Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Share Your Custom Loading Screens!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Share Your Custom Loading Screens!

DewyMossEmpire
07.09.2013 , 01:44 PM | #1
Hiya Community!

Let's see what everyone has come up with after getting tired of the same old loading screens? Especially RotHC, that one gets boring quick.

Here is one of mine featuring my 2 main characters, Tenaden (in his armor with his sword, RP'd as Mandalorian set) & Qor-q'Lepton, my Darth, & my 2 favorite Companions! Broonmark & Lord Scourge! (Both of which I have super geared to over 30k HP ) & also my best friend across SWTOR made a debut, Shaae! You can see her in the middle x)

CaptRavenous
07.09.2013 , 03:30 PM | #2
http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/972/4fno.jpg
Simple, yet creates more of an epic atmosphere in the game.

I feel this should have been the default loading screen.

I've been using this one since game opening, and have no plans to ever change it. It is hard to improve upon perfection, after all.
BEGEREN COLONY ROLE PLAY SERVER - west coast

DewyMossEmpire
07.09.2013 , 03:48 PM | #3
Haha, I love it!

MeisterBabylon
07.09.2013 , 10:32 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptRavenous View Post
http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/972/4fno.jpg
Simple, yet creates more of an epic atmosphere in the game.

I feel this should have been the default loading screen.

I've been using this one since game opening, and have no plans to ever change it. It is hard to improve upon perfection, after all.
Yes, I'd definitely want this for my loading screen, since I spend 5 minutes on it every time!

How do I go about changing it though? Do I have to override something in the client folder? Would that break the EULA or something?
"I feel your anger, Master."
"A BLIND, DEAF, COMATOSE LOBOTOMY PATIENT COULD FEEL MY ANGER!!"
"...Okay, I'm officially scared."

DewyMossEmpire
07.09.2013 , 11:56 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Yes, I'd definitely want this for my loading screen, since I spend 5 minutes on it every time!

How do I go about changing it though? Do I have to override something in the client folder? Would that break the EULA or something?
It's rather simple, you just need to go through a jungle of folders in order to get to the right place. To change mine, the location reads thusly:

Computer > Local Disk (C) > Program Files (x86) > Electronic Arts > BioWare > Star Wars - The Old Republic > swtor > retailclient > LoadingScreens

There you will find a .dds file, & the picture that is currently your Loading Screen, which will be named "LoadingScreen". Delete, cut & paste, or move that picture to somewhere you'd like to save it if you so desire, & then place in your new pic. Mine is a 1920x1080 1.85 Mb JPEG. Best to use a large picture so the game can scale it to your resolution. Rename that pic to "LoadingScreen", & you're done! Enjoy seeing your custom work or favorite picture whenever the loading screen pops up for the game :D

RisenDragon
07.10.2013 , 12:04 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DewyMossEmpire View Post
It's rather simple, you just need to go through a jungle of folders in order to get to the right place. To change mine, the location reads thusly:

Computer > Local Disk (C > Program Files (x86) > Electronic Arts > BioWare > Star Wars - The Old Republic > swtor > retailclient > LoadingScreens

There you will find a .dds file, & the picture that is currently your Loading Screen, which will be named "LoadingScreen". Delete, cut & paste, or move that picture to somewhere you'd like to save it if you so desire, & then place in your new pic. Mine is a 1920x1080 1.85 Mb JPEG. Best to use a large picture so the game can scale it to your resolution. Rename that pic to "LoadingScreen", & you're done! Enjoy seeing your custom work or favorite picture whenever the loading screen pops up for the game
Thank you for this. As someone who doesn't like mucking with the guts of the games, this is definitely helpful.

DewyMossEmpire
07.10.2013 , 12:37 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by RisenDragon View Post
Thank you for this. As someone who doesn't like mucking with the guts of the games, this is definitely helpful.

Ha, no prob. Gotta be very careful when poking around in the folders of games. It's like surgery, you have to be so precise x)

OddballEasyEight
07.10.2013 , 02:58 AM | #8
Dont forget to make a backup of your chosen screen tho, since the next expansion will most likely replace it just like ROTHC did...
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

DewyMossEmpire
07.10.2013 , 09:31 AM | #9
Yeah, there's no way I won't have projects like that not backed up in more than one place xD

dark-jehts
07.10.2013 , 09:44 AM | #10
I'm using an official one i found and fell in love with some time ago

Edit : gotta right click and select preview or show picture or whatever it is in english to see it correctly
LS Bounty hunter and always willing to help a brother !

K'oyacyi vod ! Pirunir sur'haaise !
The Mando'ad legacy , TRE