Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Respawns in arenas?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Respawns in arenas?

irojoz
07.26.2013 , 07:17 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by JidaiDerriphan View Post
Will there be respawns in 2.4 arenas (and a kill limit), or is it deathmatch 4v4 no respawns first to kill enemy team?
You want a 4v4 warzone, not arenas.

madtycoon
07.26.2013 , 07:45 AM | #12
I wonder if rezzing will be allowed. Rezzing in its current state would favor classes with out of combat vanishes and though its a relatively long channel, it could be pretty easy to get off.

Then there's battle rezs. Will they be allowed? The cast is very short and hard to stop. I really hope they consider rezzing before they implement arenas.

Mr_Elotes
07.26.2013 , 07:55 AM | #13
I just hope that what happened in city of heroes doesn't happen here when they introduce arenas. Dependent on the scoring system (time or kills) a group of stealthers would go in, kill one person, hide the rest of the time and win with a score of 1-0. Guess just going to have to wait and see.
<ISWHODUNIT>
Snuck'in, R'senole, Snucks, Snuck'out
Unsober PVPer

madtycoon
07.26.2013 , 08:06 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Mr_Elotes View Post
I just hope that what happened in city of heroes doesn't happen here when they introduce arenas. Dependent on the scoring system (time or kills) a group of stealthers would go in, kill one person, hide the rest of the time and win with a score of 1-0. Guess just going to have to wait and see.
Yeah, I wonder if they are going to add a stealth detection that spawns over time. Never even thought about that.

galaxivurse
07.26.2013 , 08:25 AM | #15
If there weren't respawns the team who scored the first kill would almost surely win every time. This would really put a damper on the potential of a comeback.

A deathmatch style game just means the objective is to rack up kills. It has nothing to do with the concept of no respawns.

If they did incorporate no respawns it would be cool if they made it possible for your team to make its way to some objective point in order to get the rez--maybe a randomly appearing objective point? I dunno, just a thought.
Wahylee - Scoundrel

jedcjedcjedc
07.26.2013 , 11:53 AM | #16
I love how everyone thinks they know exactly what arenas are and that they can only be some set in stone thing cause of WoW. newsflash people, this isn't WoW.

LaVall
07.26.2013 , 12:08 PM | #17
I wouldn't be in favor of respawns, but I'd hope the matches are the best out of 3 so that we don't load an arena only for it to end in a minute.
Ardevall - 55 Combat Sentinel
Lamissa - 55 Arsenal Mercenary
Nyemrite - 55 Madness Sorcerer
Ultanum - 55 Vengeance Juggernaut

cashogy_reborn
07.26.2013 , 12:22 PM | #18
it should be 1 life per round and best of 3 or 5 rounds, with switching spawns each round
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Banderal
07.26.2013 , 12:32 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
it should be 1 life per round and best of 3 or 5 rounds, with switching spawns each round
I'll third this idea. This is what I'd like. Except I don't know what "switching spawns" means - does that mean you start from different sides each round (sort of like VS does?).
Flintstones, Jetsons, Cry'MeAnOcean - Harbringer

foxmob
07.26.2013 , 12:40 PM | #20
I would prefer best of 3. get faster games. quicker ratings. better matchmaking.
A legacy of meh
Krackerjšck/Krackerjak (VG/PT) | Krackerjack/Deinon (Mando/Merc) | Dežnon (Jugg) | other stuffs
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.