Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question about affection level

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Question about affection level

Fidelicatessen
09.18.2013 , 04:43 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by NOTACTICS View Post
Presence is seperate and effects a companions effectivness in a fight but does not effect crew skills. I think it must improve a companions ability activation times or something along those lines so they act quicker and go through their rotations quicker.
If you hold your cursor over your Presence stat, the tooltip will tell you what it does: raise companion's health and damage/healing output. It has nothing to do with alacrity, which is what you're describing.

NOTACTICS
09.18.2013 , 04:58 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Fidelicatessen View Post
If you hold your cursor over your Presence stat, the tooltip will tell you what it does: raise companion's health and damage/healing output. It has nothing to do with alacrity, which is what you're describing.
Thanks for clearing that up, to be honest I was not sure what the effects of presence were and was just guessing.

Buddahcjcc
09.19.2013 , 01:23 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by NOTACTICS View Post
Thanks for clearing that up, to be honest I was not sure what the effects of presence were and was just guessing.
Ya there seems to be a fair-ish amount of that and observational data on this since there doesnt seem to be any in game way of showing what it does

whats the cheapest way to get to 6k?

Nmyownworld
09.19.2013 , 04:18 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Buddahcjcc View Post
I think companion affection can be gained either quickly, or cheaply, but not both.

The quickest way to gain companion affection is to give them companion gifts. Gifts are acquired running crew skill missions with companion gifts as the reward. This costs credits (and, it helps you in leveling up in the particular crew skill), and the type of companion gift garnered is random. Meaning, you may not get a gift that a particular companion likes. Green level 1 and 2 companion gifts can be purchased for credits from a companion gift vendor. Companion gift fragments (acquired through crew skill missions) can be traded with a Curator vendor for companion gifts. Companion gifts can be purchased on the GTN.

The cheapest way to garner companion affection is to have the companion with you during mission conversations. Companions give, or deduct, affection based on your responses to conversations. Not fast, but it doesn't cost any additional credits.

Fidelicatessen
09.19.2013 , 05:07 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Buddahcjcc View Post
Ya there seems to be a fair-ish amount of that and observational data on this since there doesnt seem to be any in game way of showing what it does

Yeah, except that there IS an in-game way of showing what it does. It's the same way you show what any OTHER stat does. I do not understand the confusion.

EDIT: The quickest and cheapest way to get to 6k is to buy tier 1 gifts from the Companion Gift Vendor on the fleet until 4k, then buy tier 2 gifts from 4k-6k. Will run you grand total ~30-35k, iirc.

EDIT #2: It's important to only purchase the type of gift that the given companion LOVES (e.g. Weapons for Corso). Some companions have no type of gift that they love, so it will cost more for those.

Buddahcjcc
09.19.2013 , 09:23 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Fidelicatessen View Post
Yeah, except that there IS an in-game way of showing what it does. It's the same way you show what any OTHER stat does. I do not understand the confusion.

EDIT: The quickest and cheapest way to get to 6k is to buy tier 1 gifts from the Companion Gift Vendor on the fleet until 4k, then buy tier 2 gifts from 4k-6k. Will run you grand total ~30-35k, iirc.

EDIT #2: It's important to only purchase the type of gift that the given companion LOVES (e.g. Weapons for Corso). Some companions have no type of gift that they love, so it will cost more for those.
Theres a way to mouse over affection and see the bonuses you get to crafting?
Because thats how I see the bonuses the other stats give me.