Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Obroan Armor

GlassToTheArson
08.30.2013 , 09:01 PM | #1
Am I the only one who thinks this whole group of new sets of armor is an enormously lazy and cheap way for them to push new content to make us feel like they're actually giving us 8 new sets of gear?

http://dulfy.net/2013/08/30/swtor-ob...weapon-preview

NilethStar
08.30.2013 , 09:02 PM | #2
How are they not giving us new gear sets? None of the armor in the game looks like this gear currently. Also they have stated it is subject to change.

GlassToTheArson
08.30.2013 , 09:05 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by NilethStar View Post
How are they not giving us new gear sets? None of the armor in the game looks like this gear currently. Also they have stated it is subject to change.
Those are the final (?) models as far as I can tell. That **** looks looks lazy as hell. I'm not hating on the game or anything stupid like that. I simply find it to be lazy design

NilethStar
08.30.2013 , 09:14 PM | #4
They never stated they are the final models. The PTS patch notes says it at the top

Lunafox
08.30.2013 , 09:15 PM | #5
Ha haa Inquisitor armor has been on a Red Bull kick. It has little wings. *rolls around laughing*
No Individual class/companion story extensions, make it technically challenging to pay a sub!
~May the Force be with you, always!~

GlassToTheArson
08.30.2013 , 09:18 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by NilethStar View Post
They never stated they are the final models. The PTS patch notes says it at the top
I sense much denial in you

Drudenfusz
08.30.2013 , 09:26 PM | #7
I like how they look so far, and wouldn't mind if that is the final look. I have complained about the PvP armour sets in the past, and I think that this is teh best looking set so far. Oh, and I don't get it if BioWare does too much on the sets people complain that they look like fantasy amour sets, and when they now do more simplistic but really good looking sets, people call them lazy? I just don't get it.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

NilethStar
08.30.2013 , 09:26 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by GlassToTheArson View Post
I sense much denial in you
The new Obroan PvP armor set is currently using placeholder art that will be updated before the release to the Live Servers; the sets themselves are incomplete on the PTS and are subject to change.

Right out of the PTS patch notes. Pretty sure you are the one in denial

GlassToTheArson
08.30.2013 , 09:30 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Drudenfusz View Post
I like how they look so far, and wouldn't mind if that is the final look. I have complained about the PvP armour sets in the past, and I think that this is teh best looking set so far. Oh, and I don't get it if BioWare does too much on the sets people complain that they look like fantasy amour sets, and when they now do more simplistic but really good looking sets, people call them lazy? I just don't get it.
Call me a traditionalist, but I like the more simplistic armors. None of these crazy sets that make your character look like something that crawled out of a Coruscanti sewer

Sangrar
08.30.2013 , 09:38 PM | #10
Good god what is this garbage!! That gear is an atrocity! the trooper armor doesn't even look like anything I would put on my trooper!!!

Once upon a time trooper gear looked like this http://tor-fashion.com/2013/03/02/ra...bat-medic-pub/

Now look at what has happened!!!
That armor belongs at the most as reputation armor not this!!!!

BIOWARE FOR GODS SAKE CHANGE THE GEAR TO SOMETHING THAT ACTAULLY LOOKS LIKE IT BELONGS ON A TROOPER NOT SOMETHING FOR POWER RANGERS!!!!!!!!

TO THE DESIGNER WHO DEVELOPED THAT GEAR LOOK START THINKING ABOUT STAR WARS WHEN GETTING YOUR INSPIRATION, THINK CLASSIC GEAR LOOKS LIKE THE ONES THAT WERE HERE WHEN THE GAME CAME OUT THAT WE FELL IN LOVE WITH AND THAT YOU EVENTAULLY JUST TOOK AWAY AND SAID WE COULD NEVER HAVE AGAIN!!!!
[Bastion]Guildmaster<Galactic Saviors>-War Hero Spaceboomer-55 Commando/Captain Starforce-55 Scoundrel/Darth Caddar-55 Juggernaut/Lord Brakaras-32 Assassin/Master Teckan-38 Sage/Firefighter-27 Powertech/Nightprowler-13 Sniper
refferal link for returning players and free character transfer and free inventory slot