Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Disappointment in cartel packs any one ELSE.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Disappointment in cartel packs any one ELSE.

Inflicktion
07.26.2013 , 01:31 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNahash View Post
If the prices are too low, wait a few days and try again.
Shhh let them keep undercutting each other until the new pack comes around

I haven't bought any extra CC (GTN ftw!) for cartel packs personally, but I do appreciate what they do for the game. Not only are they an additional revenue source for real content; the packs provide us with a regular slew of fluff and stimulate the in-game economy greatly. The only complaint I have is I wish the sit & wait items would last a lot longer for RP purposes.

I see how someone could be against these packs on principle, but BW has by far the best lockbox system I've seen. They're working great in actual effect imo.

Gishank
07.26.2013 , 02:44 AM | #12
The cartel box contents are absolutely random, this is clearly indicated in the description. Are they worth the money? If you're willing to accept the fact that the contents is random, yes. If you get items that you don't paticularly want or need, you can sell them on the GTN or in the case of the rep items (as others have said) vendor them. If you hang on to the items until this pack series is phased out their value will go up dramatically. Currently the rarer items in the Supreme Morgul pack (such as the Pocket Sarlacc) on Tomb of Freedom Nadd go for around 2 - 3mil credits. Then use those credits to buy what you want.

Most games require you also to have "keys" for lockboxes, thankfully SWTOR doesn't.
"And now you run in search of the Jedi. They are all dead, save one—and one broken Jedi cannot stop the darkness that is to come." - Darth Sion

TheBBP
07.26.2013 , 02:49 AM | #13
Why open them when you can sell them and buy what you want out of them from the GTN? If you are going to get mad when you roll the dice and lose, you have only yourself to blame. Either have fun with the randomness of it or play it smarter.
Crosswire - Republic Commando
Commander - The Way of the Maker Christian/Family-rated Guild
Ebon Hawk

Atalantia
07.26.2013 , 02:01 PM | #14
The thing that really irritated me the most is yes I got a epic item or whatever a piece of gear from an earlier cartel, just classic I tell you If i had wanted to try and get that item i probably would have purchased that pack and not the one I did, Organa pants or something like that, but stick a fork in me In done with cartel packs

OH and BTW i'd pay pretty much whatever they wanted for the outfits I want , without all that clutter garbage that's included in the packs
Was before F2P

branmakmuffin
07.26.2013 , 02:06 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Atalantia View Post
Cartel packs are BS. It's a waste of money. RNG basicly is BS in anything I want to buy. I just came back to the game wanted the Mira Jade outift bought two of the packs and got crap all crap I dont want all crap i could give a hoot about.
You expected to get Mira's outfit out of 2 packs? Or did you mean 2 hypercrates?

Superman_AZ
07.26.2013 , 02:12 PM | #16

Funny thing about a gamble. It's never a guarantee and usually ends up costing you more than you wanted to lose.
"Be yourself, no one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong." ~ James Leo Herlihy

MSchuyler
07.26.2013 , 02:21 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by rkjunior View Post
Last I checked, no one has a gun to your head forcing you to spend cartel coins on the packs.
This ^^^^^

If you are buying cartel packs fishing for content, your sanity is at question. It should take buying only one to teach you this lesson. If you buy more than one, it's YOUR problem.

Andryah
07.26.2013 , 02:36 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Inflicktion View Post
Shhh let them keep undercutting each other until the new pack comes around

I haven't bought any extra CC (GTN ftw!) for cartel packs personally, but I do appreciate what they do for the game. Not only are they an additional revenue source for real content; the packs provide us with a regular slew of fluff and stimulate the in-game economy greatly. The only complaint I have is I wish the sit & wait items would last a lot longer for RP purposes.

I see how someone could be against these packs on principle, but BW has by far the best lockbox system I've seen. They're working great in actual effect imo.
100% Agree.
"The internet has enabled so much and empowered so many. But it can also be a place where the basic rules of decency are suspended and pettiness and negativity thrive,” - Tim Cook, Apple CEO

TheSeventhJedi
07.26.2013 , 02:44 PM | #19
I have never bought a pack and thought "Oh cool - that was worth it." It's been quite a while since I've purchased one - I think I've wised up. Maybe if everyone did the same, they'd just start putting all the stuff in it on the CM, and we could buy what we wanted without gambling. I would've spent 10$ worth of CC for that Mira outfit. Gamble for it? No thanks.
Click for free things, please:

http://www.swtor.com/r/GlscnB

(It's a referral link - whether you're a new or returning member,
you'll get all sorts of goodies!)

Atalantia
07.26.2013 , 05:26 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSeventhJedi View Post
I have never bought a pack and thought "Oh cool - that was worth it." It's been quite a while since I've purchased one - I think I've wised up. Maybe if everyone did the same, they'd just start putting all the stuff in it on the CM, and we could buy what we wanted without gambling. I would've spent 10$ worth of CC for that Mira outfit. Gamble for it? No thanks.
Amen to that
Was before F2P