Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Super Secret Space Project is revealed... or at least teased!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The Super Secret Space Project is revealed... or at least teased!

orpheus
08.31.2013 , 10:41 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Drudenfusz View Post
So, we do not even fly our own ships then?
This is my concern. However that to me looked like some kind of PVP scenario with generic ships.

Hopefully its part of something a lot bigger

Lovethebeard
08.31.2013 , 11:06 PM | #12
Had to watch this trailer a couple of times before it hit me that this is actually happening. Is this real life?

I'm crying with happiness.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

Vis-Tecum
08.31.2013 , 11:12 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by orpheus View Post
This is my concern. However that to me looked like some kind of PVP scenario with generic ships.

Hopefully its part of something a lot bigger
rumors are its a pvp scenario with the choice of 3 types of ships, heavy, medium and light. I suspect that means it will be pvp dog fights set up like battlefront with bombers and fighters, hopefully there will be objectives on the capital ships you need to bomb while dog fighting players

this is all speculation but that's my 2 cents
Just go riding right by me on the crest of the new wave

islander
08.31.2013 , 11:17 PM | #14
I wouldn't honestly get your hopes up too high people. Look at the rest of this game, and how its "Progressed". Mostly due to this terrible now bastardized pre-alpha game engine that can't support ground PvP, much less aerial PvP.

Just a word to the wise, from someone who has been burned for the last time with the "awesome pvp centric update in 2.4 I waited 4-5 months for"
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

Drudenfusz
08.31.2013 , 11:20 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Vis-Tecum View Post
rumors are its a pvp scenario with the choice of 3 types of ships, heavy, medium and light. I suspect that means it will be pvp dog fights set up like battlefront with bombers and fighters, hopefully there will be objectives on the capital ships you need to bomb while dog fighting players
Okay, that sound actually cool. Stil it would be somewhat a bummer not to use your own ship.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

MisterBlackJack
08.31.2013 , 11:27 PM | #16
Where is my friend TUXs. I want to share this moment especially with him
THE FORCE FIGHTS WITH ME.....IN THE C.E. V.I.P LOUNGE

Lovethebeard
08.31.2013 , 11:29 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by islander View Post
I wouldn't honestly get your hopes up too high people. Look at the rest of this game, and how its "Progressed". Mostly due to this terrible now bastardized pre-alpha game engine that can't support ground PvP, much less aerial PvP.

Just a word to the wise, from someone who has been burned for the last time with the "awesome pvp centric update in 2.4 I waited 4-5 months for"
That's just your opinion of course. There are people that are quite happy with 2.4 and there will be a lot of people happy with SSSP. Even its implementation into the game = awesome carrots.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

Soluss
08.31.2013 , 11:34 PM | #18
To me it looks like the same thing we have except its free form flight. I really hope its not some instanced solo thing but until I see otherwise, I will think of it that way. I wont get all hyped this time.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

BrianDavion
08.31.2013 , 11:41 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Vis-Tecum View Post

this is all speculation but that's my 2 cents

that fits with a rumor I Heard about where BW was looking at going with this

I just hope it means codex entries for more ships

GratuaCuun
08.31.2013 , 11:43 PM | #20
It looks like Battlefront 2 if so I'm gonna fist-bump for ever ^^ people walking into this expecting EVE or SWG-style space combat are going to be pissed - this game is NOT a sandbox, it's an instanced themepark... there's not going to be any 'open space'... it looks like they've taken space off the rails, given us an archive of ships to choose from and are going to let us have areas we can fight each other or waves of enemies in ala battlefront 2

Which should be STEEPED in awesome IMO
People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an exercise of power are barbarians - George Lucas in 1988... Ironic, is it not?