Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Share Your Custom Loading Screens!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Share Your Custom Loading Screens!

Atramar's Avatar


Atramar
07.10.2013 , 10:10 AM | #11
changing game files is against ToS, you will be arrested, banned, found guilty, spend 5 years in prison of hard labour, and burn in hell.


nice job, think I'll copy the idea of 'long long time ago'.
Thanks
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

DewyMossEmpire's Avatar


DewyMossEmpire
07.10.2013 , 02:53 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by dark-jehts View Post
I'm using an official one i found and fell in love with some time ago


Edit : gotta right click and select preview or show picture or whatever it is in english to see it correctly
Nice, that's an awesome one x) & if you want to see it full, Right Click > Open Image In New Tab ^^

OMGitsCHARLIE's Avatar


OMGitsCHARLIE
07.11.2013 , 11:03 AM | #13
Changed it back to this, which I made last fall, in light of the new Stylish Dance emote we got yesterday.

yummies - cleavette - moo'shu - i'm'faddycakes

shonenjumpstyle's Avatar


shonenjumpstyle
07.11.2013 , 05:23 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by OMGitsCHARLIE View Post
Changed it back to this, which I made last fall, in light of the new Stylish Dance emote we got yesterday.

Oh my god that is beautiful.

Quick question, is it possible to make the loading screen a transparent PNG? Becaue I notice at the edges of my screen that things are still moving around me and I can move as well while the loading screen is up. Sometimes the loaing screen doesn't show up for a short moment and I can see everything is already loaded.

DewyMossEmpire's Avatar


DewyMossEmpire
07.11.2013 , 05:56 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by shonenjumpstyle View Post
Oh my god that is beautiful.

Quick question, is it possible to make the loading screen a transparent PNG? Becaue I notice at the edges of my screen that things are still moving around me and I can move as well while the loading screen is up. Sometimes the loaing screen doesn't show up for a short moment and I can see everything is already loaded.
My guess would be yes. When playing in Fullscreen, if you minimize the game & then bring it back up, there will be a short loading screen because everything has to re-render. Or sometimes if you travel through an elevator (especially on the fleet you can get those awkwardly long loading screens) or what have you, the loading screen pops up & you can hear your footsteps if you move around. So I'd say that if you wanted to make an invisible screen or maybe just get rid of the screen all together (not sure if that would break the game or not), sure you could move about. But you'd be watching the world come together & would most likely get stuck in a lot of places & there would probally be a lot of FPS choppiness.

As for the main loading screens when you fist load the game or a planet or what have you, that's separate from the rest & your character is locked in place & so forth.

MocniSkopac's Avatar


MocniSkopac
07.11.2013 , 06:33 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by DewyMossEmpire View Post
It's rather simple, you just need to go through a jungle of folders in order to get to the right place. To change mine, the location reads thusly:

Computer > Local Disk (C) > Program Files (x86) > Electronic Arts > BioWare > Star Wars - The Old Republic > swtor > retailclient > LoadingScreens

There you will find a .dds file, & the picture that is currently your Loading Screen, which will be named "LoadingScreen". Delete, cut & paste, or move that picture to somewhere you'd like to save it if you so desire, & then place in your new pic. Mine is a 1920x1080 1.85 Mb JPEG. Best to use a large picture so the game can scale it to your resolution. Rename that pic to "LoadingScreen", & you're done! Enjoy seeing your custom work or favorite picture whenever the loading screen pops up for the game
Thanks for this, as I hate the default image. I use this one now: http://wallpoper.com/images/00/44/14...n_00441488.jpg

DewyMossEmpire's Avatar


DewyMossEmpire
07.11.2013 , 07:40 PM | #17
Haha, I like it!

MetaRayMek's Avatar


MetaRayMek
07.12.2013 , 03:30 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by DewyMossEmpire View Post
It's rather simple, you just need to go through a jungle of folders in order to get to the right place. To change mine, the location reads thusly:

Computer > Local Disk (C) > Program Files (x86) > Electronic Arts > BioWare > Star Wars - The Old Republic > swtor > retailclient > LoadingScreens

There you will find a .dds file, & the picture that is currently your Loading Screen, which will be named "LoadingScreen". Delete, cut & paste, or move that picture to somewhere you'd like to save it if you so desire, & then place in your new pic. Mine is a 1920x1080 1.85 Mb JPEG. Best to use a large picture so the game can scale it to your resolution. Rename that pic to "LoadingScreen", & you're done! Enjoy seeing your custom work or favorite picture whenever the loading screen pops up for the game
Danke!

I'll probably work on a custom loading screen (with my art) after I get back from Comic Con. For now, I'll just use a photo edit or something.

Atramar's Avatar


Atramar
07.12.2013 , 03:54 PM | #19
after all I went with http://www.desktopas.com/files/2013/...920-x-1200.jpg
feels so close home
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

DewyMossEmpire's Avatar


DewyMossEmpire
07.13.2013 , 04:25 AM | #20
Ooooh very nice x) I've got another pic in the works I'll hoist up soon.