Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Freedon Nadd vs Darth Baras


Kaedusz's Avatar


Kaedusz
09.18.2013 , 12:47 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Baras wins. I mean yeah Nadd was a supposedly good sith sorcerer and killed Naga Sadow...though Sadow was pretty crappy too. He did kill countless Jedi...but we don't know who they were, or what they were capable of or anything of the sort.

Also yes he did on Onderon, he was also unable to stop the Beast Riders so what does that tell you?
After the things you wrote on this thread,Naga Sadow being crappy,Baras being weak,Nadd being weak ,you need to check your head or you are basically a star wars lore noob.
Also basically all Jedi are pretty much the same,with few exceptions,so saying he killed countless Jedi is pretty much huge.

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
09.18.2013 , 09:03 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaedusz View Post
After the things you wrote on this thread,Naga Sadow being crappy,Baras being weak,Nadd being weak ,you need to check your head or you are basically a star wars lore noob.
Also basically all Jedi are pretty much the same,with few exceptions,so saying he killed countless Jedi is pretty much huge.
When did I call Baras weak? In comparison with others? Yes he is, in this fight now? Not really. Though not sure what you are talking about, Nadd isn't all that impressive nor was Sadow. Sadow's biggest thing was his illusions and he needed his meditation sphere to do that.

Don't mind that you have a different view, but others do agree that Baras can win this.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Freedannad's Avatar


Freedannad
09.18.2013 , 09:38 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Baras wins. I mean yeah Nadd was a supposedly good sith sorcerer and killed Naga Sadow...though Sadow was pretty crappy too. He did kill countless Jedi...but we don't know who they were, or what they were capable of or anything of the sort.

Also yes he did on Onderon, he was also unable to stop the Beast Riders so what does that tell you?
Naga Sadow, was pretty crappy? He blew up 2 suns, I think that more than qualifies him as powerful.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
09.18.2013 , 09:39 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Freedannad View Post
Naga Sadow, was pretty crappy? He blew up 2 suns, I think that more than qualifies him as powerful.
You wanna think that over a bit?
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
09.18.2013 , 10:13 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Freedannad View Post
Naga Sadow, was pretty crappy? He blew up 2 suns, I think that more than qualifies him as powerful.
He blew up 2 stars with the aid of the ship Corsair which contained Force enhancing Sith magic crystals. It wasn't just himself.

But anyway moving on with this, were not discussing Naga here. Nadd vs Baras...Baras is the more likely one to win this.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

XSUPREMESKILLZX's Avatar


XSUPREMESKILLZX
09.18.2013 , 05:37 PM | #16
This is my analysis on the battle, based on the limited knowledge we bear of these 2 characters:

Both are on-par in lightsaber combat, as Baras I believe has stalemated satele shan, and defeated Darth Angral (correct me if i'm wrong), and Freedon Nadd has fought on-par with his master, Matta Tremayne, whilst he was a jedi knight, and has killed many jedi with his bronze blade. Tremayne was considered a master lightsaber duelist. In terms of the force, Freedon Nadd was an accomplished sith sorcerer, and his sorcery was taught to darth zannah through his holocron, the sorcery zannah used in the form of covering herself and others in a false light side aura, driving people insane by showing them their greatest fears, or even simply masking her presence in the Force were all within the scope of her abilities. This would suggest Nadd also had mastery over these abilities as well. The only force ability I can think of that baras has ever used is force lightning, which was easily blocked by the wrath. Nadd most likely gets the edge here. As for an overall fight, they would fight on par in lightsaber combat, but nadd's sorcery, specifically his dark healing and insanity abilities, would prove too much for baras to handle. this isn't even factoring in nadd's sith magic-enhanced blaster. I declare Freedon Nadd the winner.

Stinghen's Avatar


Stinghen
09.20.2013 , 02:32 PM | #17
People are overanalysing the facts. What are the facts about Darth Baras? He was effing clever, one smart Sith Lord. But when power came to bear, where was he? What were his greatest achievements to be reached without manipulations, turning his enemies against each other or working through proxies? Darth Thanaton had more personal achievements than Darth Baras, and Thanaton is quite the underachiever.

Someone might then say: Darth Sidious also worked like that. And I agree. But when Sidious' personal power was put to the test, he wasn't found wanting, and single-handedly slew four Jedi masters and nearly killed the fourth, who happened to be one of the finest lightsabre duelists of all time. And Sidious has nothing to do with the discussion :P When Darth Baras was put to the test, however, he was indeed found wanting. After his proxies failed in fighting off his former apprentices, and he saw the Dark Council was content as hell as letting Baras fend for himself and his fašade, we all know the result.

Now, what are the facts about Freedon Nadd? What do we know for certain about him? We know he was at one time the King of Onderon. That he was apprenticed to Naga Sadow, and that he killed his former master and, since a Dark Lord of the Sith could not exist without a kingdom, he carved his own. We know he was a crack Sorcerer, able to spread around his teachings across the generations since his death, turning each and every member of his bloodline (and the attachments too) to the Dark Side. None of them were half the sorcerer he was, or else he would be walking the galaxy again, but they were pretty formidable in their own right. Take the underestimated Amanoa, that made for a really average Sorceress, that still managed to confound three Jedi Knights in the battle. She was no match for Master Arca, but she was pretty awesome all the same. And King Ommin could top her on that - he surprised and overwhelmed Arca Jeth, and was only conquered because his body couldn't take the power he channeled with the Dark Side.

All these feats stemmed from Nadd's teachings, and some power he lent to his servants. That's a testament to quite a bit of power (given that he says in his current bodiless state he is next to powerless to do living beings any harm, unless if present with a great Dark Side nexus as Korriban).

Freedon Nadd was certainly not up to par with other great Sith Lords, such as Exar Kun, Vitiate and the Sith Lords of Bane's Order, but he topped Sadow. Sadow, destructor of two suns, who could single-handedly conjure illusion armies on the Force knows how many different worlds. Sadow was an aged man, but he was still an awesome Sorcerer who could certainly defend himself from greedy apprentices. The fact Nadd didn't wage war on the Republic puts a yoke on his personal power, true, but still I think he was greater than Baras.

And there is one more detail. Darth Baras was one Sith Lord in the midst of many. I would put him perhaps on the same level with other Dark Council members, when it came to personal power. But Freedon Nadd was truly elevated to the status of legend. I do not mean that in the usual sense, to call him legendary is to say his power had a deep effect in society at the time, which meritted a recounting of his story in different circles six hundred years after his death and his kingdom's leaving general knowledge. I don't think Baras' little uprising had such an impact as to merit a similar treatment of 'his legend'.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
09.21.2013 , 06:37 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Stinghen View Post
People are overanalysing the facts. What are the facts about Darth Baras? He was effing clever, one smart Sith Lord. But when power came to bear, where was he? What were his greatest achievements to be reached without manipulations, turning his enemies against each other or working through proxies? Darth Thanaton had more personal achievements than Darth Baras, and Thanaton is quite the underachiever.

Someone might then say: Darth Sidious also worked like that. And I agree. But when Sidious' personal power was put to the test, he wasn't found wanting, and single-handedly slew four Jedi masters and nearly killed the fourth, who happened to be one of the finest lightsabre duelists of all time. And Sidious has nothing to do with the discussion :P When Darth Baras was put to the test, however, he was indeed found wanting. After his proxies failed in fighting off his former apprentices, and he saw the Dark Council was content as hell as letting Baras fend for himself and his fašade, we all know the result.

Now, what are the facts about Freedon Nadd? What do we know for certain about him? We know he was at one time the King of Onderon. That he was apprenticed to Naga Sadow, and that he killed his former master and, since a Dark Lord of the Sith could not exist without a kingdom, he carved his own. We know he was a crack Sorcerer, able to spread around his teachings across the generations since his death, turning each and every member of his bloodline (and the attachments too) to the Dark Side. None of them were half the sorcerer he was, or else he would be walking the galaxy again, but they were pretty formidable in their own right. Take the underestimated Amanoa, that made for a really average Sorceress, that still managed to confound three Jedi Knights in the battle. She was no match for Master Arca, but she was pretty awesome all the same. And King Ommin could top her on that - he surprised and overwhelmed Arca Jeth, and was only conquered because his body couldn't take the power he channeled with the Dark Side.

All these feats stemmed from Nadd's teachings, and some power he lent to his servants. That's a testament to quite a bit of power (given that he says in his current bodiless state he is next to powerless to do living beings any harm, unless if present with a great Dark Side nexus as Korriban).

Freedon Nadd was certainly not up to par with other great Sith Lords, such as Exar Kun, Vitiate and the Sith Lords of Bane's Order, but he topped Sadow. Sadow, destructor of two suns, who could single-handedly conjure illusion armies on the Force knows how many different worlds. Sadow was an aged man, but he was still an awesome Sorcerer who could certainly defend himself from greedy apprentices. The fact Nadd didn't wage war on the Republic puts a yoke on his personal power, true, but still I think he was greater than Baras.

And there is one more detail. Darth Baras was one Sith Lord in the midst of many. I would put him perhaps on the same level with other Dark Council members, when it came to personal power. But Freedon Nadd was truly elevated to the status of legend. I do not mean that in the usual sense, to call him legendary is to say his power had a deep effect in society at the time, which meritted a recounting of his story in different circles six hundred years after his death and his kingdom's leaving general knowledge. I don't think Baras' little uprising had such an impact as to merit a similar treatment of 'his legend'.
This.

Kaedusz's Avatar


Kaedusz
09.21.2013 , 09:43 AM | #19
In short :

Part of the Sith credo is that a victory is worth nothing,unless it proves your superiority.The power grabs Baras did were more thanks to his manipulations and maneuvering,not because he was proven stronger than his predesesors.Baras is above average.

Freedon Nadd's power was such that Onderon and his tomb later on Dxun was infested with the Dark Side,strongly at that and he learned sorcery from Naga Sadow himself.And he had a an active and influential Force Apparition.t's self evident that Nadd is stronger.