Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Respawns in arenas?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Respawns in arenas?

JidaiDerriphan
07.25.2013 , 08:20 PM | #1
Will there be respawns in 2.4 arenas (and a kill limit), or is it deathmatch 4v4 no respawns first to kill enemy team?

My Refer a Friend link*: Http://www.swtor.com/r/fhKgVR
*7 Days of FREE subscription, a FREE Character Transfer, and Box of goodies (that includes a free inventory row) you'll receive via in-game mail on ALL of your characters!

Selout
07.25.2013 , 09:08 PM | #2
Lord no. Lol. It's gonna be 1 life per round. At least it better be.

JidaiDerriphan
07.25.2013 , 10:09 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Selout View Post
Lord no. Lol. It's gonna be 1 life per round. At least it better be.
So that is a speculation? Have any developers commented on whether there will be respawns?

My Refer a Friend link*: Http://www.swtor.com/r/fhKgVR
*7 Days of FREE subscription, a FREE Character Transfer, and Box of goodies (that includes a free inventory row) you'll receive via in-game mail on ALL of your characters!

Selout
07.25.2013 , 10:21 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by JidaiDerriphan View Post
So that is a speculation? Have any developers commented on whether there will be respawns?
As far as I can remember, they said it will be deathmatch style. I couldn't find the thread/blog if you asked me to. Someone else might be able to. I know there is supposedly some "blog update" coming soon.

Raansu
07.25.2013 , 10:30 PM | #5
They haven't specified anything beyond the fact that it is a deathmatch. I can't see the point of having respawns though.

jedcjedcjedc
07.26.2013 , 12:24 AM | #6
i hope they have respawns, i mean wheres the fun in having a match that's under 2 minutes? theres already bad que times to begin with, when i join a wz, i want to get my moneys worth out of it, not finish in a minute and a half then wait 5-10 minutes que'ing again...

Raansu
07.26.2013 , 12:58 AM | #7
Respawns completely defeat the purpose of arenas....

Don't want to die? Don't be terrible and bring competent teammates.

jedcjedcjedc
07.26.2013 , 01:35 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
Respawns completely defeat the purpose of arenas....

Don't want to die? Don't be terrible and bring competent teammates.
because people that aren't terrible dont ever die and their arena fights still continue after years have passed. I too can be sardonic, sir. the fact is, most arena fights will be over practically before they begin without respawns, at the very least there could be two seperate que options one with respawns and the other without, for those who want their games to be over in sync with the latest commercial break of their preferred television program.

hallucigenocide
07.26.2013 , 04:34 AM | #9
if you bring the wrong comp sure it'll be over in seconds... but same as wow it'll probably the same comps stalemating it out until one gives up out of boredom or someone messes up.

Dragores
07.26.2013 , 05:35 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by jedcjedcjedc View Post
i hope they have respawns, i mean wheres the fun in having a match that's under 2 minutes? theres already bad que times to begin with, when i join a wz, i want to get my moneys worth out of it, not finish in a minute and a half then wait 5-10 minutes que'ing again...
You're joking right?
No respawns is the critical point of arenas and why arenas are the only competitive type of pvp in mmos. the fact that every mistkake of you can and usually will end up in a defeat.
There's no point of having respawns in arenas, it would be like a smaller warzone and not an arena.
Arenas are like Duels with more people.
Agent Kamrov, Concealment
VC - Czerka Corporation

Open your mind. Be formless, shapeless.