Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hybrid builds in general for a noob

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Hybrid builds in general for a noob

Gren-Aluren
07.17.2013 , 01:19 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthScruffy View Post
As far as bad hybriding I can think of the following:
Assault/Tactics

Last I checked Vanguard Assault/Tactics hybrid did well above the DPS the individual trees did. There are two actually. One where you rely on Pulse Cannon 60% damage proc, free stock strike and High Impact Bolt; then the other you go into the tank tree for bonus damage, Tactics for bleeding ability then all the way up assault for bonus crit damage. Very glass though.

Lachryphage
07.17.2013 , 12:06 PM | #12
As a tank or healer in PvE hybrid doesn't work. You might be able to pull it off pretty well as a PvE DPS or in PvP as a tank or healer though.

Quote: Originally Posted by Alefiend View Post
Lastly, I have no idea how to handle a healer spec. I know it's a vital role, but I haven't yet wrapped my mind around how I can have fun skeeting kolto around while my companions or group members do all the fighting. I am willing to learn.
It's basically the same as other classes, except instead of shooting or casting skills at the mobs you're shooting or casting skills at your team. The only difference is the health bars move backwards and the names above your targets are green instead of red.

Chimp-face
07.30.2013 , 04:48 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Karkais View Post
What you mean murdered? Lightning barrage glitch is gone and with it a lot of the little "oomph" the sorcerer dps had, but I believe the hybrid lightning/madness is still feasible. In fact it is the build I would prefer to use in PVE dps. (I have a sorcerer but I prefer my marauder these days)
Lightning/Madness is still relevant and alot of fun.

I also favor Arsenal/Pyro hybrid on my merc. mainly because I like to spam rail shot and unload
Conceived in a hell beyond your depth of perception, Chaotic case of conquering domination
Psychopath snaps fired chains of imprisonment, A bludgeoning force that's undermining the government

Zunayson
07.30.2013 , 07:53 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Chimp-face View Post
Lightning/Madness is still relevant and alot of fun.

I also favor Arsenal/Pyro hybrid on my merc. mainly because I like to spam rail shot and unload
take one of your points from 8 heat every 6 seconds from high velocity and put it in hydraulic override duration.
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

cmn_ky
09.30.2013 , 08:16 AM | #15
I know this is a few months old and hope you have a good grip on where your toons going; but I completely disagree with this statement.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lachryphage View Post
As a tank or healer in PvE hybrid doesn't work. You might be able to pull it off pretty well as a PvE DPS or in PvP as a tank or healer though.
The reason is simple (for a healer); I have built a sage seer/balance hybrid and have planned out the skill progression to lvl 55 using mr robot (can link skills if you want to see to comment on) and on paper, he just rocks. So far, I've been able to do nice damage and be a great 2nd healer.

Now, I want to qualify what I'm looking for. I'm looking for a toon that can introduce me to healing, while still playing in my play style. All I know is that I ran through Athiss this past weekend and was CCing 3 of the 4 adds, so I could pick them off. Healing the tank when he was out of range of the healer. Healing the healer when she was low on HP or healing the others in the group and was able to heal myself after everyone else fell on the last battle and finish off the final dude (4 - 5 k HP remaining on him) solo. So what I'm seeing from my level 28 Sage contradicts what you stated.

I agree with the hybrid Vanguard DPS version. I have found that I do more damage and take out more mobs and elites with the dual DPS tree Vanguard.

I also agree with the concept of Healing and Tanking. If it's in your blood, you'll enjoy it; if not, then don't bother. I enjoy tanking and DPS, but am new to heals. I created an operative and absolutely hated because it wasn't my idea of a sniper. However, since then I have created a sage and BH and am enjoying the heals/dps side of things.

It's ok to want to attack and do damage, just make sure you have enough energy left to heal the people who need it, when they need it.