Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New FPs: HM Overtuned, SM Too Easy?

belialle
08.07.2013 , 02:29 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Jimvinny View Post
I was hoping for pre-pre-pre-nerf Lost Island, and got nothing even close. If anything, the HM's should be harder.
^^^ This ^^^

I had so much fun healing LI when it was brand new, and I was looking forward to more of that. It was really, really fun and challenging, but we still managed to clear the whole thing on the night it was introduced (including the bonus boss), and I even won that little black Rakling pet guy, which made my night because I'm into that kind of thing sometimes. He matched my outfit.

Unfortunately, I found that these new FPs were disappointingly easy to heal. Nightmare modes would be amazing! I haven't bothered to try the SM yet. Based on what I saw of the HM, I'm sure it would be a major, major snooze-fest.

KeyboardNinja
08.07.2013 , 02:30 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Falver View Post
I think you made the most important statement there with the terrible healer. Having a deal-breaking player in the mix doesn't make the Flashpoint itself overtuned or too difficult, it just made that particular run horrendous. Should we consider this flashpoint overtuned because players are getting stomped?
Of course not. Despite my opposing tone in reply to your post, I don't think these instances are anywhere near overtuned, and I would absolutely hate to see Bioware nerf them. Like you, I was looking forward to a bit of 4 man wipe action, and it just didn't happen. I'd like to see something a lot harder than what they gave us, but I do recognize that a reasonable segment of the population finds the new HMs challenging in their existing form, and I don't really hold that against them.

So, backing up to the OP: they're really, really not overtuned.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

TrillOG-
08.07.2013 , 03:21 PM | #23
Oh no, please stop before it begins. These fps are a joke at best. We steamrolled through them even without knowing the mechanics. We had 1 wipe on the sandstorm boss and that was it, and that was due to being unsure of what to expect. We figured going over dulfy would make them even more of a joke, which would have been true. If you are wiping, its user error, the fights are not overtuned, AT ALL. If anything they are undertuned, sick of these people going into HARD mode and saying omg we wiped NERF ASAP PLZ B4 I UNSUB ITZ 2 HRD!!! Learn the fps, you won't wipe, sounds to me you got through them, overtuned? I think not.

Qvasar
08.07.2013 , 04:07 PM | #24
Are you insane? The new HM flashpoints are boring not hard!

Quote: Originally Posted by Elizar_Naki View Post
CZ-8X on HM took us about 3 or 4 tries to be able to down him, largely because his Charged Plating attack would drop us to 30% or lower if we weren't quick enough to get out of it or if we got pulled back into it.
Didn't know tactics, for the first two charged plating attacks didn't even move and still no one died. Boss one-shotted.

Zokar stonewalled us on HM.
Our healer got locked out of room on the first pull, still got boss down to ~10% without healer. Killed it on second pull with healer.

we ARE competent and decently geared.
The run I described was a LFG pug. Vanguard Tank was in PvP gear, Scoundrel healer in 69/72; Sentinel DPS #1 in 72/75; Sentinel DPS #2 in 69/72;

We literally spent a couple hours trying to bash past the HM version of one of the new FPs and failed
How?!

if the HM versions are supposed to be on the same challenge <snip> If, on the other hand, they're SUPPOSED to be this hard, then fine, leave them alone--but put them on a different Group Finder tier so those of us who aren't good enough to beat them yet can still clear the 55 HM weekly without having to abandon and requeue every time we get one of the two new ones.
Of course they are supposed to be HARD! What do you think the "H" stands for? The problem is that all flashpoints currently on the LFG (these two included of course) are a walk in the park and boring to the point of no one wanting to do them.

Honestly enough is enough! Every time new content comes out there is always someone crying for a nerf! Just because YOU can't do it, it doesn't mean it requires a nerf. Deal with it, move to an easier game, but stop attempting to destroy the game for everyone else!

Ocho-Quatro
08.07.2013 , 04:14 PM | #25
I have tanked Core Meltdown on my 69/72 Assassin (twice in fact, second run was all 1-shots). First run was learning mechanics... wiped once on the desert boss because I didn't know what the mechanic was. Second attempt cleared. On the jungle boss, we one-shotted. And we 2-shotted the last boss, because a DPS dc'd mid fight, so we missed enrage. Overall a fun flashpoint, not overtuned in my opinion.

I have DPS'd Labs on my 69/72 Mercenary. Everything was 1-shot, even tho the undergeared Sorc dps we had with us kept standing in the reticules and getting 1-shotted.

I really really really hope that these FPs don't get nerfed.
TOROCast - Star Wars: The Old Republic's Longest Running Fan Podcast
Apos'trophe Sage - Apostrophé Scoundrel - Period Vanguard - Parentheses Shadow - Proper Guardian - Quotation Sentinel
Aster'isk
Mercenary - Back'slash Assassin - Per'iod Operative
The Punctuation Legacy

VigDiath
08.07.2013 , 04:19 PM | #26
SM is supposed to be easy. It's listed as a +2 FP. You could have probably just entered the instance and demolished it with 2 people with companions.

Ran in HM with a PUG probably 3 times in a row (it was all I got this morning) and we didn't run into any issues except with the last boss in Core Meltdown. We died once and after that figure out what we were doing wrong.

Zokar was pretty easy in HM. The droid in the water was about the hardest part in HM. He kept pulling random people into the water and it didn't give the healer enough time to react. However we did not die once during this encounter.

TL/DR? SM is +2 and designed to offer a challenge with 2 people going in. Not 4. With 4 you are OP.
HM offers a challenge, but it was pretty simple once we understood the mechanics of the encounters.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

Docmal
08.07.2013 , 04:28 PM | #27
Wow...

I am not normally one of those people who shout "Learn to Play!" but this is too much. These new flash points are a joke. If they are to hard for you I suggest you leave this game.

In Hard mode we were screwing around while we learned the mechanics, not even trying and we one shot the whole thing without a worry. In a couple fights one of our dps was being slow and got locked out of the fights because doors closed. We still didn't break a sweat.

On my DPS guardian with a decently geared treek I was able to SOLO the story mode flashpoints. I soloed labs in a 1 shot and I only died a couple times to the bosses in meltdown.

Jeweledleah
08.07.2013 , 04:34 PM | #28
story mode flashpoints are meant for 2 people. it even says so on the quest - 2 +

and to be honest? I LIKE this difficulty because it means I can solo them whenever I feel like it

Ansalem
08.07.2013 , 04:42 PM | #29
Everything in this game is too easy. Welcome to the game

MustangKing
08.07.2013 , 04:54 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
Everything in this game is too easy. Welcome to the game
Except that one mathematically impossible fight...right?