Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The REAL Most Powerful Jedi Lightsaber Duelists

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The REAL Most Powerful Jedi Lightsaber Duelists

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
09.10.2013 , 01:12 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Though then also it brings up another question, just how many good lightsaber duelists are there in the NJO?
Outside of Jaina, Jacen, and Luke, I think Mara is the best duelist in the NJO. Just judging from what I remember from the Caedus duel.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
09.10.2013 , 01:15 PM | #12
I think we should consider Qui-Gon Jinn and Sora Bulq first and foremost. Jinn in his prime was a master of Ataru and one of few able to fight Mace Windu himself as an equal. And Sora Bulq was a master of all seven forms and a key proponent in the perfection of Form VII through the creation of Vaapad.

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
09.10.2013 , 01:16 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Outside of Jaina, Jacen, and Luke, I think Mara is the best duelist in the NJO. Just judging from what I remember from the Caedus duel.
I'm still skeptical on the whole thing with Caedus. He can match Luke in speed and hold his own in dueling, but has trouble with some others? Was there any other circumstances as to why, or did the story just flucuate Caedus' power all over the place in the story?
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
09.10.2013 , 01:17 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I think we should consider Qui-Gon Jinn and Sora Bulq first and foremost. Jinn in his prime was a master of Ataru and one of few able to fight Mace Windu himself as an equal. And Sora Bulq was a master of all seven forms and a key proponent in the perfection of Form VII through the creation of Vaapad.
I would agree with Jensaarai and say that Bulq is the superior duelist. If only slightly.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Canino's Avatar


Canino
09.10.2013 , 01:18 PM | #15
I definitely nominate Ti, although for a specific spot I can't say yet. She was capable of fighting multiple opponents (a weakness of ataru she overcame), staggering back Marek (Makashi and Ataru weakness), using a combination of pinpoint precision and vicious attack, and showed elegance in her moves that indicate high mastery.

I love that new video about her.....
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
09.10.2013 , 01:18 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
I'm still skeptical on the whole thing with Caedus. He can match Luke in speed and hold his own in dueling, but has trouble with some others? Was there any other circumstances as to why, or did the story just flucuate Caedus' power all over the place in the story?
I have no idea. But that's what happens when multiple authors work on a single arc of books.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
09.10.2013 , 01:19 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I have no idea. But that's what happens when multiple authors work on a single arc of books.
Ok that is gonna be a problem then, powers are gonna flucuate given what the writer feels.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
09.10.2013 , 01:21 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Canino View Post
I definitely nominate Ti, although for a specific spot I can't say yet. She was capable of fighting multiple opponents (a weakness of ataru she overcame), staggering back Marek (Makashi and Ataru weakness), using a combination of pinpoint precision and vicious attack, and showed elegance in her moves that indicate high mastery.

I love that new video about her.....
I think Ti will get a place somewhere. I'm thinking 8 or 9. With Plo Koon right below her.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
09.10.2013 , 01:22 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Ok that is gonna be a problem then, powers are gonna flucuate given what the writer feels.
Agreed.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
09.10.2013 , 01:22 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Agreed.
No wonder Caedus seems like a broken character lol.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.