Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Massive Server Lag

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Transcendent
09.23.2013 , 05:11 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by RoriBeedm View Post
Likewise, the European servers are connected to Telia.net which is notorious for it's packet loss issues in World of Tanks.
Not just World of Tanks, World of Warcraft uses them as well. Worst provider ever. Sadly it's literally a reminder of the old GameSpy server days and the utter trash service they provided games.

Still, on the plus side, i've got no latency issues. Just lots of disconnects.

Mentor_
09.25.2013 , 02:17 PM | #42
Here some pingplotter-images from our prime-time in Germany (T3-M4). ISP ist T-Online.

http://i.imgur.com/esV8Vda.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/2fD8bq0.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ZOSiWr1.jpg

bsbrad
09.25.2013 , 02:25 PM | #43
On Begeren Colony the last week has been hell for my guildies. One guildie couldn't update the patch and had to do a re-install at which on Sun it took 4+ hours to download due to the server connection. When he finally got on every character he has was just falling through the fleet.

A second guildie is still having issues where he can log on but within 5 mins the server kicks him.

Then this morning 6-7AM PST I was having extreme lag spikes on various planets, incl Ilum and the Czerka dailies.

All three of us live in different locations (CA, Hawaii, WA) and use 3 different ISPs so it appears the issue is more likely to be in Austin or possible overload on the throughput. My guess would be the bottleneck is with the company BW uses.

This is seriously cutting into our gameplay especially for high-level raid content, as two of our more dedicated raiders are struggling to play the game.
N'abi
Begeren Colony
The answer is easy the question is not....oh who am I kidding!!!.

Jacks-mask
09.25.2013 , 02:44 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Elminster_cs View Post
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=678821&page=7

7 page of explanation on my problem, even 3 in game ticket closed by this Mark that always copy/paste the answer.
I'm paying for game time that i can't play, because the problem is SERVER SIDE.
Really anger with this situation. No one care.
My problem is practically identical, most annoying part is indeed recieving a copy and pasted email containing no consideration for the players' issues. What server are you on? Still no response about lag on The Progenitor EU.

Jacks-mask
10.07.2013 , 01:24 PM | #45
I'll be honest, getting asked about Trace Information isn't really helping, anybody got any useful advice/response yet?

Missandei
10.07.2013 , 02:29 PM | #46
The arenas is 4x4 and even there you get massive Server lag.. thats so fail.. so fail Bioware
Missandei Shadow ...yet shadows can kill. And oft-times a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

Auribiel
10.07.2013 , 03:46 PM | #47
Same here, only minor lags on the fleet (120+ chars on), but at the arenas or pvp (8-16 players) it's lagging like... you know.

As said in another thread: it's annoying to recognize you died some seconds ago and are still trying to heal yourself or others up.

Do something! Or give refunds!

MikeTheDuke
10.07.2013 , 04:07 PM | #48
Didn't anyone ask if they turned on the annoying amount of lag switch on.
Looking at the routing path in the above.net look like their load balancing is having your shuffled around the place before getting to the main point.

I also find it interesting how everyone wants to blame BioWare and EA (it is their game), and think it is almost a deliberate act on their part. lag is part and parcel of any network game when there is copious amounts of traffic, factors like load balancing, fibre channels, multiple nics in servers, etc... can help alieve the issue, but it will not fix it. you see numbers on fleet, about 180 per instance (the reduction from the 250 that is was, was to help reduce the latency, which it did, as this was the server process causing it). But, think that if there are 3 instances of fleet, each planet with 1 or 2 instances , new areas with 3-4. I remember seeing CZ-198 with 8 instances at one point. And this is just on the republic side, double it or more for imp and you get to see the kinds of numbers that are coming into each server. All of this is coming through the same pipe.

Get a funnel, fill it with water slowly, it can cope, increase the amount of water that goes into the funnel and you will find that it can't cope and will overflow. This is a basic understanding of how the traffic is coming in. From all over the world, different lines all come into the one point, and it can't cope with the load, some people are at the receiving end of this bottleneck and get the bad ping and then eventual disconnection.

I hope this helps some more, but I think a lot of people have helped explain it really well.
I post about Star Wars on my blog. Check it out
http://xnagamedeveloper.wordpress.co...ory/star-wars/
MikeDodgers @YouTube

Jacks-mask
10.08.2013 , 12:50 AM | #49
That makes perfect sense, not gonna' take it from you.

But it doesn't mean I'm not getting annoyed anymore because being disconnected every night is very frustrating, even more so when you are the only one out of the people you generally play with. There must be a way around it, because I can't play like this anymore, I like this game and all but at around 7:30 pm GMT it shoots way up every night when in the middle of the only time during the week where I can play.

OwenBrooks
10.08.2013 , 01:02 AM | #50
As a test do you still get disconnected using the 30 day free trial of www.wtfast.com or see if this helps at all - http://www.wowinterface.com/download...atencyFix.html

have you deleted the DiskCacheArena file at all ? ( but you describe normal congestion during peak times, even happens at ISP level at times, only tests will identify where)

But I'll be honest you need to troubleshoot if this continues and it is likely the only way to try and find a cause.

Like you said why is it you of your group that you play with ? "shakes crystal ball" came up " LeeRoy" all I got on that answer so far.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jacks-mask View Post
I'll be honest, getting asked about Trace Information isn't really helping, anybody got any useful advice/response yet?