Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The 10 Rules of Marauders

discbox
08.16.2013 , 12:28 PM | #11
With a Marauder in the group I no more try to CC anything.

Klintrin
08.16.2013 , 12:42 PM | #12
After taking your advice, I got amazing results. I did everything you said in a WZ, and got 2 MVP votes and 19 deaths.
klinti

<nerd on nerd violence>

ApostleThirst
08.16.2013 , 12:48 PM | #13
I'm guilty of pulling aggro... but other than that I like to think I do pretty well. I know I pull my own weight, especially when it comes to handling mobs with mah RAGE spec.

Also, dual lightsaber throw is ridiculously easy to avoid hitting a CC'd guy with. I am not sure why this is a problem with other mara's?

xAraen
08.16.2013 , 01:00 PM | #14
It seems i've forgotten many rules of marauders that i'll be adding overtime as i remember them. :P

curtkram
08.16.2013 , 01:02 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by ApostleThirst View Post
I'm guilty of pulling aggro... but other than that I like to think I do pretty well. I know I pull my own weight, especially when it comes to handling mobs with mah RAGE spec.

Also, dual lightsaber throw is ridiculously easy to avoid hitting a CC'd guy with. I am not sure why this is a problem with other mara's?
because we're marauders, and that's what we do. we know that if we turned around and faced the other direction, it wouldn't break the cc. that's why we don't turn around. our massive awesome damage can take out the mobs anyway.

Savej
08.16.2013 , 01:10 PM | #16
13) Always do a hop into the air before you charge. It's important.

Malastare
08.16.2013 , 01:37 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Savej View Post
13) Always do a hop into the air before you charge. It's important.
Dude. It is important. The little extra height and velocity really demoralizes the target, by announcing just how cool you are.

That said, there is some practicality in doing this, especially as a tank-jugg/guardian. The Charge/Leap animation often gets rendered as a simple teleport across medium-latency connections, while a simple jump almost always renders the full animation. Thus, when my group sees me jump, they get a half-second notice that I'm about to Charge/Leap to my target.

Tachenko_Yuri
08.16.2013 , 01:40 PM | #18
All of a sudden i feel the urge of ditching my powertech alt to get myself a mara.
Current Main: Lynette Walkhar
Commando - Eternal Warrior - The Red Eclipse - Conquerer of Quesh/Voss/Makeb/Balmorra - Potentiae Guild

curtkram
08.16.2013 , 01:52 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Malastare View Post
Dude. It is important. The little extra height and velocity really demoralizes the target, by announcing just how cool you are.

That said, there is some practicality in doing this, especially as a tank-jugg/guardian. The Charge/Leap animation often gets rendered as a simple teleport across medium-latency connections, while a simple jump almost always renders the full animation. Thus, when my group sees me jump, they get a half-second notice that I'm about to Charge/Leap to my target.
i feel i should point out us marauders are also tanks. or at least, we think we are.

akabane_k
08.16.2013 , 02:05 PM | #20
another rule, when tank is trying to get aoe threat, use all your single target burst on the biggest mob and then complain when it kills you.

also never use a threat drops, they are for sissies