Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Reorganizing Data........forever! pls help

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Reorganizing Data........forever! pls help

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Oneirophrenia
09.17.2013 , 07:41 PM | #21
Same issue. It has been almost 10 minutes after I started the launcher and it's sitting at 4.76%. All of this for introducing a bounty pack, couple of quest bug fixes and GTN updates?

And to think I just re-subbed a couple of weeks ago after more than a year away. Ridiculous.

Draqsko
09.17.2013 , 09:07 PM | #22
Customer Service is not acknowledging the issue with Bit Raider streaming patcher. Here's how to turn it off, however doing this will mean you have to patch the game from scratch (it'll be a big download but once it's done, no more headaches)

Here is how:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...21&postcount=9

Good luck, and trust me, after dealing with that crap for 2 weeks after they released the ST launcher (I happened to reinstall from scratch the day after it released), I manually switched it back to the old method of patching, now most patches are done and installed before I can even finish reading over the patch notes.

Note to CS reps, quit making people post logs for DirectX, launcher logs, reliability reports, etc. The issue is often times not their systems but Bit Raider. It's horribly slow, and horribly atrocitous at patching.

xvidragon
09.23.2013 , 08:15 PM | #23
god i didnt want to play this for 2 months so i select auto renewal for 1 and wouldn't you know i forget to turn the stupid thing off so i got billed and now this reoganizing crap happens now i cant even play the thing

Szulu
09.24.2013 , 11:29 AM | #24
Come one, I was playing an hour ago, logged out to have dinner, now I want to log back in and my launcher is "reorganizing data" for ages ;F *** ? What is he reorganizing if there were no patches today ? And why this reorganizning takes so much ? It;s actualy going backwards now lol, had 6% now i have 3 ;/

LukePieWalker
09.24.2013 , 11:42 AM | #25
Has happened to me at least 4 times in so many months. This is really poor service. I have 1gb connection and 33mbps speeds. This shouldn't take longer than a few minutes.
“Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force.”

Tyious
09.24.2013 , 12:11 PM | #26
Yup i have this as well. I never had this until re installed the game using origin. I wonder if this is the issue. I was playing for like 4 hrs this morning came back and opened the game and its now...."reorganizing data". come on devs can we get a reply on this! I got a bounty hunter to get to 55!
Major Tyious Combat Medic Trooper
NiM content healer
GSF Ace
http://www.redemption-swtor.com/
Playing Since Beta, Owner of Collector's Edition!

Tyious
09.24.2013 , 12:13 PM | #27
i found this today....

9/24/2013
Launcher Update Patch Notes
Updates to Streaming Mode
Selecting German in the launcher no longer causes all three languages to download. If you are currently using Streaming mode and playing in German, you can remove the following files from the “Assets” directory in your SWTOR install directory: swtor_fr-fr_*.tor and swtor_en-us_*.tor.
Selecting French in the launcher no longer causes English and French to download. If you are currently using Streaming mode and playing in French, you can remove the following files from the “Assets” directory in your SWTOR install directory: swtor_en-us_*.tor.
The in-game progress bar will now complete to 100% as intended and no longer requires a restart before players can travel off Origin Worlds.
Account names beginning with a dash (“-“) can now launch the game as intended.
BitRaider (Streaming) components no longer fail to stop after exiting the Launcher.
Major Tyious Combat Medic Trooper
NiM content healer
GSF Ace
http://www.redemption-swtor.com/
Playing Since Beta, Owner of Collector's Edition!

RoriBeedm
09.24.2013 , 12:23 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Draqsko View Post
Customer Service is not acknowledging the issue with Bit Raider streaming patcher. Here's how to turn it off, however doing this will mean you have to patch the game from scratch (it'll be a big download but once it's done, no more headaches)

Here is how:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...21&postcount=9

Good luck, and trust me, after dealing with that crap for 2 weeks after they released the ST launcher (I happened to reinstall from scratch the day after it released), I manually switched it back to the old method of patching, now most patches are done and installed before I can even finish reading over the patch notes.

Note to CS reps, quit making people post logs for DirectX, launcher logs, reliability reports, etc. The issue is often times not their systems but Bit Raider. It's horribly slow, and horribly atrocitous at patching.
Thanks for the fix.
Squadron 11-11-11
Never Forget

Hyperthron
09.24.2013 , 12:23 PM | #29
Same problem here. And i resubbed two days ago. This is terrible. Small patch takes hours.
Clear skies.

DarthZaul
09.24.2013 , 12:41 PM | #30
It took about 20 mins to reorganize data and now its taking about another 20 to download the patch

Nope... its taking even longer its slowed to a crawl at 37%