Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Petition: We Want MORE INDIVIDUAL CLASS STORIES AND COMPANION STORIES,

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Petition: We Want MORE INDIVIDUAL CLASS STORIES AND COMPANION STORIES,

Dharius
08.25.2013 , 07:25 AM | #11
/sign

class quest are the main reason i play this game...

weejohnathon
08.25.2013 , 07:32 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by joshohelp View Post
You sir, have won the galaxy.

People need to wait Bioware said that class stories are on the drawing board but it's not their focus at the moment. They may not come in the near future but they'll come sometime.
This is completely wrong. Check this interview .They then elsewhere stated there won't be anymore class stories as 1-50 was your personal adventure now their working on more Makeb like storylines.
Also check another post where at the cantina they confirmed they arent even looking at making more classes.

Edit: Also The storylines were done a few years ago so was 4 planets and the voice over all they had to do was develop it. When they moved to F2P they went from over 500 devs to around 150 of which is split between the cartel market and the game. Also despite in EA's last earning reports that SW:TOR revenue is going up around 50% each quarter yet there has been no news of them investing in more developers to bring out the content.
Simple fact is F2P has destroyed the game. We receive small updates because they have no choice but to give us content major content that was promised around launch has been benched as its more costly. This is also why there will never be a new race added thats not in the cartel market.

Also read this interview Where they say that the expense isnt worth the gain for them to create player stores and also why they wont be making a new class with unique story.
Bottom line is guys if it costs more than absalutely necessary it won't happen.

Reno_Tarshil
08.25.2013 , 07:38 AM | #13
Signed.

Fixiooo
08.25.2013 , 10:18 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by weejohnathon View Post
This is completely wrong. Check this interview .They then elsewhere stated there won't be anymore class stories as 1-50 was your personal adventure now their working on more Makeb like storylines.
If Makeb is any indication for the future of story content I'll say that I really cannot be bothered with it. Makeb was a letdown and way too short.

ChaoticDynamite
08.25.2013 , 10:20 AM | #15
They don't need a petition to notify them of your urge for the continuation of class stories.
If theres one thing SWTOR taught me about PvP is don't hope don't ever hope just start building up your tolerance level.

Mowermanx
08.25.2013 , 10:22 AM | #16
LOL @ this thread...

Mercurial_Harpy
08.25.2013 , 10:52 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Fixiooo View Post
If Makeb is any indication for the future of story content I'll say that I really cannot be bothered with it. Makeb was a letdown and way too short.
So very much this.

I know class stories don't mean much to some players, but for me, they were what drew me into the game. The hope of having more class stories is what kept me going for this long since launch. But if all we are going to get is more Makebs, then I'm out. The confirmed scrapping of class story was always the line in the sand for me, and it appears that with the Germany Cantina tour & the other links provided, that's happened. Of course, no one at EA-Ware will ever come out and say "Yeah, class stories are over," because they know enough players like me will leave because of that. They'd rather continue to string us along with a lot of meaningless word salads and "maybes" and "not nows, but perhaps much, much later on." It still sounds like "never" in different clothes to me. Shame on them for that.

Last night, I spent an hour trying to convince my GL to stick with the game; almost everyone else in my guild has left. I'm really, really sorry I wasted his time. I'll be apologizing to him later, when I see him online in the game we've moved to. SWTOR sub canceled as of today.

It's astonishing how EA-Ware is hell-bent on making sure SWTOR never lives up to its potential. It sucks because the greatness it could have been is just out of reach; you can almost touch it. But obviously since the firings/dev meltdown/turnover from last year, the right people are no longer in charge. And that's not even mentioning the endless bugs, poor performance and clipping issues, which are indefensible after 2 years of live code. The Cartel Market was interesting, but seven re-skins of iconic Star Wars armor (that should have been in the game since launch, let's be real) does not make up for recycled and uninteresting content.

I'm through with the misplaced hope and cryptic responses from uninterested/overworked developers, all the while paying $15/month for the privilege. To those who stay, good luck to you all, you have more patience than I do.

~The Argost Legacy~

~Jedi Covenant~

Amera
08.25.2013 , 11:00 AM | #18
I'm honestly really surprised they were willing to come out and say they aren't working on any more class stories. It seems much more in their interests to be vague and keep people dangling with their subs active as long as possible.

Meglivorn
08.25.2013 , 11:03 AM | #19
I won't call Mekeb "lame" becouse I enjoyed it. But i guess no sane person would say no on more class story content.

I just hope, that there really were plans for them originally, and maybe even sound recorded, so one day maybe we'll see some of it.
"Many weapons can kill, but only the lightsaber can inspire such extremes of hope or fear."

Mercurial_Harpy
08.25.2013 , 11:17 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Amera View Post
I'm honestly really surprised they were willing to come out and say they aren't working on any more class stories. It seems much more in their interests to be vague and keep people dangling with their subs active as long as possible.
Actually, here is a fun fact, for all who still think the discontinuation of Class Story is a gray area.

When I went to cancel my sub...

...one of the reasons to select for cancellation was...

...THERE ARE NO MORE CLASS STORY LINES!

I kid you not. So there it is, folks.

Bioware, EA, whoever the hell they are now, will never get another damn cent from me. And it's a shame, really. I loved this game. Not that they'll read it, but I did mention in my cancellation rant that it's shameful how they've strung players along (who were hoping for more class story) all this time. But the joke's on me, they got their $180 out of me since they made the decision, likely when F2P and the Cartel Market launched. I just didn't want to believe it, I guess. *sigh*
~The Argost Legacy~

~Jedi Covenant~