Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crafting kills the fun in the game.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Crafting kills the fun in the game.

RocketeerRaccoon
09.01.2013 , 10:17 AM | #1
I really don't know if I can play this game anymore, the main thing that's killing my fun in the game is crafting professions, these take forever to do and they are all a big money sink yet they are mandatory for high level content such as Biochem, and so for that I choose to give up on the game because it's not fun.

jedip_enguin
09.01.2013 , 10:21 AM | #2
You're talking nonsense.
Dat referral link - http://www.swtor.com/r/Sh6HPh

zachass
09.01.2013 , 10:31 AM | #3
I hate the shape of Kira's feet. **** that, I'm out. Either redesign it, or I'm taking my ball and going home.

branmakmuffin
09.01.2013 , 10:34 AM | #4
If trolling,

If serious, it it's not fun, don't do it. "Problem" solved.

Nickious
09.01.2013 , 11:21 AM | #5
lol what?

No crafting skill is mandatory for end game content. My first character only had gathering skils and he did fine without them. Sure things like Biochem or cybertech are handy but there not neccessary to be good for endgame content.

gorstram
09.01.2013 , 11:22 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Nickious View Post
lol what?

No crafting skill is mandatory for end game content. My first character only had gathering skils and he did fine without them. Sure things like Biochem or cybertech are handy but there not neccessary to be good for endgame content.
QFT

Added more letters because QFT is too short of a post.

Edit:
If you're sick of crafting, pick up two gathering profs, and a mission skill. This will enable to continuously pull in items to sell, and then with the extra credits, you can buy the items you need from the people who don't hate crafting. Of course, you'll pay their bloated prices.
PO5:
Finklefett- 55 Merc (Gungans Ate My Baby)
Finkleboom- 55 Mando w/ 25% more Jesus Beams <OOTAP>
Finkle'Fabulous- 55 Vanguard: "The Big Pink Tank" <OOTAP>

Khayleth
09.01.2013 , 12:20 PM | #7
I like the crafting in this game, when I don't feel like dailies I just switch between various alts, monitoring crafts, sending out companions, REing items, and crafting things to sell on the GTN, I can spend hours just doing that to kill time all while watching tv or something, I love it.
Raid progression no one cares about. Unimpressive quote or one liner. Uninteresting guild name. List of characters with their level and class symbol.

Andryah
09.01.2013 , 12:33 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
If trolling,

If serious, it it's not fun, don't do it. "Problem" solved.
Indeed.

OP.. just because there is an ice pick in the tool box, does not mean you need ever pick it up, much less jam it in your eyeball.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

chuixupu
09.01.2013 , 12:36 PM | #9
Crafting is totally optional. If you don't like it, don't do it. Instead, have 3 gathering skills, sell mats, make money to buy or else trade a crafter for the stuff you want. Which is what everyone I know does, even the ones that have crafting skills.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Nemmar
09.01.2013 , 01:43 PM | #10
Also the 2 hour stims go for less than 10k on the GTN. This QQ makes no sense. Another one to the trash bin.