Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Latency explosion during login

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Latency explosion during login
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

OwenBrooks
09.11.2013 , 07:03 AM | #11
You have deleted the DiskCacheArena file ?

Naugor
09.11.2013 , 07:05 AM | #12 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Elminster_cs,

Are you actually able to play despite the 65k latency being displayed? It would be good to know if it is just a display issue in the game rather than an actual major latency issue that is affecting you while playing.
Naugor | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Elminster_cs
09.11.2013 , 07:08 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
You have deleted the DiskCacheArena file ?
Unfortunately not i will try it tomorrow, because yesterday i was able to play with all 15 characters without any problem, it was all fine, but today after patching it has come out again.

So this problem is not occurring always, but it is aleatory or in some circumstance i can't find. Tomorrow i can't try this, i will try it as soon as i can.

Thanks
Member of Dread Master. The Red Eclipse Italian Guild. "More Juicy Soon™" but all require: "Too much coding" or it cause "too much performance issues" so you will not get it. The new BW release policy.
RIP PvP.

Elminster_cs
09.11.2013 , 07:10 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Naugor View Post
Hi Elminster_cs,

Are you actually able to play despite the 65k latency being displayed? It would be good to know if it is just a display issue in the game rather than an actual major latency issue that is affecting you while playing.
Hey nice to ear you,
of course not, it is all freeze.

Sometimes if a wait 5 minutes it comes all normally, but most of the time i have to alt + f4 the game, because also the log out takes more than 10 minutes.

I also see that sometimes after selecting the character it crash, saying there is not internet connection, i re log into server and my character is in game, because i can't choose any other.

Edit:
If you open the screen you can see the log in immunity, the ability all obscure and the life that is 1. This means that is not loading all.
Member of Dread Master. The Red Eclipse Italian Guild. "More Juicy Soon™" but all require: "Too much coding" or it cause "too much performance issues" so you will not get it. The new BW release policy.
RIP PvP.

OwenBrooks
09.11.2013 , 07:14 AM | #15
has the ping plotter been running when the below occurred ?

I also see that sometimes after selecting the character it crash, saying there is not internet connection, i re log into server and my character is in game, because i can't choose any other

edit- Have you run a repair just in case , your edit above I am not clear myself what you are saying

Elminster_cs
09.11.2013 , 07:22 AM | #16
you could try using a VPN to see if it makes any change at all, www.wtfast.com offer a 30 day trial, worth a trial even to see if it does/doesn't help.
i'm trying it right now, same result.
RIP PvP.

OwenBrooks
09.11.2013 , 07:26 AM | #17
It may not be net related at all, just to confirm US servers are still perfectly fine.

Have you run the repair on the launcher after login (lower left cog) or you may need to follow this post - http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...4&postcount=23

This is just to be certain it isn't a game file issue itself.

Naugor
09.11.2013 , 07:26 AM | #18 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
As you said earlier, your characters on US servers are working fine.

What happens if you try playing another character on the same server? What if another character on another European server?
Naugor | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Elminster_cs
09.11.2013 , 07:26 AM | #19
has the ping plotter been running when the below occurred ?

I also see that sometimes after selecting the character it crash, saying there is not internet connection, i re log into server and my character is in game, because i can't choose any other

edit- Have you run a repair just in case , your edit above I am not clear myself what you are saying
Sure it was open during this problem. I have already run a repair it is all fine.

i try to explain, sometimes during the character (phira for example) log in, during loading, it kick me off from the server, saying there isn't internet connection. I can re log into the server, but i must choose the same character, because if i try to choose (linsha for example) it says that i can't because phira is already in game.
RIP PvP.

Elminster_cs
09.11.2013 , 07:41 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Naugor View Post
As you said earlier, your characters on US servers are working fine.

What happens if you try playing another character on the same server? What if another character on another European server?
All the character in the same server (the red eclipse) are having trouble.
On other EU servers i just have level 1 characters, so is not a good test, because it take far less to load it.
From what i can see on the progenitor i have from 130 to 270

As stated before the problem is pretty aleatory, sometimes i'm able to play as normal, sometimes i get 65k or more latency.
RIP PvP.