Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stuck after launcher before server select or character select

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Stuck after launcher before server select or character select
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Darth_Sorrow
07.23.2013 , 01:45 PM | #1
After I click play on the launcher, I get to the rise of the hutt cartel sceen and sit there with the spinning icon for ages. I downloaded and installed the game yesterday and was unable to fix the problem before i needed to call it a night. Today after patching, still having the same issue. I have tried everything that I could find posted online to solve this issue. Checking my firewall and virus protection, flushing dns, repairing the launching, etc... Nothing works. I have left it at the screen for 25+ min with no change.

Darth_Sorrow
07.23.2013 , 02:21 PM | #2
After 30 min of sitting at the loading screen, it told me i had been disconnected for being inactive for too long and put me at the server select screen. I selected a different server and am now stuck at the loading screen again.

Bronholz
07.23.2013 , 02:21 PM | #3 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Darth_Sorrow,

Thanks for contacting us.

Have you tried deleting the DiscCacheArena file from the game folders? If not please try this to see if it affects the issue.

Thanks for your patience.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Darth_Sorrow
07.23.2013 , 02:27 PM | #4
Yes, I have before. I did it again just to be safe, but I am still stuck at the same screen.

Darth_Sorrow
07.23.2013 , 02:58 PM | #5
Same error message again after sitting at the screen for 30 min.

You have been logged out due to inactivity. Error Code 14.

for some reason i can not get to the character selection screen

Darth_Sorrow
07.23.2013 , 03:19 PM | #6
Im trying to be patient, but I just resubed to the game yesterday and I havent been able to play it at all. Should i just call tech support?

thaitin
07.23.2013 , 03:36 PM | #7
I have to same problem too , just like yesterday one. Is it only The Ebom Hawk ??

Darth_Sorrow
07.23.2013 , 03:38 PM | #8
For me it is any server. I have tried the harbinger, the shadowlands and begeren colony. I can never get to the character selection screen

thaitin
07.23.2013 , 03:45 PM | #9
I thought this problem was fixed yesterday. its been 2 days now that i cant play -_-

thaitin
07.23.2013 , 03:49 PM | #10
Now its say error code 4001.