Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Just WHAT is the problem with thermal regulators

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Just WHAT is the problem with thermal regulators

psandak
07.25.2013 , 08:35 AM | #11
@Brane_ded,

I thought the base chance for "all others" was 20%?

Gloomycakes
07.25.2013 , 09:05 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
Don't get your hopes up. And even if it were to happen, it would probably be only 1% (what HK gets). The best +crit to slicing is 2%.
HK-51 has a 5% efficiency on missions and 1% critical on CRAFTING crewskill. So no, HK will not provide you better results than any other companion (with the same affection) on slicing (or any other non-crafting skill.)

I have Slicing on almost every toon, 10 or so, and I relog quite a bit when the person I play with has another smoke-break, the results... Ye they're not great. But even now Thermals are 21k on my server, that's about 1/20 (rich) missions that need to crit for profit. I only run the Rich ones and prioritize companions with a critical such as Scorpio and T7, they seem to crit more as they should, but 2% is very minor. Math-wise Bountiful won't result in enough criticals for me to break even now the prices dropped.

psandak
07.25.2013 , 09:13 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Gloomycakes View Post
HK-51 has a 5% efficiency on missions and 1% critical on CRAFTING crewskill. So no, HK will not provide you better results than any other companion (with the same affection) on slicing (or any other non-crafting skill.)

I have Slicing on almost every toon, 10 or so, and I relog quite a bit when the person I play with has another smoke-break, the results... Ye they're not great. But even now Thermals are 21k on my server, that's about 1/20 (rich) missions that need to crit for profit. I only run the Rich ones and prioritize companions with a critical such as Scorpio and T7, they seem to crit more as they should, but 2% is very minor. Math-wise Bountiful won't result in enough criticals for me to break even now the prices dropped.
You missed the point. My point was that even if BW added a ship droid "upgrade" that had slicing crit on it it would probably be a +1%...just like HK.

Dominoris
07.25.2013 , 11:11 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Gloomycakes View Post
But even now Thermals are 21k on my server, that's about 1/20 (rich) missions that need to crit for profit.
I don't know about you but I am getting some what more than a 5% (1/20) crit rate.

4 Thermal Regs on a crit. Sold at 21K each. 84K total.
divided by 20 runs.
That's 4,200 credits gross for each rich mission at 5% crit rate. It does not cost 4K to run a missio, you crit at least twice that much and then there is always trash component returns that can be sold to a vendor at the very least -- wich is what I do since the market is continuously flooded with more than it can use.

For what it's worth, running Watching the Watchdogs (at the better 20% base crit) will not add any significat time spent to sending out crew on missions, will LOWER the cost to acquire by 750 credits each (double crit rate for half the return is a wash but don't forget it has a lower cost) and the credits earned per hour will increase by 50% or more.

For me personally I have figured that it will no longer be worth my time when the price reaches 12,500 credits or less.
I really donít see myself as barely scrapping by with a 20K per Thermal Regulator market price.
Clones are people two.

Brane_Ded
07.26.2013 , 02:09 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
@Brane_ded,

I thought the base chance for "all others" was 20%?
I would agree with you, it feels more like 20% however I used Dulfy's numbers and she has 15% written down.
Raging Elitists
The Harbinger, US-West