Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The REAL Most Powerful Jedi Lightsaber Duelists

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The REAL Most Powerful Jedi Lightsaber Duelists

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
09.10.2013 , 01:24 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
No wonder Caedus seems like a broken character lol.
For sure.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"You felt it; the power of hate. The power of the Dark Side. Your eyes are opened. You see now. The power burns more brightly, stronger on the Dark Side. Despite what the Council had taught you, you now know the truth."- Count Dooku

Canino's Avatar


Canino
09.10.2013 , 01:24 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I think Ti will get a place somewhere. I'm thinking 8 or 9. With Plo Koon right below her.
I agree with you. Plo Koon and Ti are very close.
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
09.10.2013 , 01:25 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
I'm still skeptical on the whole thing with Caedus. He can match Luke in speed and hold his own in dueling, but has trouble with some others? Was there any other circumstances as to why, or did the story just flucuate Caedus' power all over the place in the story?
I'll try and track down the duel (I managed to find it before) but Wookieepedia is notorious for its scant information on the NJO...

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
09.10.2013 , 01:26 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I'll try and track down the duel (I managed to find it before) but Wookieepedia is notorious for its scant information on everything...
Fixed that for you.

Gee, ain't I a stinker?
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"You felt it; the power of hate. The power of the Dark Side. Your eyes are opened. You see now. The power burns more brightly, stronger on the Dark Side. Despite what the Council had taught you, you now know the truth."- Count Dooku

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
09.10.2013 , 01:26 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I'll try and track down the duel (I managed to find it before) but Wookieepedia is notorious for its scant information on the NJO...
I think we got the problem....multiple writers. Not really a good thing for a single story, cause your gonna have

1. Characters acting different or completely OOC

Or

2. The power of character/characters are all over the place.

Unless of course the writers know what they are writing about.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

StarSquirrel's Avatar


StarSquirrel
09.10.2013 , 01:28 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
A question though, has Saba done anything in regards to proving those statements true or are they just hollow statements? Not saying statements don't count for something, but it's better to have it be backed up.

Though then also it brings up another question, just how many good lightsaber duelists are there in the NJO?
Thing is there weren't that many sith or other saber opponents to kill (she did kill acting Grand Master Kenth Hamner in rather short order) so we don't have a perfect scale in terms of any of the NJO Jedi. What we have is the respect and fear of some of the greatest jedi/sith to exist. I'd also assume they've all sparred her at some point in order to be able to make such statements.

I should also add Leia, Jaina, and Mara to the list of those who respected Saba's saber proficiency. I'd also like to point out that Barabels are innately powerful physically while still being extremely quick. Her species gives her an very basic advantage against human duelists to start.

As for solid evidence, there is a lot on her during the Vong wars through FotJ, She killed Kenth Hamner easily even despite being reluctant, and he was the acting Grand Master of Luke's NJO. I believe she killed a sith during the Dark Nest crisis as well iirc. Aside from that she killed countless Vong, but I'll have to go back and do some more digging to find other events.
"You appear to have decided I'm an idiot."
―Darth Caedus, to Admiral Ratobo

Shadowlands
Imp- Cuy'val'dar, Snickėrs, Nova'squirrel, Jurkadir (55's) +5 more,
Rep- Koyacyi (55) +3 more

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
09.10.2013 , 01:29 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by StarSquirrel View Post
Thing is there weren't that many sith or other saber opponents to kill (she did kill acting Grand Master Kenth Hamner in rather short order) so we don't have a perfect scale in terms of any of the NJO Jedi. What we have is the respect and fear of some of the greatest jedi/sith to exist. I'd also assume they've all sparred her at some point in order to be able to make such statements.

I should also add Leia, Jaina, and Mara to the list of those who respected Saba's saber proficiency. I'd also like to point out that Barabels are innately powerful physically while still being extremely quick. Her species gives her an very basic advantage against human duelists to start.

As for solid evidence, there is a lot on her during the Vong wars through FotJ, She killed Kenth Hamner easily even despite being reluctant, and he was the acting Grand Master of Luke's NJO. I believe she killed a sith during the Dark Nest crisis as well iirc. Aside from that she killed countless Vong, but I'll have to go back and do some more digging to find other events.
Kenth was appointed Grand Master by Daala.

Edit: Or maybe not. Let me pull out Outcast to be sure.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"You felt it; the power of hate. The power of the Dark Side. Your eyes are opened. You see now. The power burns more brightly, stronger on the Dark Side. Despite what the Council had taught you, you now know the truth."- Count Dooku

StarSquirrel's Avatar


StarSquirrel
09.10.2013 , 01:35 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Kenth was appointed Grand Master by Daala.
I know, hence why I don't parade it as my best or only evidence and also make note that it was rather easy for her.

EDIT: he was or at least was to appear Dalaa
"You appear to have decided I'm an idiot."
―Darth Caedus, to Admiral Ratobo

Shadowlands
Imp- Cuy'val'dar, Snickėrs, Nova'squirrel, Jurkadir (55's) +5 more,
Rep- Koyacyi (55) +3 more

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
09.10.2013 , 01:36 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
I think we got the problem....multiple writers. Not really a good thing for a single story, cause your gonna have

1. Characters acting different or completely OOC

Or

2. The power of character/characters are all over the place.

Unless of course the writers know what they are writing about.
Actually its not a problem, because they never engaged in a lightsaber duel. You can read the full engagement here.

But to give a brief overview. Mara Jade lured Jacen into a tunnel and collapsed a pile of rubble on him, he managed to escape but can't properly in a confined space where Mara has boxed him in. All the while Mara attacks him with a vibroblade and a shoto effectively tackling him to the ground and stabbing him all over while Jacen flails with a lightsaber. The entirety of the duel is effectively a melee brawl rather than a lightsaber fight, Jacen loses a lot of blood and is almost killed but at the last moment manages to distract her and stab her with a poison dart.

Not once in the duel was Jacen able to engage Mara in lightsaber combat, of any kind.

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
09.10.2013 , 01:39 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Actually its not a problem, because they never engaged in a lightsaber duel. You can read the full engagement here.

But to give a brief overview. Mara Jade lured Jacen into a tunnel and collapsed a pile of rubble on him, he managed to escape but can't properly in a confined space where Mara has boxed him in. All the while Mara attacks him with a vibroblade and a shoto effectively tackling him to the ground and stabbing him all over while Jacen flails with a lightsaber. The entirety of the duel is effectively a melee brawl rather than a lightsaber fight, Jacen loses a lot of blood and is almost killed but at the last moment manages to distract her and stab her with a poison dart.

Not once in the duel was Jacen able to engage Mara in lightsaber combat, of any kind.
Ok see now that I feel much better about.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.