Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The 10 Rules of Marauders

xAraen
08.16.2013 , 11:48 AM | #1
Rules of a Marauder by Xeous/Araenos

Rule #1 of Marauders: Remember you're a tank, You always need to engage first.
Rule #2 of Marauders: If you're not wearing eradicator your not cool.
Rule #3 of Marauders: If you die its never your fault, Always blame the tank or healer for not doing their job.
Rule #4 of Marauders: If you can dodge an AOE you're not a marauder.
Rule #5 of Marauders: Always stand in AOE's as a marauder this will keep your healer on his toes.
Rule #6 of Marauders: As a Marauder it's very important to follow up with the CC'd targets they're always #1 priority.
Rule #7 of Marauders: As a Marauder filling your rage is most important spam your basic attacks only and keep your rage at 100%
Rule #8 of Marauders: When your tank is running fast through the flashpoint be sure to pull as much of the skipped trash mobs as you can. Don't want the tank to forget about you
Rule #9 of Marauders: Remember as a Marauder you're instantly the leader of the group, Never listen to the tank or healers they're just ignorant.
Rule #10 of Marauders: You're the most important as long as you're in Eradicator or Revan's outfit, Remember to show of how cool you are with your outfit when jumping in first.
Rule #11 of Marauders: Remember as a marauder it's the healers job to keep you at 100% between fights, NEVER HEAL YOURSELF. (Thanks for suggestion by Monthigos)
Rule #12 of Marauders: Always use dual lightsaber throw to pull the mobs behind what you're currently fighting, it's always a good way to keep the fight exciting.
Rule #13 of Marauders: When the "tank" calls out specific targets alway attack the wrong one to steal agro from him. We all know Marauders are the real tanks.
Rule #14 of Marauders: When fighting a boss that cast tons of skills be sure to yell at everyone else to interupt but remember its never your job to interupt them. If he cast it be sure to blame the tank for being a n00b.

These rules were confirmed by the official EMC (Eradicated Marauder Council) but were written by a Tank/Healer. If you see me around Jedi Cov and you're a Marauder tell me thanks for the tips

ImpactHound
08.16.2013 , 11:54 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by xAraen View Post
Remember you're a tank, You always need to engage first.
When your tank is running fast through the flashpoint be sure to pull as much of the skipped trash mobs as you can. Don't want the tank to forget about you
I lol'd.

curtkram
08.16.2013 , 11:59 AM | #3
mostly true. my marauder does not wear cartel armor though. also, i listen to the tank. obviously that doesn't make me pull less, and i'm not going to step out of an aoe if my ravage is casting, but i will happily listen while they tell me about how aggro works. there is a fair chance i will pull a mob or 2 in while they're explaining too. i have burst dps, and it's more important for me to finish by burn cycle than it is to worry about the group's survival.

double saber throw. best ability in the game to break a cc. you're only a neophyte mara until you can break cc and pull aggro off the tank with a double saber throw.

Callaron
08.16.2013 , 12:00 PM | #4
Apparently I suck as a Marauder. =/
At least my Juggy is wearing an Eradicator's outfit... so maybe it's not at total loss after all.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Want more Class stories? Let Bioware know!

crazylegoman
08.16.2013 , 12:04 PM | #5
From what I've seen, these wonderful rules also apply to sentinels. Just a heads up that Imps can't have all the double lightsaber fun.
Illuminatus Forum Thread: here. Website: here.

Click my refer a friend link, get free stuff! http://www.swtor.com/r/vC7qfD

AGSThomas
08.16.2013 , 12:11 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by xAraen View Post
[Rule #2 of Marauders: If you're not wearing eradicator your not cool.
*you're
Med´vh - Deception Assassin (PvP DPS)
D´omedes - Vengeance Juggernaut (PvP DPS)
Server: 5 Prophecies

venomlash
08.16.2013 , 12:19 PM | #7
#1 is absolutely true. There's always that one guy who feels the need to go flying in before the tank...
Quote: Originally Posted by MichelleArcher View Post
Hey there, all! This thread has passed the dreaded 1,000 post limit, and is now in fire. Thanks for the fun, but we feel this discussion as run its course. We will not be restarting this thread.
Jarrant Gartin, Gunnery Commando, Spark of Hope, Begeren Colony

curtkram
08.16.2013 , 12:23 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by venomlash View Post
#1 is absolutely true. There's always that one guy who feels the need to go flying in before the tank...
they gave us a leap for a reason

hadoken
08.16.2013 , 12:26 PM | #9
I've actually seen more shameful behavior from assassins lately than marauders.

Monthigos
08.16.2013 , 12:27 PM | #10
11. It's the healer's responsibility to keep the Marauder healed between fights. If I die because I ran into battle with half health, it's the healer's fault.

:P
Forum Winner