Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Petition: We Want MORE INDIVIDUAL CLASS STORIES AND COMPANION STORIES,

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Petition: We Want MORE INDIVIDUAL CLASS STORIES AND COMPANION STORIES,

Felkroth
08.25.2013 , 11:20 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Amera View Post
I'm honestly really surprised they were willing to come out and say they aren't working on any more class stories. It seems much more in their interests to be vague and keep people dangling with their subs active as long as possible.
You mean they actually have no intention of continuing the individual class stories?!?!?

I thought I heard prelaunch that they already had a back log of 1000s of hours of voice acting for each and every classes individual continuation

This is a MAJOR LETDOWN......

Like...screw veractyls, screw weekly events, screw cartel, screw reputation............

I'm shocked that continuation of class stories aren't going to happen...THAT'S HORRIBLE!

Odlus
08.25.2013 , 11:29 AM | #22
The reason I play the game is for the story. I'm not really much of a "farm endgame instances to I can get good enough gear to farm the next set of endgame instances when they release" type of MMO player. I'll take each class to 50 to experience their class stories, then 2 (one from each side) to 55. It took me about a month to get my Guardian to 50 and it looks like my Bounty Hunter is on the same track, so all together the class stories will have me subbed for 8 months total (spread out across a longer amount of time for when/if I take breaks between each character). Assuming 50-55 takes me a month per character, that'll be 2 months total, and if what I've heard is any indication it'll end up being more like 1 month total. As far as I'm concerned, class stories gets a lot more money out of me than "planetary stories" do. And I don't think I'm unique in how I approach this game.

But I'm not going to make a big deal about it. I'm sure Bioware knows what's better for them from a business perspective than I do. If the content that keeps me around doesn't keep getting made then eventually I'll just stop playing the game, no fuss necessary. Maybe by then Dragon Age 3 will be out (and hopefully better than the second was).

ChristoMinaverus
08.25.2013 , 11:46 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Mercurial_Harpy View Post
Actually, here is a fun fact, for all who still think the discontinuation of Class Story is a gray area.

When I went to cancel my sub...

...one of the reasons to select for cancellation was...

...THERE ARE NO MORE CLASS STORY LINES!

I kid you not. So there it is, folks.

Bioware, EA, whoever the hell they are now, will never get another damn cent from me. And it's a shame, really. I loved this game. Not that they'll read it, but I did mention in my cancellation rant that it's shameful how they've strung players along (who were hoping for more class story) all this time. But the joke's on me, they got their $180 out of me since they made the decision, likely when F2P and the Cartel Market launched. I just didn't want to believe it, I guess. *sigh*
I canceled my sub as well for this exact reason. That was what pulled me into this game and universe. NO class story means no more SWTOR. Sad day indeed but it was a good run. I will finish the other class storied to 50 atleast and then stop playing.
The Hand of the Empire- The Ebonhawk RP Guild
Together we can overthrow the Emperor

Nickious
08.25.2013 , 12:01 PM | #24
You know I try not to complain as little as possible for this game because I thoroughly do enjoy this game, the reason in particular being that there is a personalized story for each class. The fact that they won't be continuing what this game is known for is a huge disappointment. Makeb was ok but once you've done it once, you're just basically playing the same story over with a different class.

Fortunately for me, I have not completed 5 and half (half way leveled into the inquistor story) of the class stories and I will stay subscribed for the those unless circumstance change.

aeterno
08.25.2013 , 12:04 PM | #25
Actually, here is a fun fact, for all who still think the discontinuation of Class Story is a gray area.

Bioware, EA, whoever the hell they are now, will never get another damn cent from me. And it's a shame, really. I loved this game. Not that they'll read it, but I did mention in my cancellation rant that it's shameful how they've strung players along (who were hoping for more class story) all this time. But the joke's on me, they got their $180 out of me since they made the decision, likely when F2P and the Cartel Market launched. I just didn't want to believe it, I guess. *sigh*
That's actually a good sign. They're pulling telemetry and if a high % quits stating that reason, they may push more class content through in the 1st proper expansion.

Lord-Aleph
08.25.2013 , 12:15 PM | #26
/signed

EDIT: Apparently there aren't supposed to be any more class stories, but still, maybe if enough interest is shown that can change.

chuixupu
08.25.2013 , 12:29 PM | #27
If they never do anything with class stories ever again, it'll probably lead to my eventual departure from the game, since it's the thing that I have enjoyed most about it. I can find just as fun raiding in other games.

On the other hand, if enough of the people that unsub choose that option, they might rethink things.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Odlus
08.25.2013 , 12:33 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord-Aleph View Post
/signed

EDIT: Apparently there aren't supposed to be any more class stories, but still, maybe if enough interest is shown that can change.
I can guarantee you that any time a developer says something can't or won't be done, it very rarely means that it literally can not be done. It means they feel the investment of time/money needed to do it, at the expense of not putting that time/money into another aspect of the game, wouldn't be worth the monetary return they'd see.

"Won't happen" absolutely will turn into "coming soon" if a large enough portion of the playerbase showed Bioware that it'd be worth their while to work on class stories. But that portion of the playerbase needs to be ready to accept that more class stories would come at the expense of other forms of content, such as raids. And would likely need to be ready to shell out for that new content. Bioware charged almost $20 for a new companion that doesn't even speak basic, I'm sure fully voiced content for each class and gender wouldn't come cheap. I'd imagine Bioware doubts many of the people who post in these sort of threads would ultimately be willing to make that "trade."

Tatile
08.25.2013 , 12:39 PM | #29

That's just sad. Do they even have a writing team any more? :/

/signed for class stories

ArenCordial
08.25.2013 , 12:42 PM | #30
/signed

Class stories are what made this MMO unique, and helped make you care about your character and their cohorts.

BioWare you keep saying you want the stories to be Avenger style but what happened after the Avengers? Marvel went back to telling individual stories again. They didn't just go straight into the Avengers 2.