Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The hate for moments of the films

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The hate for moments of the films

rawtravel's Avatar


rawtravel
07.19.2013 , 01:53 PM | #21
Two things...

Storm Trooper Armor. Really? Those guys get one-shot left and right, throughout all the movies. Seriously, have you ever seen that ridiculous white armor deflect or absorb anything? Ever? Perfectly reasonable to assume that an arrow would kill them instantly as well. If this was Star Trek they would all be wearing red shirts!

Ewoks and Endor. Is anyone else bothered by the relative size of the final massive explosion that took out the shield generator? Check it out again. Relatively speaking, It looks to me like the blast covered around 5-10 square miles of that forest, at least! This would have vaporized not only the forest, but Han, Leia, the rebel-scum task force, R2 and 3PO and every cute little Ewok around! It has always bugged me.

I'm not saying.......I'm just saying.....

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
07.19.2013 , 02:00 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by rawtravel View Post
Two things...

Storm Trooper Armor. Really? Those guys get one-shot left and right, throughout all the movies. Seriously, have you ever seen that ridiculous white armor deflect or absorb anything? Ever? Perfectly reasonable to assume that an arrow would kill them instantly as well. If this was Star Trek they would all be wearing red shirts!

Ewoks and Endor. Is anyone else bothered by the relative size of the final massive explosion that took out the shield generator? Check it out again. Relatively speaking, It looks to me like the blast covered around 5-10 square miles of that forest, at least! This would have vaporized not only the forest, but Han, Leia, the rebel-scum task force, R2 and 3PO and every cute little Ewok around! It has always bugged me.

I'm not saying.......I'm just saying.....
Reason for the armor bit is...the Rebels were using military grade armor penetrating weaponry. So of course the armor is going to be useless, the armor was more to protect from harsh environments, also explosives and shrapnel. The armor can protect from blaster shots, but we never see the Rebels use anything less then an armor penetrating weapon.

As for the Ewoks thing, they were mainly using blunt force on the troopers and even those that did have spears did multiple stabbings, its safe to say that the armor was designed for blasters and the like, not so much stabbing weaponry.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

TalonVII's Avatar


TalonVII
07.19.2013 , 02:54 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaedusz View Post
Anakin looked too young in episode 3,maybe he should have had more makeup to make him appear a little older.There is hardly any change between him there and in episode 2,except for the eye scar and the hair.Other than that,i don't have complaints about him.
Also would have been better if he had more moments with yellow eyes,cus i think the actor is good at portraying dark characters,just as GL himself said.Basically he should have appeared as Vader without suit longer than he did.

Also there are many things specially in episode 3 that are done badly.There shouldn't be a book about it that clarifies things,everything should be clear from the movie itself and the book should just explore things in detail.The fight between Yoda and Sidious ,Sidious and Windu being a few examples.
You have to remember, it's only 2 years between ep II and ep III. That's the reason he doesn't look much older.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight, Inquisitor, Smuggler

turnoverla-page's Avatar


turnoverla-page
07.19.2013 , 04:12 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaedusz View Post
Anakin looked too young in episode 3,maybe he should have had more makeup to make him appear a little older.There is hardly any change between him there and in episode 2,except for the eye scar and the hair.Other than that,i don't have complaints about him.
Also would have been better if he had more moments with yellow eyes,cus i think the actor is good at portraying dark characters,just as GL himself said.Basically he should have appeared as Vader without suit longer than he did.

Also there are many things specially in episode 3 that are done badly.There shouldn't be a book about it that clarifies things,everything should be clear from the movie itself and the book should just explore things in detail.The fight between Yoda and Sidious ,Sidious and Windu being a few examples.
with what you said about the book, making a film is hard work and to actually clarify stuff only using the characters actions and speach must be hard, abit like why the hanger games film wasnt as good as the the book.

turnoverla-page's Avatar


turnoverla-page
07.19.2013 , 04:14 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Reason for the armor bit is...the Rebels were using military grade armor penetrating weaponry. So of course the armor is going to be useless, the armor was more to protect from harsh environments, also explosives and shrapnel. The armor can protect from blaster shots, but we never see the Rebels use anything less then an armor penetrating weapon.

As for the Ewoks thing, they were mainly using blunt force on the troopers and even those that did have spears did multiple stabbings, its safe to say that the armor was designed for blasters and the like, not so much stabbing weaponry.
in the book aliegence it says how the stormtrooper amour absorbed lower grade blasts but still caused pain somtimes

Kaisernick's Avatar


Kaisernick
07.19.2013 , 05:11 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexDougherty View Post
My problems are


B) Anakin spends years with R2D2, and builds C3PO, but later doesn't recognise them at all.
If you watch the films Vader never really gets to see R2-D2 at least not up close and as for 3po well http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll...6ux5o1_500.png

kirorx's Avatar


kirorx
07.19.2013 , 06:54 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by hadoken View Post
That is actually a thing. Stress can weaken your heart to the point of cardiac arrest. It is called Takotsubo cardiomyopathy.
This is very doubtful

As I do work in the medical field and teach paramedic school, I have come across this term and from my understanding it can be lethal but super rare and often no fatal, it can present as a myocardial infarction but that is treatable in the real world, I would imagine that the Star Wars galaxy has better medical care than we do and the droid would not have missed ST elevation in a 12 lead.

Again though there were more straight forward ways to kill off padme, like an explosion
Watch the Clowder of Cather in this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uTcYvoEbU

Sindorin's Avatar


Sindorin
07.19.2013 , 07:07 PM | #28
How about the hate for people who can't just accept Star Wars films for what they are: good movies, that enrich the universe. I don't give a darn who shot first. It's star wars. I like it!
For The Empire!

Oya, Surtr! Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum!

Xeta's Avatar


Xeta
07.20.2013 , 01:00 AM | #29
Fode and Beed (the dual-headed podrace commentators) are the absolute worst things in all of the Star Wars movies.
Xeta - Bounty Hunter, Mercenary, Assassin, Rancor Handler, etc.
Formerly Flurry (SWG), currently Begeren Colony

<Twin Sun Mercenaries>

kirorx's Avatar


kirorx
07.20.2013 , 03:54 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Xeta View Post
Fode and Beed (the dual-headed podrace commentators) are the absolute worst things in all of the Star Wars movies.
If we are going in that direction, what about the fifties diner from AOTC
complete with a waitress named flo
Watch the Clowder of Cather in this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uTcYvoEbU