Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same-gender romance possible?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Same-gender romance possible?

wagnerloeher
07.24.2013 , 05:48 AM | #1
Is it possible to have same-gender romance with our companions (for instance, making a female imperial agent and achieving romance with Kalyio)? If not, when will it be implemented?

makallitank
07.24.2013 , 05:56 AM | #2
I only started this game a week ago, but from what I can tell, same-gender romance is not in.

It seems like they are working on it, and do intend on having it in-game, but it is taking a while.

Personally, it's something I would love to see, as I think it would enhance my personal gameplay experience.

Tatile
07.24.2013 , 05:58 AM | #3
Nothing with companions as of yet and Bioware has given us literally no word other than the State of the Game Address #2, which said "it's really hard".

We've got a thread going in Story and Lore about it and there are up-coming [Flirt]s with the Bounty Hunter Event Week and there are mini-romances in the Makeb expansion, but thus far Bioware are restricting M/M [Flirt]s to the Imperial side, whereas F/F [Flirt]s are available in both factions.

We don't know if Bioware intends to add SGRAs to existing companions, though many people think they should and Bioware is, at the moment, flat out ignoring this conversation, almost as if [Flirt]s are equivalent.

But, yeah, sorry :/ No love for Kaliyo (even though she's canon bi.)

mistformsquirrel
07.24.2013 , 05:59 AM | #4
Same Gender Romance is something that was promised as a post release feature back when the game launched... it's still not here sadly. The closest we have are some same gender flirt options on Makeb. I'm very much hoping this will change in the future though.

wagnerloeher
07.24.2013 , 06:16 AM | #5
This is SUCH a pity, means I'll take quite a while to try female chars (and listen to their voices), I understand it must be expensive and hard to produce such broad range of option to all character classes and stories, but it's been promised since the beggining, no? How many more years can it possibly take? I'm afraid I'll try female chars after I managed all romances possible then. Good luck to us all, thanks for replying.

Tatile
07.24.2013 , 06:24 AM | #6
I like to think that the 'hard' part is making the quest lines available at the same point as the OGRA's as well as allowing backwards compatibility for those of us who played the damn game while being forced to wait, but it's far more likely to be "how can we make this appeal to the Straight Male Gamer"/"how can we not alienate the Straight Male Gamer", because it's fairly obvious that's who Bioware:Austin's aimed group are

senkaxx
07.24.2013 , 07:17 AM | #7
There isn't a same-gender romance per say, but there are same-gender flirt option on Makeb.
I don't know why people use such big words sometimes. On the other hand, why be a wise-a*s when you can be a sagacious rectum.

Life is the enemy. Death is our solace.

LordShanon
11.12.2013 , 10:57 AM | #8
I wish BioWare would just come out and say "Sorry, we're NOT going to implement this EVER". There are so many players who have been pleading for this feature to be released in game for a few years now.

BioWare, are you going to release a same sex romance option and if so when?

psandak
11.12.2013 , 05:17 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by LordShanon View Post
I wish BioWare would just come out and say "Sorry, we're NOT going to implement this EVER". There are so many players who have been pleading for this feature to be released in game for a few years now.

BioWare, are you going to release a same sex romance option and if so when?
Page from Blizzard: Yes. Soon™

Would you rather they get it right or do it half-assed? Deadlines are not conducive to getting it right. The launch of SWTOR is proof of that; EA set a deadline, forced it on BioWare, and the game launched before it was finished/ready. And BioWare has been playing catch up ever since.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Ulunnes (Commando)
Zaggema (Sin) Daellia (Merc) Carrud (Marauder) Quith'edi'ata (Operative)

high end schematics * best crew skills * crew skill money making * Probability 101
"You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give it to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something else" Steve Jobs

Tatile
11.12.2013 , 05:20 PM | #10
It would be pleasant to know how they consider the future of aforementioned content, considering the stopping of class story content and the move to more "generic" (whatever that means?) story content.