Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Knight/Consular

VitalityPrime
07.19.2013 , 09:58 AM | #1
How does the beginning storyline differ for these two classes?

VitalityPrime
07.19.2013 , 10:07 AM | #2
Also, excuse my ignorance...but what exactly is the Consular compared to the Knight?

Do they outrank the Knight?

Do they not start out as Padawans?

What exactly is the Consular?

Aurbere
07.19.2013 , 10:10 AM | #3
The Jedi Consular is simply another path for the Jedi. Like the Jedi Guardian and Jedi Sentinel paths. The Jedi Consular focuses on deepening their connection to the Force. They focus on diplomacy, gathering allies and creating peace.

The Jedi Knight is the martial Jedi class, focused on their lightsaber skill.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"You felt it; the power of hate. The power of the Dark Side. Your eyes are opened. You see now. The power burns more brightly, stronger on the Dark Side. Despite what the Council had taught you, you now know the truth."- Count Dooku

Dominoris
07.19.2013 , 02:23 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by VitalityPrime View Post
How does the beginning storyline differ for these two classes?
Copied from swtor wiki...
==============================
The Jedi Knight arrives by shuttle on Tython, where they are greeted by Derrin Weller, then confronted with the pressing issue of an attack on the Temple's grounds by Flesh Raiders. Upon repelling these Flesh Raiders and helping to free other Padawans, Derren contacts the Knight and sends him to The Gnarls to seal a Flesh raider cave that is allowing the Flesh Raiders easier access to the temple. Inside the cave the Knight discovers a person named Callef, who is assisting the Flesh Raiders with his Force sensitivity. The Knight then defeats Callef and reports back to Orgus Din and Satele Shan.

The Jedi Consular, still a Padawan, lands on Tython where they meet their new master Yuon Par. They immediately learn that Flesh Raiders are attacking the grounds of the Jedi Temple. Normal training is cast aside as the padawan is directed to assist by retrieving four ancient holoprojectors that the Jedi founders created and which are located on the template grounds. After watching and retrieving the first three holoprojectors, the padawan discovers that the fourth holoprojector is missing.
============================

That's pretty much the way the stories go. The Knight AC's fight bosses and the Consular AC's search for knowledge. But the stories differ right at the start. They are both given the task of dealing with the Fleshraiders but they resolve the problem in different ways. The Knight is like a general leading armies and the Consolar is the diplomate that goes out and enlists those arrmies. The Knight takes a power base and smashes any target. The Consular smashes key targets to build a power base. And thus their stories diverge right after they kill thier first few Fleshraider.
Clones are people two.

ScarletBlaze
07.19.2013 , 03:56 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by VitalityPrime View Post
Also, excuse my ignorance...but what exactly is the Consular compared to the Knight?

Do they outrank the Knight?

Do they not start out as Padawans?

What exactly is the Consular?
At the beginning they are the same. Now at the end it is vastly different

Spoiler
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Current Guild Roleplay: Redemption: The battle of Xa Fel https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/r-1rAjOuo30

TalonVII
07.19.2013 , 04:34 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ScarletBlaze View Post
At the beginning they are the same. Now at the end it is vastly different

Spoiler
Spoiler
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight

AlexDougherty
07.20.2013 , 03:08 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
Spoiler
Spoiler
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Darth_Wicked
07.20.2013 , 03:45 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexDougherty View Post
Spoiler
Spoiler
( Let another claim the throne. My place is on the battlefield. )
-- Darth Marr

Path-x
07.20.2013 , 03:45 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexDougherty View Post
Spoiler
Spoiler
Jedi: You won the day, Sith. So, kill me if you must.
Warrior: I must.

Darth_Wicked
07.20.2013 , 05:09 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Path-x View Post
Spoiler
Spoiler
( Let another claim the throne. My place is on the battlefield. )
-- Darth Marr