Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Nyriss vs Darth Traya

LadyKulvax
09.17.2013 , 10:19 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
KotoR CG? as in Card game isn't that still a game mechanic kind of thing.
No the Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide it was written as half sourcebook half rulebook for the KOTOR timeline, it's almost split into a two-in-one book, it is just as C-canon as anything else is.
I am the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order. I've struck you down once already. Today, I'm finishing the job.
Jedi Order

Wolfninjajedi
09.17.2013 , 10:27 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
No the Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide it was written as half sourcebook half rulebook for the KOTOR timeline, it's almost split into a two-in-one book, it is just as C-canon as anything else is.
Are the powers listed as stats?
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

tunewalker
09.17.2013 , 10:36 PM | #23
oh ok

LadyKulvax
09.17.2013 , 10:49 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Are the powers listed as stats?
Nah, the actual bonified characters have their own entire sections, it's not incorporated in that way, they dont involve building character sheets with that kind of stuff, like I said it's more like two books in one.
I am the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order. I've struck you down once already. Today, I'm finishing the job.
Jedi Order

Wolfninjajedi
09.17.2013 , 10:57 PM | #25
Nah, the actual bonified characters have their own entire sections, it's not incorporated in that way, they dont involve building character sheets with that kind of stuff, like I said it's more like two books in one.
I realize that, but how does it list their powers? Bios and the like for the characters are canon, but stats and so forth wouldn't be.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Knigh...Campaign_Guide

Is what you refer to yes?

LadyKulvax
09.17.2013 , 11:02 PM | #26
I realize that, but how does it list their powers? Bios and the like for the characters are canon, but stats and so forth wouldn't be.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Knigh...Campaign_Guide

Is what you refer to yes?
Yes that is what I refer to.

What I mean was, the real canon characters don't appear in the stats section at all nor do they have stats, they have their own biographies in an entirely different section of the book.
Jedi Order

Wolfninjajedi
09.17.2013 , 11:06 PM | #27

What I mean was, the real canon characters don't appear in the stats section at all nor do they have stats, they have their own biographies in an entirely different section of the book.
So then their powers are listed within their bios? Apologies, I just find it rather irking that characters are stated to have powers from games when they never used them outside of in-game and no cutscene. So the gripe I am having with this is Traya knowing Force Lighting, when she never displayed such outside of in-game mechanics.

LadyKulvax
09.17.2013 , 11:10 PM | #28
So then their powers are listed within their bios? Apologies, I just find it rather irking that characters are stated to have powers from games when they never used them outside of in-game and no cutscene. So the gripe I am having with this is Traya knowing Force Lighting, when she never displayed such outside of in-game mechanics.
She may full well have known Force Lightning, so did Exar Kun, but he didn't use it one single time, he always favoured Force Blast, Traya probably had her own pet favourite combat techniques and decided to forego Force Lightning, especially considering the possible dangers when such an ability is successfully defended against and even redirected at times.
Jedi Order

Wolfninjajedi
09.17.2013 , 11:35 PM | #29
She may full well have known Force Lightning, so did Exar Kun, but he didn't use it one single time, he always favoured Force Blast, Traya probably had her own pet favourite combat techniques and decided to forego Force Lightning, especially considering the possible dangers when such an ability is successfully defended against and even redirected at times.
But see this is where speculation comes in...though where does it say Kun knows it? But alright fine....though I still prefer actual evidence rather then it just be listed.

MyDarkSunshine
09.18.2013 , 04:32 AM | #30

Darth Traya and the other real canon characters most certainly do have stats, her own are found on page 158- although unfortunately I see little reference to her powers in the bio on the same page, merely a brief recounting of her history up to her demise at the hands of the exile. Are you looking elsewhere? It has been a long time since I've read these books (until today), and I may be missing something; although pretty sure the listed page is the only page dedicated to Darth Traya, it could be that info on her is scattered throughout the other sections.

Fun system Saga, unfortunately scarcely played and the one good PbP site I knew died.
"Who I am is not important- my message is." Revan