Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So the future of class story

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So the future of class story

Alec_Fortescue
09.01.2013 , 08:15 AM | #11
More of the class stories were already written than you think. Question is will they go to waste or will we get to play them. There is a good lot done already, I am sure.
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

Almost 3 years old and there are still no iconic / classic / traditional / prequel-style (pick any!) Jedi robes in the game! How come?

Also how about letting players wear the robes that are already in the game but not accessible to them?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

Trevalon
09.01.2013 , 08:41 AM | #12
I don't see class stories being a big part of SWTOR's future. Will they one day add some? Sure, that's possible, but more than likely with a "Large" expansion release (Not this Makeb DLC crap).

I remember before SWTOR's release some devs on the EQ2 forums were talking about the voice acting and the "cinematic" gameplay of SWTOR. Originally EQ2 was supposed to be fully voice acted (And it was for the original release) and have more cinematic story telling. They were laughing that people actually thought Bioware would keep up with that caliber of storytelling/voice acting because it was just not feasible to do it once the game launched because of time and money.

It seems the EQ2 devs had it right on the money...It is just not feasible with the amount of subscribers they have to continue producing individual class based storylines and Bioware has all but said that.

So, I for one, am not surprised by this at all, people just need to get it through their heads that Bioware and EA bit off way more than they could chew with this game and it will suffer from here on out from it.

Unfortunate...they should have just made KOTOR 3 instead.

Lunafox
09.01.2013 , 12:20 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
More of the class stories were already written than you think. Question is will they go to waste or will we get to play them. There is a good lot done already, I am sure.
Agreed, I don't want to see these go to waste, just because someone doesn't think its financially feasible. If its done, why not let us play it. I recall reading from the devs early on that they had something like 3 years of story done at launch.
More Individual class/companion story extensions!
~I came, I saw, I went shopping.~

Damask_Rose
09.01.2013 , 12:59 PM | #14
Unless they were incredibly short sighted or never really did plan on continuing the class stories, they worked out story arcs for at least a couple of years. I would love for them to at least give us access to what they did work up. It would be a nice apology gesture for disappointing so many of their loyal fans.

Reaching the top of your profession is just a beginning to your life, not the end of it

chuixupu
09.01.2013 , 01:02 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
Unless they were incredibly short sighted or never really did plan on continuing the class stories
They definitely did originally plan on continuing class stories up to a certain point, I heard it right out of a devs mouth <.<

Quote:
they worked out story arcs for at least a couple of years. I would love for them to at least give us access to what they did work up. It would be a nice apology gesture for disappointing so many of their loyal fans.
1. They will probably use class story elements in future stories at the very least, and probably aren't 100% sure they won't ever use them
2. Telling fans what they could have got and won't get is very saddening
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

ZETA_SCORPII
09.01.2013 , 01:13 PM | #16
Of course there will be story expansions, in the meantime gear up and enjoy that ride! Honestly I have had a hell of a fun time gearing up even though it's been from doing the same stuff for months now, it is so satisfying feeling how much more powerful I am. That is the best feeling for me in this game.

DarthAnias
09.01.2013 , 02:54 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by ZETA_SCORPII View Post
Of course there will be story expansions, in the meantime gear up and enjoy that ride! Honestly I have had a hell of a fun time gearing up even though it's been from doing the same stuff for months now, it is so satisfying feeling how much more powerful I am. That is the best feeling for me in this game.
I am glad to see you still love the game! I feel the same way! It's a great game and the class stories are at a point that the characters are at the top of their game. Makeb's story arc was really well done!(Empire side is all ive played)

I love TOR and will play till they shut out the lights! =D

Torcatoth
09.01.2013 , 04:05 PM | #18
I can't said I liked it at all. Done it once and was enough
Nothing is true... everithing is permited

Roalmo
09.01.2013 , 04:28 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by ZETA_SCORPII View Post
The word from the devs is no more class stories. End of discussion....

johnxtreeme
09.01.2013 , 05:06 PM | #20
For all those wondering, yes more Class Story exists in the game files. So does Podracing. So does a warzone based around turrents on Makeb. So does Ziost. So does Yavin IV. So does Sleheyron. So does Bothawui.

Just because they PLANNED (or wrote) the content, and got the game ready for it, doesn't mean it will EVER happen. Subscriber numbers dropped off a cliff, the game went from 500+ developers (plus a satellite studio in Singapore making art assets) to about 150. There is no money or staff for class stories chaps.