Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New FPs: HM Overtuned, SM Too Easy?

Makillda
08.14.2013 , 10:43 PM | #151
Quote: Originally Posted by Icestar View Post
You did this one time and use only that experience for your statement?

I base my conclusion of over PUG 10+ HM kills on that droid boss where it sometimes enraged while we killed it. I have 14 level 55s (very soon 16) in various itemlevels.

Yes ofcourse it is possible to kill the droid, I only hope Bioware has some kind of testing team that can verify if the enrage timer is working as intended. It is not a insane achievement to kill it with minimum gear, I simply state it needs tweaking.

It is not extremely hard to do, but the enrage timer needs to be looked at a second time or perhaps a third. Do not be surprised if it shows up either as a stealth change or in the patchnotes in the near future. The difficulty of the boss is fine with its electrical water, I am only refering to the enrage timer.

It is not tuned for a pug wearing minimum gear, no way it is equal to the rest of the bosses in other HMs where you almost can sleep your way through.
I have tanked, healed and dpsed this boss many times. I have never seen the enrage timer, even when carrying dps with less than 24k hp. I'm sorry if facerolling your kb produces less than desired results but to say the content needs to be nerfed because people can't drool their way through is totally ridiculous.

Prototypemind
08.14.2013 , 11:38 PM | #152
Honestly I thought we were missing some trick on that bot. I checked the DPS' gear and nothing looked off, mostly 156 or better with a decent spread of mods for both but it was like they weren't touching him. Took forever to kill the bot off and it was a near thing at times as the healer was still building her gear up and had some slightly low items in there. Enrage timer didn't seem to short by any means, just seemed like the boss took way too long to go down. No problems on the security chief or Rasmus, bot only.

Icestar
08.15.2013 , 01:31 AM | #153
Quote: Originally Posted by Makillda View Post
I have tanked, healed and dpsed this boss many times. I have never seen the enrage timer, even when carrying dps with less than 24k hp. I'm sorry if facerolling your kb produces less than desired results but to say the content needs to be nerfed because people can't drool their way through is totally ridiculous.
What are you suppose to faceroll? You clearly states you carry the dps meaning you have better gear.

Besides, the feedback in this thread from several players and the feedback I have gathered by my own observations and from other players in the game justifies my statement about a too short enrage timer.

Supposed to drool their way through? You must have missread my post I am talking about a enrage timer NOT about drooling through anything.
"Though free to think and act, we are held together, like the stars in the firmament, with ties inseparable. These ties cannot, be seen, but, we can feel them"
- Nikola Tesla

Makillda
08.15.2013 , 03:41 PM | #154
Besides, the feedback in this thread from several players and the feedback I have gathered by my own observations and from other players in the game justifies my statement about a too short enrage timer.
I didn't even realize that fight had an enrage timer. Neither has anyone I've run the fp with. Quit hanging around bads.

Icestar
08.15.2013 , 09:29 PM | #155
I didn't even realize that fight had an enrage timer. Neither has anyone I've run the fp with. Quit hanging around bads.
Then all is fine and dandy and you can gladly go back to raidning nightmaremodes or whatver you do for fun.

Regarding your almost rude statement "Quit hanging around bads", well I have news for you that if you solo queue groupfinder you can not decide yourself who to team up with. It is the luck of the draw and that is exactly how I prefer it and many with me. The community consists of lots of fun players, the groupfinder makes it possible to meet them. Some of my chars actually found very nice guilds only by doing a random FP and chatted meanwhile.

Some "hardcore players" like to think of this game as a job and raid 3-4 times a week or even more to get the best gear, some simply like to use the groupfinder once in a while. If the groupfinder says a certain item level is alright, then the player has to be certain that the FP is doable and not impossible.

The content released to the public should not only have hardcore players in mind because this is not a hardcore game. It has to be able to cater to the general playerbase, and before that is achieved some finetuning is always needed.

A few elitist roflstomp players might try to show off how easy bosses are with their previous tactic training and a well equipped characters. I laugh every time since it is all about showing off, then actually give valid feedback to the game that can help the DEVS.
"Though free to think and act, we are held together, like the stars in the firmament, with ties inseparable. These ties cannot, be seen, but, we can feel them"
- Nikola Tesla

TheNegotiator
08.17.2013 , 04:45 PM | #156
Go back to the PvP forums loser. The only way you are not enraging the hard mode shockbot with 24k dps is if they are both ranged, even then it's still a reach.

Krewel
08.17.2013 , 06:23 PM | #157
Then all is fine and dandy and you can gladly go back to raidning nightmaremodes or whatver you do for fun.

Regarding your almost rude statement "Quit hanging around bads", well I have news for you that if you solo queue groupfinder you can not decide yourself who to team up with. It is the luck of the draw and that is exactly how I prefer it and many with me. The community consists of lots of fun players, the groupfinder makes it possible to meet them. Some of my chars actually found very nice guilds only by doing a random FP and chatted meanwhile.

Some "hardcore players" like to think of this game as a job and raid 3-4 times a week or even more to get the best gear, some simply like to use the groupfinder once in a while. If the groupfinder says a certain item level is alright, then the player has to be certain that the FP is doable and not impossible.

The content released to the public should not only have hardcore players in mind because this is not a hardcore game. It has to be able to cater to the general playerbase, and before that is achieved some finetuning is always needed.

A few elitist roflstomp players might try to show off how easy bosses are with their previous tactic training and a well equipped characters. I laugh every time since it is all about showing off, then actually give valid feedback to the game that can help the DEVS.
LoL so many dissertations from bad players, jeez. I pug this underwhelming FP every day (for the crazy achievements - "complete X FP 25 times") and I saw the enrage only once and only because one guy DC-ed. It felt like 15 mins or something, it was really long before the enrage, could have dinner in the meantime. So, what is the problem again? Seriously, this boss has to have the longest enrage timer ever and you're whining about it being too short, are you for real?
Former passionate SWTOR player, now passionately waiting for WoD.

Radzkie
08.17.2013 , 07:46 PM | #158
So I was bored out of my mind a few days ago, and decided to actually PUG one of the new HM FPs. Got paired with a decent tank and two lowly geared DPSers. One DPS had 27k HP, the other 24K. We never hit the enrage timer on any of the bosses. After that, they asked me to heal the other new FP. And again, we never hit the enrage timers. They weren't alts in a hardcore guild or veteran players. Just seemed like normal newbies to me.

The only way I could see a group hitting enrage timer on those bosses is if their DPSers spammed one skill the whole time. lol

HAMMER SHOT HAMMER SHOT HAMMER SHOT!

Icestar
08.18.2013 , 05:49 AM | #159
Quote: Originally Posted by Krewel View Post
LoL so many dissertations from bad players, jeez. I pug this underwhelming FP every day (for the crazy achievements - "complete X FP 25 times") and I saw the enrage only once and only because one guy DC-ed. It felt like 15 mins or something, it was really long before the enrage, could have dinner in the meantime. So, what is the problem again? Seriously, this boss has to have the longest enrage timer ever and you're whining about it being too short, are you for real?
You have your opinion and I and many other players with me have ours.

I have seen the enrage several times with random PUGs and it deserves to be looked into by Bioware.

You must have played very few HMs if you consider this boss to have the longest enrage timer. I suggest you measure the enrage timer on several other bosses before you are certain of what you say is true.

It is the ENRAGE TIMER on the droid I am refering to, not a nerf of the difficulty of the boss so stop writing that I whine about the boss I simply want it balanced according to other bosses at that heroic level.
- Nikola Tesla

Ausgelebt
08.18.2013 , 06:15 AM | #160
Basically we ignore all mechanics and just zerg down the ****. Goes way faster.