.
It move TOWARDS the "bring the player, not the class" philosophy. People already prefer Marauders or Snipers because of their high damage output. So they're "bringing the class". With this new system, although Assassin DPS or Operative DPS is less, they would bring them for the buff if they were a decent player instead of taking a Sniper or Marauder that was bad.

g_land
09.30.2013 , 07:33 PM | #8
Lol giving sentinels/marauders 5% accuracy, thats just too funny.
Goldeneyes - Guardian Tank
Owyn - Sage DPS
Guildmaster - Exiles of the Jedi
Guild Moto: Dirian, "A dirty kill is better than a clean wipe"

dbears
10.01.2013 , 01:43 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by g_land View Post
Lol giving sentinels/marauders 5% accuracy, thats just too funny.
no.. no one reads. they'd have to reduce the effectiveness of the stats you get on gear to balance out and come out with the same numbers.

for instance with the accuracy: if you have 100% accuracy now, you'd only have 95% accuracy after they implement this so you would need a marauder in your group to give you that extra 5% to be at 100%. these aren't buffs that get added on to the existing ones.

DarthSylar
10.01.2013 , 11:24 PM | #10
or.......and this is thinking outside the box......maybe too outside, but instead of adding buffs which will have to be balanced, why not just......balance the classes. No, sorry, this idea is to far out there, should've kept it to myself.