Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Graphic Lag

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Fazael
07.23.2013 , 01:38 PM | #1
Hello there!

Since the patch last week I have been having graphic lag in SWTOR. For the most part, the game has been unplayable due to slow down.

Is this currently a known problem?

Thanks!

Bronholz
07.23.2013 , 02:21 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Fazael,

To help us investigate your issue can you please provide us with a Dxdiag.

Before you post it, please remove your PC Name from the DxDiag.

Please post the DxDiag within code tags or spoiler tags

Go to Start menu:
  1. Type dxdiag into the Search/Run box
  2. Select the "Save All Information" button
  3. This will create a dxdiag.txt file(Please remove your PC Name before posting)
Thanks for your patience.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

Fazael
07.23.2013 , 02:54 PM | #3
Hi!

Thanks for the response! I have attached my DxDiag report thingy between the spoiler tags.

Cheers.

Spoiler

Fazael
07.25.2013 , 02:00 PM | #4
Hi,

Sorry to be a bother, is there any response to this? I've been waiting a couple of days for someone to get back to me.

Thanks.

Bronholz
07.25.2013 , 02:46 PM | #5 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Thanks for the Diag, sorry for the delay.

Below are some general steps that I would like you to try:
  • Directx are up-to-date, you may need to download this.
  • Make sure that all Windows updates are installed including any optional updates. You can find this through Windows Update.
  • Start both the launcher and the game in Windows XP compatibility mode – Service Pack 2 for Vista and Service Pack 3 for Windows 7 Users.
  • Run the repair function on the launcher to allow it to check for any damaged or corrupted game files.
  • Make sure that you are using the latest availiable drivers for your Graphics card.
  • Try clearing the game's cache by deleting the 'DiscCacheArena' file from the game folder.
Thanks for your patience.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

Fazael
07.27.2013 , 01:23 PM | #6
Hi,

Thanks for the response! I have tried all of your suggestions, and I'm afraid to say that I'm seeing little to no improvement. Sorry to be a pain!

Thanks.

OwenBrooks
07.27.2013 , 06:56 PM | #7
Check temps of CPU and GPU, common cause of gfx lag is the system throttling performance to lower temps

side note - run this to update motherboard chipset drivers - http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect