Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Q&A from Community Cantina in Seattle (31 Aug 2013)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Q&A from Community Cantina in Seattle (31 Aug 2013)

jasoneth
09.01.2013 , 02:30 PM | #1
My OotiniCast co-host Chill, who attended the Community Cantina in Seattle, was able to transcribe the Q&As from the two sessions held, which you can find in this post on our site.

Probably the biggest reveal (aside from the Super Secret Space Project video!) was that black/black and white/white dye modules will be directly purchasable on the Cartel Market “soon”.
Teo, co-host and producer of OotiniCast

chuixupu
09.01.2013 , 02:36 PM | #2
Thank you for transcribing, listening to the audio clips of these has never been easy.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Andryah
09.01.2013 , 02:54 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by jasoneth View Post
My OotiniCast co-host Chill, who attended the Community Cantina in Seattle, was able to transcribe the Q&As from the two sessions held, which you can find in this post on our site.

Probably the biggest reveal (aside from the Super Secret Space Project video!) was that black/black and white/white dye modules will be directly purchasable on the Cartel Market “soon”.
Awesome Effort on your part here. Thanks for that.

Gives a very different perspective on PvP then we typically see expressed by players here on the forum.
The MMO player would do well to embrace the nature of reality: Everything is relative, a projection based upon a malleable set of universal laws. Reality is an elastic process in which our individual choices play an active role.

Tatile
09.01.2013 , 02:59 PM | #4
"He did say that if an NPC died in any version of a class story it would be unlikely for them to bring them back."

gosh darn it all I really wanted Lord Cytharat.

"They might go back to the class story model, but it would be hugely ambitious."

So that's a no, never.

I take it that the reason we've been having no Developer Blogs or columns as of late, is because everyone is out on these pub crawls?

chuixupu
09.01.2013 , 03:01 PM | #5
Thank goodness they're making black/black dyes directly purchasable. Should have been that way from the beginning.

Andryah
09.01.2013 , 03:06 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
Thank goodness they're making black/black dyes directly purchasable. Should have been that way from the beginning.
Depends on the price though.

But my guess is they will setpoint at around 300CC which means they will sell for 300Kish credits on the GTN.

This one will be interesting to watch unfold. Done right.. it's good.. done wrong it borks the dye market, particularly for crafters.
The MMO player would do well to embrace the nature of reality: Everything is relative, a projection based upon a malleable set of universal laws. Reality is an elastic process in which our individual choices play an active role.

chuixupu
09.01.2013 , 03:11 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Depends on the price though.

But my guess is they will setpoint at around 300CC which means they will sell for 300Kish credits on the GTN.
I would hate for it to be ridiculously expensive, but I can't afford to pay what they are being sold for on the GTN, and I am not going to go through old crates in hopes that I'll get them. I'd use black/black for multiple outfits on multiple characters.

Quote:
This one will be interesting to watch unfold. Done right.. it's good.. done wrong it borks the dye market, particularly for crafters.
Crafters can't currently make black/black anyway, so it's not going to affect them.

Avicii
09.01.2013 , 03:15 PM | #8
I wish I went back in for the 2nd Q&A.

This answer is backwards:

Q:Why is there not more balancing before arenas?
A: Because the arenas will use different strategies, they want to see what happens in arenas before balancing, rather than the other way around.

Don't they realize with no changes you have already discouraged a portion of the player base that doesn't play the perceived FoTM class. We have seen Drama got 106-5 with Jug/2xRage Mara/Op. there is nothing else to see.

Without cross server queues queue times will be horrible as most sage/Sorc/Merc/mandos will not queue same goes for DPS unless they drop 1 Mara for another DPS however they will be tunneled since they don't have the DCDs a Mara does. Yes niche comps like Dongcleave or comps that the top 10% can make work will be out there however it's going to be over whelmingly the same fracking classes that are strong in RWZs.

Seems very short sighted for a team that reads the forums often they don't see how preception can sink arenas right off the bat. I strongly wish they would reconsider waiting 10 months + for balance changes is joke and should not happen period. This coupled with removing RWZs will lead to people unsubbing. We don't need Miss Cleo to tell us this.

Andryah
09.01.2013 , 03:20 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
Crafters can't currently make black/black anyway, so it's not going to affect them.
But today.. crafters can and do make a number of dyes that approximate the end appearance for much less cost. This market dries up on the crafters (or become unprofitable) as the black/black hit's much nearer to commodity price ranges.

I know one thing for sure.. I'm unloading any "near-appearance" dyes I have squirreled away before prices collapse once these two dyes go live on the CM. Example: Gray/Whites, which now sell for 300K +/- on Harbinger.

Vis-Tecum
09.01.2013 , 03:23 PM | #10
from the transcript:
Q: When will we ever add more class story?
A: (Schubert takes a quick poll; most people liked the Makeb story. This apparently confirmed his suspicions.) From their point of view, the Makeb story was successful. And actually one of the reasons it was successful was because it was NOT a class-based story. Instead of having to come up with multiple reasons why different types of characters would go to Makeb (artifacts, military secrets, etc.) they could focus on making one very good story with slightly different takes for each class. This made Makeb both a better story and more epic (due to not having to do eight full versions of it.) They are looking at taking the basic Makeb model in future and expanding on its emphasis of class differences. How would Luke Skywalker handle this problem vs. Darth Vader? They might go back to the class story model, but it would be hugely ambitious.

now I agree that the story can be more epic as a overall arc rather then individual class stories but I feel there is a lot of room for improvement and experimenting here I hope they test different methods

for example, makeb would be more enticing to do on alts if there was a major class specific quest to start the planets story off [kinda like the different intros but with unique gameplay] then 90% of the planets arch through the story is shared across all classes and a big finale that is unique for every class, that would only be 2 quests they need to make original but would help make the story feel different and give that carrot to work for to see that classes finale

disappointed that there wont be new class specific quests planned but fully understand the why, but do think that experimenting is the best solution
Just go riding right by me on the crest of the new wave