Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BIOWARE: Feedback Regarding Legacy Levels

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
BIOWARE: Feedback Regarding Legacy Levels

Superman_AZ
07.06.2013 , 11:09 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
You seem to think that if they introduce some other "unique item for legacy 40", or whatever legacy level, that there won't be massive clamoring from most, if not all, of the members of the "have to have it now" crowd because they cannot have it, which would leave us right back in the same situation we find ourselves in now.
And you assume people will clamor. It can't possibly get any worse than the QQ you and your crew are dropping over Treek. You never know til you try, but it seems like no one wants to try, everyone just wants to stomp their feet and complain.
"I'll explain. And I'll use small words so that you'll be sure to understand, you warthog-faced buffoon."
Westley ~ The Princess Bride

astrobearx
07.06.2013 , 11:19 PM | #42
As someone pointed out in another thread, since Nov. of 2012, using CC's has enabled BYPASSING ANY legacy requirement, so what would make you think something new would be any different?
that is wrong, legacy fleet pass CANNOT BE BROUGHT WITH CC, only in game credits.
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post
Because Bioware won't let my have the Jewel of the Dark Side, which would amplify my powers and allow me to take control of the galaxy in my bid for a tyrannical dictatorship.
Poo-doo.

Superman_AZ
07.06.2013 , 11:59 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Mark-JPS View Post
LOL... legacy level 5... and you think you're a big shot in this forum... wait $200? ookkay. What comes out in your mouth is utter lies. SIgh.
My Cartel Coin purchase history. I wanted to do this earlier in the day, but I got called in to work and did not have time to share it. That is a condensed screen cap of my Cartel Coin purchases since June 4th. It is now July 6th. I know the internet gives people the ability to lie, but I find the truth to be much more effective.
"I'll explain. And I'll use small words so that you'll be sure to understand, you warthog-faced buffoon."
Westley ~ The Princess Bride

Desolaytore
07.07.2013 , 02:02 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Superman_AZ View Post
My Cartel Coin purchase history. I wanted to do this earlier in the day, but I got called in to work and did not have time to share it. That is a condensed screen cap of my Cartel Coin purchases since June 4th. It is now July 6th. I know the internet gives people the ability to lie, but I find the truth to be much more effective.
Remember, EA will always love you.
"I hear them enter my domain, children unknowing. They will serve..." - The Infernal One
Lightning flashes of insight, Into the mirth of a dark sky,
Pain of division is nothing, Joy of dissolution is everything.

Ratajack
07.07.2013 , 04:12 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Desolaytore View Post
Remember, EA will always love you.
Who says you can't buy love?

ImperialSun
07.07.2013 , 04:36 AM | #46
We've already seen what happened with the bowcasters. Too many people complained that they missed their chance to get them for whatever reason, and so rather than introduce a DIFFERENT type of legacy weapon that uses barrels, they decide to sell bowcasters so all the complainers can get one. We HAD a UNIQUE type of weapon and look what happened due to all the complainers.

I would love to see a taun taun mount given to each character in a legacy for reaching legacy 40 and the PROMISE that it would be the ONLY taun taun mount in the game and the ONLY way to obtain it would be to reach legacy 40, and a two seat speeder given for reaching legacy 50 with the same promise, but I do not expect to see either one.
No....you didn't have a unique type of weapon....I had the exact same bow caster so it wasn't unique at all...get over yourself

Do I support rewards for high legacy achievement? Of course...and I'm only legacy 25 myself btw....speeders, pets, mounts, even armor and weapons would be great....or maybe even a series of holo statues like SWG used to give for 6, 12,18, 24 month subscription anniversarys... Just for legacy levels instead

It just annoys me when elitist try and claim they are unique and special when hundreds of thousands of players are running around with the exact same item lol

Driz

WillCaedes
07.07.2013 , 05:46 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Superman_AZ View Post
I would imagine if BW got serious and made a LL40+ option for those users only, that you could use CC, but you would still have to have the LL40+ to use/claim it. They make CC an option for players (with or without a legacy of that level) to use either form of currency for their purchase. They simply want to provide options. But, what would it really matter if the Legacy lock was on it and it could not even be purchased with CC until you hit 40? Some LL40+ players might prefer using CC. Others would prefer to use creds. Either way, you'd still have to be LL40+ just to SEE the item to unlock it.

Maybe instead of fighting with me about the requirements, you could ask BW for some type of item to implement. I can't give anyone anything except the chance to be heard. What they say is up to them.
Your not giving anyone anything. Please stop deluding yourself. Well, aside from opening a thread up to the typical forum trollings and whinery its gotten. Past month or so this General Forums area has dissolved into nothing more than a page for people to rant, rave and whine about what Bioware should do and blah blah blah. Then enter the apologists, followed by the trolls who then proceed to bicker and moan. All of this is accompanied by the cherry on top of, piss poor communication from Bioware Devs, Producers, and at this point, Community Managers. Yep Bioware, I said it, you still suck at communication. See, everytime you screw up with stuff like oh say, 2.1? You turtle it. You don't balls up and face the issue and apologize to your consumer fanbase, you instead dance around like a pansy saying "Nope, nope! That was obviously a bad communcation!" or you just sit there like you do 99.9% of the time and act silent. Tell me Bioware, how many subscribers has that strategy won you? 20? Maybe 10? Oh wait I know, 5! Ah well, we all know its unlikely they'll attempt to discredit this claim because, again...silent strategy. "If we don't say anything, maybe the bug/problem/Customer Service Rep/etc. will go away." - SWTOR Team Motto.

Any one of us could have started this thread. But I guarantee the majority of us haven't bothered to start something like this because we have absolutely NO faith in Bioware, EA, the Developers or the community managers.

"What they say is up to them." - Please see above rant. Thanks.

PS: And yes, I know this very post is a rant and rave which I complained about, I don't really care.
Bad game development attracts my attention - Some people like to characterize me as a right bugger. But this is a mischaracterization. Forum DEFENDERS and their commentary when blindly HERALDED will be read and I will give it the objective and critical assessment it deserves of both the post and the actual poor state of the game.

Uruare
07.07.2013 , 07:05 AM | #48
Who says you can't buy love?
The only love the corporate economy has for anything or anyone is defined by its price tag. Where HAVE you been, darling?
I'm the casual gamer with more money than time to burn. Loath me for it if you like.

astrobearx
07.07.2013 , 10:17 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by WillCaedes View Post
Your not giving anyone anything. Please stop deluding yourself. Well, aside from opening a thread up to the typical forum trollings and whinery its gotten. Past month or so this General Forums area has dissolved into nothing more than a page for people to rant, rave and whine about what Bioware should do and blah blah blah. Then enter the apologists, followed by the trolls who then proceed to bicker and moan. All of this is accompanied by the cherry on top of, piss poor communication from Bioware Devs, Producers, and at this point, Community Managers. Yep Bioware, I said it, you still suck at communication. See, everytime you screw up with stuff like oh say, 2.1? You turtle it. You don't balls up and face the issue and apologize to your consumer fanbase, you instead dance around like a pansy saying "Nope, nope! That was obviously a bad communcation!" or you just sit there like you do 99.9% of the time and act silent. Tell me Bioware, how many subscribers has that strategy won you? 20? Maybe 10? Oh wait I know, 5! Ah well, we all know its unlikely they'll attempt to discredit this claim because, again...silent strategy. "If we don't say anything, maybe the bug/problem/Customer Service Rep/etc. will go away." - SWTOR Team Motto.

Any one of us could have started this thread. But I guarantee the majority of us haven't bothered to start something like this because we have absolutely NO faith in Bioware, EA, the Developers or the community managers.

"What they say is up to them." - Please see above rant. Thanks.

PS: And yes, I know this very post is a rant and rave which I complained about, I don't really care.
you should just QQ now and save yourself alot of wasted time
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post
Because Bioware won't let my have the Jewel of the Dark Side, which would amplify my powers and allow me to take control of the galaxy in my bid for a tyrannical dictatorship.
Poo-doo.

curtkram
07.07.2013 , 10:47 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by astrobearx View Post
you should just QQ now and save yourself alot of wasted time
i'm not sure what you mean by this.

this round of QQ is to make it clear that bioware is not developing the game people want. the next round will be due to the cartel market focus of the release, and the next round will be the continued lack of communication when they refuse to address the problem (even though we know, this far in advance, that it's a problem). want to save time? fix the game in a way that benefits the people who play the game and not the people making cartel market purchase to bypass the game.