Any comic book nerds?

Tankboysix

Every now and then, I go down to my local comic shop and check out what they got. There's TONS of star wars comics, but I have no idea which ones to read, or to start.

I've read Dark Empire and Dark Empire II, a little bit of Droids, and quite a bit of the classic 70's marvel Star Wars series.

Have read some Star Wars comics, most notably Crimson Empire, a very, very good series. I wish I could scan it though to post elsewhere, I don't have a scanner and can't find one online. << Ahh well...

Have also read The assassination of Darth Vader, which was a nice one-shot, and also Empire: Betrayal.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

• 2 weeks later...

Some very easy recommendations from personal reading experience:

• Dawn of the Jedi
    Tales of the Jedi
  • Agent of the Empire (ongoing)
  • X-Wing: Rogue Squadron
  • Legacy

That last entry refers to the original Cade Skywalker Legacy series that ended with Legacy - War, not the current ongoing Ania Solo Legacy as I haven't had time to start reading the new incarnation yet.

Other recommendations based on reputation:

• Knights of the Old Republic
  • Knight Errant
  • Republic
  • Darth Vader and the Lost Command
  • Darth Vader and the Ghost Prison
  • Dark Times
  • Empire
  • Rebellion

A simple suggestion when deciding on SW comics to buy is to look for anything by John Ostrander and Jan Duuresema. Yes, their output over the years has been prolific, but it's pretty much impossible to go wrong by picking up their work.

• 2 weeks later...
Some very easy recommendations from personal reading experience:

• Dawn of the Jedi
    Tales of the Jedi
  • Agent of the Empire (ongoing)
  • X-Wing: Rogue Squadron
  • Legacy

That last entry refers to the original Cade Skywalker Legacy series that ended with Legacy - War, not the current ongoing Ania Solo Legacy as I haven't had time to start reading the new incarnation yet.

Other recommendations based on reputation:

• Knights of the Old Republic
  • Knight Errant
  • Republic
  • Darth Vader and the Lost Command
  • Darth Vader and the Ghost Prison
  • Dark Times
  • Empire
  • Rebellion

A simple suggestion when deciding on SW comics to buy is to look for anything by John Ostrander and Jan Duuresema. Yes, their output over the years has been prolific, but it's pretty much impossible to go wrong by picking up their work.

I've read pretty much all of those including the second list. I love them all. Personally, my recommendations would be:

Tales of the Jedi (this is where I got my start and has some of the best history of the ancient Jedi and Sith)

Legacy (Skywalker legacy with some great reveals - also contains a story arc (Vector) spanning 4 different comics)

Knights of the Old Republic (this is my personal favorite since it's set in the time of Revan and Malak)

Dark Times (set right after Order 66 it follows Jedi who each have made their own path and has some surprises)

Rebellion (another good one)

Knight Errant (a female hero finally! Kerra Holt is pretty awesome!)

So many more I could suggest but like I said these are personal favorites.

As for where to get them..Things from Another World is an awesome site someone mentioned. I get mine from a local store (Emerald City Comics in Clearwater or Seminole) or from TFAW.

Edited by VigDiath