Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Companions

CrispenGray
09.01.2013 , 07:44 AM | #1
At the Seattle Cantina Tour last night, I asked about a couple characters from Makeb who I thought were especially well-made. I wondered if we would see them again, particularly as *fingers crossed* companions. Eric told me that they were currently looking into what characters throughout the game people were interested in, potentially as companions (I don't have his exact wording; it was difficult to hear, sadly, but this seemed to be the gist). He said that now would be a good time to create a thread on the board asking which characters people liked and would like to see again.

He also noted specifically that the writers would not be bringing anyone back from the dead.

So, with that in mind, what characters have you seen throughout the game who you'd like to see make a return, particularly as a potential companion?

The characters I'd like to see (who I mentioned in the first place): Doctor Avesta and Lord Cytharat. Both are great characters, with fascinating romance angles (in my opinion). I'd love to see them as faction-based bonus companions.

Spoiler

How about the rest of you? Any other characters you'd like to see?

Dubhradh
09.01.2013 , 08:20 AM | #2
Personally, I'd like to see more of the companions I already have, at least some of them. (I hate Skadge with an undying passion and he's the first companion I've ever gone out of my way to get negative approval in hopes that it will actually drive him off). I've already invested a great deal emotionally in these characters and while it was neat to pick up HK and Teek, my ship is getting a bit crowded at this point and I end up wandering through, clicking on Lokin and vainly wishing for just one more conversation with him. I miss talking about archaeology with Talos and since my Marauder dumped Quinn (backstabbing bastard) and hooked up with Pierce, I'd like to see a bit more to that relationship. Blizz will always be my all time favorite character, I would love to have more time with him. I've reached the point that I've held off finishing my conversations with Mako because I don't want to walk onto my ship and see that I can't talk to her anymore.

That said, if Jonas Balker ever gets tired of playing lackey for the SIS, I'm totally kidnapping him (mostly because I know it would piss off Jorgan. Then there's the string of almost-romance options we have across the galaxy- Aristocra Saganu, Phi-Ton (a Voss or Chiss companion would be pretty cool) are the two I can think of offhand that I wish I'd had a chance to see more of.
For the record (yes I know killing them was an option, I didn't), I thought Ivory and Watcher X were the two best missed opportunities to pick up companions in the game.

Cyberwoman
09.01.2013 , 08:33 AM | #3
Jonas Balkar from the Trooper storyline was a great character and I would love it if he could be a companion (SGR too perhaps? ) Lord Cytharat would be great too, and I agree that his situation could be sorted out. Also from the Imperial side . . .

Spoiler

That being said, I think it would be cool if they added more brand new companions.
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The Fourth Doctor, Doctor Who
Chinbu, Hekit, Shieye, Hunk'a, Bi'song, Paign'ton, Ga'vin, Char-bi
Griffa, Ga'athei, Valamist , V'woolf, Equ'mar, No'lara, Vampora

Helig
09.01.2013 , 08:37 AM | #4
Thana Vesh. Got a bit of love/hate crush on her
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

zachass
09.01.2013 , 10:41 AM | #5
I want Jace Malcolm. If you're gonna do it, do it right.

zachass
09.01.2013 , 10:45 AM | #6
Also, I would love for my Sniper to be able to run around with Watcher X. Perhaps add one of the Revanites as a companion as well. Could be our first Force Healing companion, perhaps.

Swushinator
09.01.2013 , 10:53 AM | #7
I'm all for Jonas Balkar to.

Watcher 2 and X, Karrels Javis, Sareesh, Harkun, Syreena.. Other interesting people you meet during the first few planets..

-fish

zachass
09.01.2013 , 10:55 AM | #8
Every time I finish my post I think of someone else. I would really like my DS Jedi Knight to have the option of bringing Bengal Morr into his crew. If not on Tython, then later on in the story.

gorstram
09.01.2013 , 10:59 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
Thana Vesh. Got a bit of love/hate crush on her
This! 1000x this.
PO5:
Finklefett- 55 Merc (Gungans Ate My Baby)
Finkleboom- 55 Mando w/ 25% more Jesus Beams <OOTAP>
Finkle'Fabulous- 55 Vanguard: "The Big Pink Tank" <OOTAP>

zachass
09.01.2013 , 11:02 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Dubhradh View Post
(a Voss or Chiss companion would be pretty cool)
Like a VOSS.