Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Synthweaving] Synthweaving decent??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Synthweaving] Synthweaving decent??

Anosa
07.24.2013 , 09:06 PM | #1
I have a 409 synth.... i really never sold anything except mats and just RE'd everything to get max synth... Anywho.... do synth weaving items sell pretty good? i was considering changing to cybertech or something... I just dont see people buying gear that often from my view... at least i dont...
Meow

Schanez
07.25.2013 , 01:15 AM | #2
The problem with Synthweaving, Armormech or Armstech is that the best items in the game are oranges or late game lvl 50-55 PvP gear. I never managed to sell any of my crafted greens, blues or even purples. But as soon as you get your hands on some rare orange schematic you can make some profit. I am currently earning some decent cash on Electrum Onslaught, Mercenary Elite, Hooligan's, Lacqerous Battle and Polyplast Ultramesh. For some reason they sell higher then the others. But getting full sets is very, very hard. I mean really hard, like soloing 3 World Bosses at the same time. You will propably want to visit GTN each hour or two, because some schematics are so rare they do not sit there for long. The easiest way is to focus on chest, leggings and headgear for a base set. Any parts you can craft more will be a welcome add, by most of the players.
Eleya Sizara Pyrotech lvl 31:
- under observation by Imperial Intelligence,
- known Jedi associates,
- currently in The Great Hunt,

Brane_Ded
07.25.2013 , 02:39 AM | #3
Get the +5 Synthweaving crit sensor for your ship droid (you don't need the special droid unlocked, just jump on a friend's ship who already has it and buy it there) and make mk-9 augment slots. On average when you craft 5, you will get 7 if you use the ship droid with that sensor and maxed affection.
Raging Elitists
The Harbinger, US-West

psandak
07.25.2013 , 11:25 AM | #4
Augments, Augments, and more Augments. Synth makes Might (strength), resolve (willpower), redoubt (Defense Rating). The highest level blue quality ones sell VERY well for good profit margin although per unit they do not sell for very much...about 10k on average.

Everything else synth crafts is meh - good for leveling alts and gearing companions.

Anosa
07.25.2013 , 12:06 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
Augments, Augments, and more Augments. Synth makes Might (strength), resolve (willpower), redoubt (Defense Rating). The highest level blue quality ones sell VERY well for good profit margin although per unit they do not sell for very much...about 10k on average.

Everything else synth crafts is meh - good for leveling alts and gearing companions.
thanks
Meow

DayHiker
07.25.2013 , 09:04 PM | #6
Depends on what class you are. Power IMO is a bit better than Strength for Sents in which case Synthweaving is useless. This is due in part to the fact Sents do not have 9% main stat buff every other class has.