Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BIOWARE: Feedback Regarding Legacy Levels

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
BIOWARE: Feedback Regarding Legacy Levels

curtkram
07.06.2013 , 02:36 PM | #21
i don't see why you would post this, unless it's just because you like the attention. didn't eric actually answer one of your questions? maybe your close relationship with the staff has gone to your head.

it's been stated in a few threads here, which you're already active in, that a lot of people would like the ewok to only be available to people with legacy of 40. you've clearly stated that you want to bypass in-game mechanics to buy it.

legacy 40 gets a title. do you want to buy that too?

Desolaytore
07.06.2013 , 02:42 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by curtkram View Post
i don't see why you would post this, unless it's just because you like the attention. didn't eric actually answer one of your questions? maybe your close relationship with the staff has gone to your head.

it's been stated in a few threads here, which you're already active in, that a lot of people would like the ewok to only be available to people with legacy of 40. you've clearly stated that you want to bypass in-game mechanics to buy it.

Wish I could bypass WoWs mechanics and get Sulfuras that Ive been farming for 7 months, but that wouldn't be fun
"I hear them enter my domain, children unknowing. They will serve..." - The Infernal One
Lightning flashes of insight, Into the mirth of a dark sky,
Pain of division is nothing, Joy of dissolution is everything.

Superman_AZ
07.06.2013 , 02:48 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Desolaytore View Post
All of it. We already get a title though - 'Living Legend'
A glowing aura would be ******! Wish CE's got something like that, maybe a gold aura? But yeah, The Legacy sets need to be switched and rewarded to high legacy players. Make it where when you get to 50 you get a full legacy set that scales with you that you can give to your alt. Mount would also be nice but only if it is unique, tired of damn reskins.
I liked the glowing aura thing too. Like glow for 2 mins with a 5 min cooldown. I think it would be really cool. I agree with the mounts, which is why I recommended the Tauntaun instead of another speeder to reskin.
"Be yourself, no one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong." ~ James Leo Herlihy

Superman_AZ
07.06.2013 , 02:52 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by curtkram View Post

I made this thread for IDNEWTON. In my other thread, he was grossly overupset by my casual status and insisted that Legacy 40+ demanded acknowledgement. But, since he was more concerned with arguing with me, rather than doing something about it, I made this thread on his behalf.

Hopefully, we will see some great responses and possibly garner the attention of Bioware to implement something tangible and unique for players with a Legacy 40+. I have no interest in gaining this legacy level as an unlock, or otherwise. I am a casual player who agrees that devoted players with this Legacy Level deserve something for all their effort and dedication.
"Be yourself, no one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong." ~ James Leo Herlihy

Superman_AZ
07.06.2013 , 03:04 PM | #25
Now is your chance Legacy level 40+s... now is your chance to step up and give your two cents on what you would like to see as a Legacy reward that sets you apart from those who have not put forth the work.

CommanderKeeva
07.06.2013 , 03:10 PM | #26
I'm not sure if they will ever do something like that for high-level legacy players because each time Bioware does not permit a CC unlock, they are essentially throwing away money from people like....well...you. And I think it's safe to assume they will never, ever refuse money.

I believe that the best we can ask for is asking Legacy items to come in two ways. Either unlock it with CC coins for people like you (because someone always will complain about high level reqs, even if you don't) OR unlock it free for the entire account upon reaching the appropriate level. There's nothing that says thanks to me like not having to pay hundreds of thousands of credits to unlock the vendor, mailbox and field respec for each alt. This way, with enough time and effort, you can acquire everything for free for every character of yours. Having a ridiculously high legacy req on unlocks and a ridiculously high credit cost as well is just stupid imho.

Asking for something unique beyond titles is probably futile because Bioware will never surrender potential profits. But automatic unlocks upon reaching the appropriate legacy level would appease most people I reckon, including me.

EDIT: I love this idea as well. Make each legacy level award a 1% bonus to experience and reputation that you can turn off if you so desire. Then, at legacy 50, you could have +50% xp and rep bonus to all future alts!
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

Superman_AZ
07.06.2013 , 03:15 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by CommanderKeeva View Post
Spoiler

Asking for something unique beyond titles is probably futile because Bioware will never surrender potential profits. But automatic unlocks upon reaching the appropriate legacy level would appease most people I reckon, including me.

EDIT: I love this idea as well. Make each legacy level award a 1% bonus to experience and reputation that you can turn off if you so desire. Then, at legacy 50, you could have +50% xp and rep bonus to all future alts!
I like your idea. I also think Level 40 should get a 50% unlock discount on perks (for all characters in that legac), and 75% at level 50. This would allow High level legacies to enjoy future alt unlocks at a substantially reduced rate. You could almost unlock all character perks for 1M creds, instead of just one item. I think players might enjoy the discounts, but a physical Legacy item is also needed. This would allow others to see this player as accomplished, and not just fresh off a turnip speeder

curtkram
07.06.2013 , 03:16 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Superman_AZ View Post
Now is your chance Legacy level 40+s... now is your chance to step up and give your two cents on what you would like to see as a Legacy reward that sets you apart from those who have not put forth the work.
bioware hasn't shown any more interest in listening to my concerns than you have. why is it different this time?

they took months to fix dead servers at the start.
when they finally released merges, i didn't have the option to move where i wanted or to put my characters on a single server, even though i asked several times and through every channel available and there were thousands of other forum posts asking the same thing.
when they released transfers, they said i would have to pay extra to fix what i still think was their mistake.
they have not said a single thing explaining why they made these decisions. they haven't explained why, after so many opportunities to put it right, they still want my legacy to be split across 3 servers. they haven't explained why they think it's best for people to buy their way around in-game mechanics, essentially devaluing what i've done in-game.

why is it that when you make a thread it's different? why are they going to start listening this time? just because you have a beef with IDNEWTON?

how about this. if i get to legacy 40, i would like bioware to be more open and honest with me about the above concerns. no half-truths, deception, or manipulation. i would like them to stop ignoring their problems.

WillCaedes
07.06.2013 , 03:17 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by daclouddwalker View Post
Whats your problem with him? you've been quite rude..
Most likely because after revealing this tidbit of information, some of us are beginning to think that the OP is quite full of themselves. That point aside I do agree there is a need for exclusive and tangible legacy level 40+ rewards.

The legacy level 20 armor ideas were cool, maybe just maybe turn the old (Tion/Columni/Rakata) raid armors into legacy level 40 armors. Think of it, the only people currently high enough to obtain said sets were ones who've been around since about launch.
Patch 2.7.1 - We're more concerned about getting the latest greatest Cartel Cash Market item out, then making sure our servers are adequately stable for gameplay. You might be lagging folks, but look! A Black varayactly and a reskinned armor coming soon!

WillCaedes
07.06.2013 , 03:21 PM | #30
Double post.
Patch 2.7.1 - We're more concerned about getting the latest greatest Cartel Cash Market item out, then making sure our servers are adequately stable for gameplay. You might be lagging folks, but look! A Black varayactly and a reskinned armor coming soon!