Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Representatives Are Here!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Class Representatives Are Here!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jimvinny
07.10.2013 , 03:03 PM | #21
As per usual, this will get overrun by whining PVP'ers, and balance for PVE will be even further destroyed. Awesome.

Pistols
07.10.2013 , 03:04 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
So.. I don't see a comparison to a mostly PvE MMO player based like this one has.
Andryah, this may come as a shock to thee, but it doesn't matter what this game is mostly centered around. If the game offers BOTH PvE and PvP, then both gameplay options are equally important.

Thank you.

Braxxiss
07.10.2013 , 03:04 PM | #23
I feel like this is a bad idea. I don't spend much time on the forums, really, so I wouldn't know who to vote for in the first place. I understand having 1 go to guy for each group, but so much can go wrong, focusing only PvP because that is all the "elected" player likes, or vice versa.
Sword in a Box. Never forget.

Tatanka
07.10.2013 , 03:05 PM | #24
If classes are mirrored, and a rep will stand for both archetypes for that class, why not only four reps? That way you could actually expand the player rep system into areas such as PVP, raid, and RP without adding too much overhead.
Leadership is a matter of intelligence, trustworthiness, humaneness, courage, and discipline...
Vanguard... "I'm on point!"

Andryah
07.10.2013 , 03:05 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by ChuangTzu View Post
My other issue is that there is no reason your own ppl can't read the forums to see what the top issues are! It just seems you are trying to get us to do your job for you. So although I like the gesture and for me shows more commitment to your players but it seems you are going to open a can of worms. Hopefully I am proved wrong though.
Given the vocal lack of trust toward the developers in the forums.. I'm going to say that having player representatives is a good move. If nothing else, it disarms some of the rhetoric and lets the community start to discuss objectively the classes needs/wants/shortfalls.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Lunafox
07.10.2013 , 03:06 PM | #26
This is the stupidest crap I've ever heard. Bringing this popularity contest into the game will serve nothing. I suppose they're trying to find ways of getting players to do their work for them. To know how people feel all they need do is read the forums once in a while.

This is just to make the star bellied sneeches feel more special, and I highly doubt that anything good will come from this, because it will be just a select few yapping their thoughts, and the rest will go unheard, and in the end, the Bioware people will just do whatever they want anyhow.

Why do they even bother to put people thru this stuff. I suppose they feel all good about 'trying to get people involved.' Yeah, whatever, go vote in your popularity contest. I for one think its BS and won't be bothered. Enjoy your little elitist club.
No Individual class/companion story extensions, make it technically challenging to pay a sub!
~Take care everyone! May the Force be with you, always!~

Pistols
07.10.2013 , 03:07 PM | #27
And to Eric,

To help alleviate some issues with RP, PvP and PvE class issues, perhaps instead of appointing two players each for each AC (which you guys are not willing to do, which I tunderstand), is it possible to have the following instead:

1. RP Representitive

2. PvE Representitive

3. PvP Represetitive

In this way, we can also get some dialogue going with the 3 known gameplay styles.

TUXs
07.10.2013 , 03:07 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
No way! He crazy!!

J/K Pistols.

While I can see value in separate focus for PvP and PvE... I'm of the mind to let Bioware drive this into place and see how it works before making sweeping judgments on how it needs to be partitioned (if at all).

Good representatives WILL represent both interests.... so have some faith IMO. The Class interests are key.
I don't think we need double the representation (meaning 1 PvE primarily and 1 PvP primarily Commando for example), but I think each playstyle should have an individual representative - PvP, PvE (Ops and FPs), RP and Space.
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

Andryah
07.10.2013 , 03:07 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post
Andryah, this may come as a shock to thee, but it doesn't matter what this game is mostly centered around. If the game offers BOTH PvE and PvP, then both gameplay options are equally important.

Thank you.
Spoken like a true minority interest.

It's more basic then even you are stating. ALL gameplay options are equally important. And history has shown in MMOs that PvPers don't care about PvE interests. To some degree the reverse is also true..but to nowhere near the extreme. But the reality is that good representatives for the classes will be people with a balanced view of PvE and PvP.. NOT the hardcore in either camp.

Like in politics.. so many things in the world run better under "centrist" principles.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

zzoorrzz
07.10.2013 , 03:11 PM | #30
I suggest SirCopperfield to be named representative of all advanced clases since we all know he has all of them on lvl 55 and therefore understands swtor's gameplay best of all in context of other classes as well. He's also professional gamer, which can't hurt either.