Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Super Secret Space Project is revealed... or at least teased!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The Super Secret Space Project is revealed... or at least teased!

Soluss
08.31.2013 , 11:57 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by GratuaCuun View Post
It looks like Battlefront 2 if so I'm gonna fist-bump for ever ^^ people walking into this expecting EVE or SWG-style space combat are going to be pissed - this game is NOT a sandbox, it's an instanced themepark... there's not going to be any 'open space'... it looks like they've taken space off the rails, given us an archive of ships to choose from and are going to let us have areas we can fight each other or waves of enemies in ala battlefront 2

Which should be STEEPED in awesome IMO
I don't mind if its instanced as long as its multiplayer.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

GratuaCuun
08.31.2013 , 11:59 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Soluss View Post
I don't mind if its instanced as long as its multiplayer.
-blink- if it's PVP wouldn't it have to be multi-player?
People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an exercise of power are barbarians - George Lucas, 1988

Silko
09.01.2013 , 12:05 AM | #23
While I won't be truly happy until I have something close or equal to SWG, I do welcome an improvement of the current Star Fox system.
"Those who ask for mercy, are too weak to deserve it"

Dark Intentions Website

Soluss
09.01.2013 , 12:05 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by GratuaCuun View Post
-blink- if it's PVP wouldn't it have to be multi-player?
The key word is "IF". There is no confirmation on this yet.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

Jetreaperz
09.01.2013 , 12:06 AM | #25
i assume the ships we fly will be remotely controlled? also i noticed the imperial fight was firing red blasters. is a color swap inc?
Quote: Originally Posted by orryko View Post
don't know who reaperz is but i like his insults and ms paint skills
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

4. We all have our "beloved" trolls.

metwars
09.01.2013 , 12:06 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Soluss View Post
The key word is "IF". There is no confirmation on this yet.
except for everything that has been datamined about it. I know that is still rumors but still.

Applicator
09.01.2013 , 12:06 AM | #27
Very much looking forward to this. Wondering how it will control, mouse + keyboard, or joystick or xbox controller

GratuaCuun
09.01.2013 , 12:09 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Silko View Post
While I won't be truly happy until I have something close or equal to SWG.
I'm not trying to troll or be rude... but... you do realize that this game never really (ever) will be close to SWG? I mean... completely different team, completely different design goals... the systems and the way you level... they INTENTIONALLY don't even resemble each other...
People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an exercise of power are barbarians - George Lucas, 1988

Copperheadr
09.01.2013 , 12:21 AM | #29
I hope they copy as much as possible from JTL - SWG.

Former Bria resident.

Drudenfusz
09.01.2013 , 12:21 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Jetreaperz View Post
i assume the ships we fly will be remotely controlled? also i noticed the imperial fight was firing red blasters. is a color swap inc?
Don't look like a colour swap since the republic fighters also (still) fire in red. Guess it is just an oversight and the empire will fire in green when it goes live.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Lana Everhope - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Shadow Tank on The Red Eclipse
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version