Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

One Time Passcode and Error 9000

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Elhanan
09.19.2013 , 02:47 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronholz View Post
Was it the error code 9000 as before?

Are you playing in fullscreen mode?

Additionally are you plugged directly into your router or using wireless?

Thanks.
Yes; believe so, though Sherlock I am not.

Am using Full Screen currently; sometimes have used Windowed mode to read tips on the side.

I do not use wireless; have no Router of which I am aware.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -
Edmund Burke

Grief Free Play 12-20-11

Bronholz
09.19.2013 , 04:32 PM | #12 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Has the game disconnected your while in Windowed mode?

Are you using the streaming launcher? You can check this by looking for 'ST' written at the bottom left corner.

Thanks.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Elhanan
09.19.2013 , 04:41 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronholz View Post
Has the game disconnected your while in Windowed mode?

Are you using the streaming launcher? You can check this by looking for 'ST' written at the bottom left corner.

Thanks.
Do not know, but only have used it for short breaks for info; not really while in combat, Missions, etc.

I do not believe so; has a gear icon which has options for Language, Public Test Server, and Repair..

Sorry for the ignorance of my Tech know-how, and thanks for the ear even if it isn't working.

FYI - Just had longest session in a while; was able to complete half or a little more of the Space Missions before the lost connection.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -
Edmund Burke

Grief Free Play 12-20-11

Elhanan
09.19.2013 , 06:29 PM | #14
Noticed this time that when Error 4001 follows Error 9000, this appears to be when it CTD's. Also, the sound reverberates before disconnecting, if that is of help.
Edmund Burke

Grief Free Play 12-20-11

Elhanan
09.20.2013 , 06:18 AM | #15
Update: Passcodes have been receiving promptly since last night, but am still receiving Error 9000 and some Error 4001 messages and CTD fairly often. While I can fly some Space Missions, I am not able to run much of anything else at this time.
Edmund Burke

Grief Free Play 12-20-11

Elhanan
09.20.2013 , 11:17 AM | #16
Another update: The Error 4001 CTD's are occurring more frequently, and overall things are not improving, but getting worse. While I can fly some Space Missions, much of anything else is highly problematic. And the high frequency of having to input One Time Passcodes because of everything is rather annoying,

Have filled out another Ticket in game; hoping someone will be able to help me resolve these issues soon. Thank you!
Edmund Burke

Grief Free Play 12-20-11

Bronholz
09.20.2013 , 01:32 PM | #17 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Please try running a Pathping & Traceroute to the game servers. You can find the steps here.

This happens mainly during Space Missions, or I'm surmising this from your posts, does it also happen in 'open play' for instance during missions or instances?

Id also recommend playing in Windowed mode for awhile, to see if you still disconnect in this mode.

Thanks.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Elhanan
09.20.2013 , 03:20 PM | #18
Thanks; will try and give Window mode a shot.

Yes; has happened on other occasions besides Space Combat, but at 10-30 min between disconnects, this presents a lot of problems depending on locations. In one such instance, I reappeared by newly spawning foes, but for some reason they waited to allow me first shot. If that is due to Bioware coding, I am all for it! If it happens in a green Story Zone, this may mean I get to re-do everything from the start; uncertain.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Does this appear valid?
Edmund Burke

Grief Free Play 12-20-11

Elhanan
09.20.2013 , 04:26 PM | #19
Yes; Error 9000 still occurred in Windowed Mode.
Edmund Burke

Grief Free Play 12-20-11

Elhanan
09.21.2013 , 06:47 AM | #20
Error 9000 and Error 4001 CTD are still occurring, though it may not be as frequent. Pls advise.
Edmund Burke

Grief Free Play 12-20-11